Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Canada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/)
-   -   Who here has Wrangler Territory on their Jeep? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/who-here-has-wrangler-territory-on-their-jeep-224250.html)

Maritimer 02-28-2013 08:57 PM

Who here has Wrangler Territory on their Jeep?

Good evening,

The Duratrac is one of the most popular tires put on a Jeep and I was wondering who here in Canada wears the Territory? I know they are basically the same tire but made for Canadian Tire and was just curious.

I am on my 2nd set and absolutely love them. I had a set on my 2000 Cherokee Sport and now on my 2010 JKU Sport.

My stock tires were 255/75R17's and of course,the Territory was not offered in that size but in 245's which I got.The wear seems decent and the grip is exceptional. The sidewalls are not the strongest but I don't go rock climbing.
Road driving is decent and I feel very confident when I am in the woods with these tires.

When these babies are worn out, I will be definately getting another set.

Arch 02-28-2013 10:27 PM

Hmm might have to look into this. I have Cooper Discoverer AT3's on right now but am thinking about what I want to replace them with when the time comes...

RevCo666 02-28-2013 10:37 PM

I own a set wrangler territories, they were put on new (like a week or so) by the PO to pass the safety last summer when i got the jeep fever lol. So far i like them, use to be BFG fan with my last pickup but the side walls started cracking after 4 years. So i hope these hold up, i dont do trails and if I did they would be light stuff. 31X10.5R15 is my size, no rubbing that i noticed and im not lifted.

Dan2012 02-28-2013 11:38 PM

The great thing about the territory shoes is that CT puts them on sale occasionally for a great price. They were on for about $172/tire for the largest size they had for a while in the fall. Maybe $150 or so for the smallest size...I plan on going that direction when my stock tires need replacing.

RevCo666 02-28-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2012 (Post 3436271)
The great thing about the territory shoes is that CT puts them on sale occasionally for a great price. They were on for about $172/tire for the largest size they had for a while in the fall. Maybe $150 or so for the smallest size...I plan on going that direction when my stock tires need replacing.

Hey Dan, hows it going? I just checked the other day about getting a replacement spare as the PO never changed the spare to a proper 31 inch size. But yeah the price was about 174$ before taxes for one at CT...

Dan2012 03-01-2013 12:45 AM

Hey bro doing good here. Enjoying the snow? ;-) Yep I knew they were somewhere around that price. I never looked into all the sizes they offered because I wasn't in the market at the time, but I will definitely take a.hard look in a year or two. Was going to go up as big as possible without running into issues with rubbing or gear problems.

RevCo666 03-01-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2012 (Post 3436536)
Hey bro doing good here. Enjoying the snow? ;-) Yep I knew they were somewhere around that price. I never looked into all the sizes they offered because I wasn't in the market at the time, but I will definitely take a.hard look in a year or two. Was going to go up as big as possible without running into issues with rubbing or gear problems.

Being at 3.73 gear ratio, I dont think its a problem in my situation running 31/10.5/15 but I aint no expert...

Yeah, the tires are performing good in the snow so far as its my first winter in a jeep. Alot better then running a pickup with no weight and rear wheel drive only... those were dreadfull winters lol

GI JOE68 03-01-2013 11:20 PM

I was looking at the Territorys as well for replacing my stock tires in the fall.
I'm thinking of going 235/80/17 with the stock rims.
A lot of the reviews I have read have been positive.
Some have compared them to the Wrangler Authority by Wal mart, but the treads aren't even close to being the same.
I heard one guy at work say they are more like the Kelly Safari TSR.
I figure I have until the fall, so I'll do more research and watch for more reviews.
Do you think the 235/80/17 on a 2011JK will be too narrow?

Dan2012 03-02-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GI JOE68 (Post 3441302)
I was looking at the Territorys as well for replacing my stock tires in the fall.
I'm thinking of going 235/80/17 with the stock rims.
A lot of the reviews I have read have been positive.
Some have compared them to the Wrangler Authority by Wal mart, but the treads aren't even close to being the same.
I heard one guy at work say they are more like the Kelly Safari TSR.
I figure I have until the fall, so I'll do more research and watch for more reviews.
Do you think the 235/80/17 on a 2011JK will be too narrow?

Do you have an unlimited? Stock on my Sahara UL is 255. Just personal preference but I'd at least stay at the stock size.

GI JOE68 03-02-2013 01:38 AM

I have a stock regular JK
I was thinking of going narrow based on what I have read in regards to narrow tires and traction.
The 235/80/17 is the closest in measurement to the stock 255/75/17 I have on right now, just narrower.
Want to maintain the sidewall height for clearance since I don't plan on doing a lift just yet.
I'm looking for function, not looks.
Any input is greatly received as off roading is new to me.

RevCo666 03-02-2013 07:46 AM

Well i have gone light off roading last summer, this winter took it out on the lake. Both times no issues. From what our US counterparts have said, the GY territories are closer to duratracts. Im thinking this is correct as well looking at all the pics online here. Wish i could provide a better review but i haven't been out much do to medical reasons.

offroad cowboy 03-11-2013 10:20 PM

I have duratracks on my powerwagon, love them. But not on my jeep