Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   This girl finally got her Jeep!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/this-girl-finally-got-her-jeep-225035.html)

teeny19 03-04-2013 03:22 AM

This girl finally got her Jeep!!
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys! I'm so happy to finally be able to join this forum after years of searching for a Wrangler to call my own. I've wanted one since I was about 5 years old (waited 20 years!) but I finally got my hands on one in November 2012.

It's a 1998 TJ / 4.0L 6cyl / 5 spd.
I was determined to get one with the 4.0L engine and manual transmission. He's got 200k miles on him but I love him to death and I'm quite willing to replace whatever's necessary over the years- including the engine.
Located on Long Island, NY.

Got some 31" tires. Now looking at lifts and a soft top for summer.

Zevman 03-04-2013 03:32 AM

Welcome to the forum, I'm learning a lot here.

MrSig 03-04-2013 05:05 AM

http://r23.imgfast.net/users/2314/13...3032514546.gif and enjoy the forum!

dabolt55 03-04-2013 07:54 AM

Welcome..:wavey:

jeepers29 03-04-2013 07:55 AM

Welcomeaboard! Now paint those flares.

Beastmaster 03-04-2013 09:01 AM

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Afrey1209 03-04-2013 09:09 AM

Welcome!! From another girl with a TJ who's in the same situation! Best of luck to you and your boy!!

goose39 03-04-2013 09:43 AM

wooo!

SilverSport 03-04-2013 10:35 AM

Welcome Aboard! :wavey:

teeny19 03-04-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepers29 (Post 3452569)
Welcomeaboard! Now paint those flares.

Haha yes I know, what paint should I use?

teeny19 03-04-2013 01:31 PM

Thanks guys - love it here so far. Been searching through the forum till 4am last night looking at lift kits. So many options!

tabber02 03-04-2013 01:34 PM

welcome to the wrangler forum! :wavey:

jeepers29 03-04-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeny19 (Post 3453878)
Haha yes I know, what paint should I use?

Krylon Fusion for plastic. Home depot has it. Enjoy your Jeep.

Steelman 03-04-2013 05:30 PM

So THAT'S what my ol' 1998 TJ used to look like!

Welcome to the madness that is Jeep ownership!

sureman 03-04-2013 05:57 PM

I dont see any photos of a girl by that Jeep :cool:

jokerchief462 03-04-2013 08:31 PM

Welcome to the forum good looking JEEP!!!

Khwaja ji 03-05-2013 12:37 AM

similar situation
 
at last could convince my wife that we needed a Jeep , have just got a 2006 TJ Manual , HT. need your suggestions how to play with this stock. :punk:

teeny19 03-05-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khwaja ji (Post 3457723)
at last could convince my wife that we needed a Jeep , have just got a 2006 TJ Manual , HT. need your suggestions how to play with this stock. :punk:

Haha well I don't know much yet but I started with the bigger tires and what a difference that simple step made.

teeny19 03-05-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepers29 (Post 3454036)
Krylon Fusion for plastic. Home depot has it. Enjoy your Jeep.

What do you think of this Rustoleum Bumper/Trim paint? Went to Home Depot tonight and they didn't have any Krylon.

teeny19 03-05-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureman (Post 3455009)
I dont see any photos of a girl by that Jeep :cool:

Haha do we have a "Jeepers-gone-wild" section?

ob269 03-05-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeny19 (Post 3457794)
Haha do we have a "Jeepers-gone-wild" section?


:D

Maybe you should start one?

MudDemon 03-05-2013 05:56 AM

Wlcome to the forum. I have had aot of luck with Rubicon Express Kits. Also no issues with my Skyjacker kot on my last wrangler either. Nice jeep. Cant wait to see some more pics. Good luck.

SundogJeep 03-05-2013 01:11 PM

Welcome to the forum!

I have a 2000 TJ and elected to use a 2" bushing lift, 1" body lift and 33x12.50's to get the 4" I was looking for without disturbing the suspension or steering geometry... that was 12 years ago and no problems thus far.

Postal 03-06-2013 05:40 PM

Congrats on the new Jeep
 
Congrats and welcome to the forum. You didn't have to wait to join though. These guys are nice to non-Jeepers.......aren't they?

Rick-2011 03-07-2013 03:00 PM

Welcome! Now you're hooked......Jeeps forever!

Garrygky 03-07-2013 10:47 PM

Welcome and congratulations! =)

DragonWarrior 03-08-2013 07:50 PM

Welcome to the forum, and the (often expensive) adventure that is owning a Jeep! Looks like you've got a great start. I love my '97 TJ. What're your plans? Daily driver, weekend wheeler?

teeny19 03-09-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudDemon (Post 3458620)
Wlcome to the forum. I have had aot of luck with Rubicon Express Kits. Also no issues with my Skyjacker kot on my last wrangler either. Nice jeep. Cant wait to see some more pics. Good luck.

Thanks for the info! :)

teeny19 03-09-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SundogJeep (Post 3460347)
Welcome to the forum!

I have a 2000 TJ and elected to use a 2" bushing lift, 1" body lift and 33x12.50's to get the 4" I was looking for without disturbing the suspension or steering geometry... that was 12 years ago and no problems thus far.

Awesome, thanks for that information!

teeny19 03-09-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonWarrior (Post 3478743)
Welcome to the forum, and the (often expensive) adventure that is owning a Jeep! Looks like you've got a great start. I love my '97 TJ. What're your plans? Daily driver, weekend wheeler?

I love my TJ! It's my main vehicle so it's a dd but I want the ability to have fun off-roading. Plus I want to make it look badass (well, more than it already is..).

Replaced slave cylinder and drum/cylinders on rear wheels.
Buying front seats/brackets (my seats are worn, brackets are rusted and wobbly) from a wf member parting out their tj this week.
Just got my Spidertrax wheel spacers today.
Need to figure out why horn won't work.

Little steps I guess.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.