Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   REBATES coming out this week...even on Wrangler ? ? ? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/rebates-coming-out-this-week-even-on-wrangler-225050.html)

mike1158 03-04-2013 07:09 AM

REBATES coming out this week...even on Wrangler ? ? ?
 
I read this info from 2 members in another thread....

..."I have been to a 2nd dealership and negotiated on another Wrangler Unlimited. We starting to get fairly close to the price that I'd be willing to accept. We have emailed back and forth over the last few days as I try to hammer him down a bit more.
He told me yesterday that he was told on a conference call that they will love the new rebates that come out on Tuesday next week. He said he wasn't told specifics on the rebates or even if the Wranglers are included but I'm holding out hope...
Getting out of this damn lease has proven to be my biggest obstacle.


and and the other post stated

In Alberta rebates were announced on 3/1 = $3,200

now i know Canadian $ is a whole different ball game but....


Anyone have any insight into this? sounds almost too good to be true..

xcoaste 03-04-2013 07:16 AM

It does sound too good to be true, but so did the VW conquest offer that netted me $1,000 off just because we had a VW in our garage!

mike1158 03-04-2013 07:26 AM

i hear ya man, i actaually ordered a Sahara last monday...deposit only, no sales contract signed. So, IF this is true...it will be SO SWEET ! the Jeep will be cheaper when i pick it up then it was when i ordered it. :dance:

lee indy 03-04-2013 08:08 AM

jeep has a long long history of not offering rebates on wrangler.

mike1158 03-04-2013 09:36 AM

i know that's why i was surprised when the guy from Alberta said they were......

Ponderosa 03-04-2013 10:13 AM

I was looking at the Jeep.ca site (Canada) and the only Jeep that has a rebate is the Grand Cherokee at $2500. One deal did catch my eye though - FREE diesel option on the RAM.

lee indy 03-04-2013 10:15 AM

oooooooo bad ass.

Jeeperz Creeperz 03-04-2013 10:23 AM

Edmunds.com is a great site to track rebates. For a 2013 Wrangler, there are 4.

Loyalty bonus for people with leases with Chrysler..$1,000

Conquest Bonus $1,000...for people leasing competitive brands (not just Volkswagen)

Military Bonsu $500

Automobility Program offers eligible physically challenged consumers a cash allowance up to $1,000 towards adaptive driving or passenger equipment installed on a new vehicle.

Check back often as these change frequently

Jeep Wrangler Incentives and Rebates

hoopster3 03-04-2013 10:52 AM

Mike-

I trying to wait patiently for tomorrow to arrive. The salesman did tell me rebates were coming out but didn't know the specifics. He did say he was told they would be very happy with what comes out...he's just not sure the Wrangler is included.

Going by what has been offered in the past it would seem that Wrangler may not be included but since Canada was offered an incentive I'm hoping it is here. If Wrangler is included it has crossed my mind that some change could be made in the 2014's that they think people will want so they're trying to get rid of the 2013's...just my own thoughts though.

Seven333 03-04-2013 01:08 PM

If there are any rebates, what would this mean for those of us who already ordered our Jeep but are still waiting on delivery?

Highlift 03-04-2013 01:16 PM

Wranglers are usually not included in rebates, according to my salesman the last rebate on a wrangler happened in 2012, when they cleared the last of the 2011's out. It would be nice, but I would bet against it....most dealers around here can't get enough stock as it is....

mike1158 03-04-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven333 (Post 3454064)
If there are any rebates, what would this mean for those of us who already ordered our Jeep but are still waiting on delivery?


thats the boat i'm in, and i'd say if you didn't ink the sales deal and just put down a deposit for order (like me) it's a no brainer, you get the incentive..

if you did ink the deal, i'd still say you could get the dealer to go for it..rip up your old contract and ink a new deal including the incentive..

remember, dealers really don't care about having to give you money off for incentives..it's not their money, it's a discount being sent down by corperate headquarters... it doesn't effect dealers margins really..
UNLESS you are working with a REALLY SLIMEY dealer and they try to hide the incentive from you so they can cash in on it.....

SullyRock71 03-04-2013 01:21 PM

The VW Conquest is only for lessee's unfortunately. At first I think it covered if someone owned one but of course now that I can pick mine up it's only for those who lease a competitive vehicle and not own one. Fun timing of course....

legitposter 03-04-2013 02:52 PM

I got the "Fun and Smiles" rebate. After purchasing the wrangler I got back a ton of fun and smiles.

xcoaste 03-04-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SullyRock71 (Post 3454125)
The VW Conquest is only for lessee's unfortunately. At first I think it covered if someone owned one but of course now that I can pick mine up it's only for those who lease a competitive vehicle and not own one. Fun timing of course....

That stinks. I had already got rid of my VW but still had a copy of the title and the registration card. That is all I showed the dealer and they honored it, $1000 off!

SullyRock71 03-04-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcoaste (Post 3454479)

That stinks. I had already got rid of my VW but still had a copy of the title and the registration card. That is all I showed the dealer and they honored it, $1000 off!

When did you do that? I think for owners it was only until Feb 4th but lessees until now. Oh well, that's my timing! Haha

Manyskilz 03-04-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SullyRock71 (Post 3454125)
The VW Conquest is only for lessee's unfortunately. At first I think it covered if someone owned one but of course now that I can pick mine up it's only for those who lease a competitive vehicle and not own one. Fun timing of course....

Quote:

Originally Posted by SullyRock71 (Post 3454789)
When did you do that? I think for owners it was only until Feb 4th but lessees until now. Oh well, that's my timing! Haha


Sully, you're right...the first go-round of VW Conquest was awesome - just show them a registration, and bam! here's a grand off! I immediately ran out and bought/registered a junker VW.
Now, it's only if you're leasing. :banghead:
No grand for me either. I even missed out last fall on a bonus cert that expired in Sept. Deal fell through, cert expired.
Hopefully, tomorrow will bring good news...

EliR 03-04-2013 05:02 PM

The dealership by my house just started offering $3500 off on Sahara's. I wasn't totally paying attention but I thought he mentioned it was from Chrysler.

mike1158 03-04-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliR (Post 3455044)
The dealership by my house just started offering $3500 off on Sahara's. I wasn't totally paying attention but I thought he mentioned it was from Chrysler.

WHAT ! ! ! ! where? any more details ?

SullyRock71 03-04-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manyskilz (Post 3454969)

Sully, you're right...the first go-round of VW Conquest was awesome - just show them a registration, and bam! here's a grand off! I immediately ran out and bought/registered a junker VW.
Now, it's only if you're leasing. :banghead:
No grand for me either. I even missed out last fall on a bonus cert that expired in Sept. Deal fell through, cert expired.
Hopefully, tomorrow will bring good news...

Yea my Pop had bought a Jetta last year so I was stoked for the $1000. Oh well.... I just got my check from PenFed so can pick up tomorrow. Who knows, maybe something will pop up, but unlikely in my favor.... Haha

xcoaste 03-04-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SullyRock71 (Post 3454789)
When did you do that? I think for owners it was only until Feb 4th but lessees until now. Oh well, that's my timing! Haha

I took delivery on 12/29/13. I think it only went until 1/2/13, maybe a tad longer.

legitposter 03-04-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcoaste (Post 3455425)
I took delivery on 12/29/13. I think it only went until 1/2/13, maybe a tad longer.

Let us know how that goes, or went, or whatever.

st1264 03-04-2013 07:53 PM

This most likely will not help most of you guys, but here in the province of Ontario, Canada:

$3250 rebates on all 13' Wranglers
Additional $2500 Bonus cash to eligible Chrysler Employees (my father is a retired employee so I am eligible), plus around 10% off list price (Employee discount).

I'm going to buy one. I'm getting quotes of $9000-$11000 off list price depending on sticker. Interest rates are as low as 3.99%. I'm most likely going to order an optioned Sport S 2dr as I can't find what I want on the lots and I'm required to purchase Nav, Remote Start and Satellite Radio if I order a Sahara or Rubi. Leaning towards "Rugged Brown" or Black.

Hope you guys are getting hefty rebates in your neck of the woods...

Doctorsti 03-04-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st1264 (Post 3456077)
This most likely will not help most of you guys, but here in the province of Ontario, Canada:

$3250 rebates on all 13' Wranglers
Additional $2500 Bonus cash to eligible Chrysler Employees (my father is a retired employee so I am eligible), plus around 10% off list price.

I'm going to buy one. I'm getting quotes of $9000-$11000 off list price depending on sticker. Interest rates are as low as 3.99%. I'm most likely going to order an optioned Sport S 2dr as I can't find what I want on the lots and I'm required to purchase Nav, Remote Start and Satellite Radio if I order a Sahara or Rubi. Leaning towards "Rugged Brown" or Black.

Hope you guys are getting hefty rebates in your neck of the woods...

GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN! if this goes into effect for the USA and I'm eligible for it with my 10A on order I'm going to be ecstatic!

I don't even want to calculate what that would make my selling price so I don't get my hopes up but OH MY this would be clutch timing.

My luck they would say "excludes 10th Anniversary package"

st1264 03-04-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctorsti (Post 3456167)
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN! if this goes into effect for the USA and I'm eligible for it with my 10A on order I'm going to be ecstatic!

I don't even want to calculate what that would make my selling price so I don't get my hopes up but OH MY this would be clutch timing.

My luck they would say "excludes 10th Anniversary package"

I've been in a lot of dealerships the last month or so and in February, they were a ghost town (except for me of course). Feb is a slow sales month, so there must be too much inventory... hence, the big incentives. I really gambled by passing up a $4500 rebate last month only to get $5750 (including bonus cash Employee rebates) in March :surrender:

I passed because I couldn't find the right unit on a lot, so I'm just going to order exactly what I want. Hope these rebates go stateside, but I have no clue how the sales have been there.

ImaPoser 03-04-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highlift (Post 3454099)
Wranglers are usually not included in rebates, according to my salesman the last rebate on a wrangler happened in 2012, when they cleared the last of the 2011's out. It would be nice, but I would bet against it....most dealers around here can't get enough stock as it is....

We've been slowly shopping for a JKUR since the beginning of the year. By mid January, we had it hammered down to the specific color and options we wanted, and using the jeep.com inventory locator found 8 within 300 miles that were 100% matches. I then got distracted with buying her new daily driver first and didn't look in to them at all for nearly four weeks. Finished that up a week and a half ago and just got back to the jeep hunt. Seven of the eight are still sitting on the dealer lots for sale. They might not be moving as fast as jeep is used to. Seeing that many still available surprised me.
Any rebate I can throw on top of the $1000 private cash allowance I have sitting here on my desk just for ordering a brochure last month will be enough to get me to shop sooner rather than later.:popcorn:

Trek7.2FX 03-04-2013 08:50 PM

I hope these rebates happen in the US!

lee indy 03-05-2013 07:05 AM

tread lightly 3 year discount and usaa car buying service are best deals ive seen on new rigs

Doctorsti 03-05-2013 07:20 AM

Jeep USA site says incentive on 2013 Wrangler is that you can lease a Sport for 329/mo for 36 mo with $2500 down.... ummmmm yeah so let me run right out.

If that's it, huge buzz kill.

hoopster3 03-05-2013 07:40 AM

That's nothing new, that offer has been there awhile.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.