Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Did Insurance cover your Roll Over? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/did-insurance-cover-your-roll-over-225091.html)

PieFace 03-04-2013 10:33 AM

Did Insurance cover your Roll Over?

Hey everyone,

Ive got Full Coverage on my Jeep, and Im taking it to Moab this month.

Has anyone rolled their truck offroad? did insurance cover it?

Im afraid to call them and ask.

4Jeepn 03-04-2013 10:39 AM

Depends on your policy. mine states any damage to jeep. But there are also other limits on after market parts.. Some companies only cover upto 1000 of aftermarket parts.If that's the case you can purchase a policy rider for those parts or do a stated value policy.. so look into that for yours.

highwayman 03-04-2013 10:41 AM

I'd be more afraid to make that call, AFTER the fact. Each ins. co. will give you a different answer.

ratchettt 03-04-2013 10:58 AM

Subscribed

PieFace 03-04-2013 11:06 AM

Im on hold right now.

85th in que. wait time -FOREVER!

MTH 03-04-2013 11:10 AM

No matter what answer they give you, make sure you ask them to direct you to the section of your policy that provides the answer.

This is important for a few reasons, the most basic of which is that the adjuster you speak with is going to be inclined to simply answer, "Uhh, no, we don't cover that," when in fact he or she has no idea what the answer is. Making them actually look up the policy will get you a more specific answer.

Also ask them to email that section (or the entire policy) to you, which both creates a paper trail and makes it easier to debate a conclusion with them if you think the policy section they cite or conclusion they draw from it is obviously wrong.

SpoiledRotten 03-04-2013 11:14 AM

Did Insurance cover your Roll Over?

And hopefully, if you do roll it, you'll still be alive enough to collect. :D

PieFace 03-04-2013 11:24 AM

OK,

Heres what I got- My policy covers off road activity as long as it is not a race or competition. sighting "high speed".

I had the guy send me the "policy jacket" after talking to an underwriter explaining that he would mark the section of "exclusions".

He stated thats not listed there, and I should be fine.

I feel better after making him ask an underwriter. and I specificly stated "roll over".

MTH 03-04-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten (Post 3453565)
And hopefully, if you do roll it, you'll still be alive enough to collect. :D

Soft or open top vehicle with the stock roll cage and perhaps with the doors removed, rolling over around large rocks . . . what could go wrong? :rofl:

Sueby 03-04-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH (Post 3453546)
No matter what answer they give you, make sure you ask them to direct you to the section of your policy that provides the answer.

This is important for a few reasons, the most basic of which is that the adjuster you speak with is going to be inclined to simply answer, "Uhh, no, we don't cover that," when in fact he or she has no idea what the answer is. Making them actually look up the policy will get you a more specific answer.

Also ask them to email that section (or the entire policy) to you, which both creates a paper trail and makes it easier to debate a conclusion with them if you think the policy section they cite or conclusion they draw from it is obviously wrong.

Good advice. :thumb:

I've added like 5 grand in mods to my policy - it's really cheap & everyone with mods should consider doing it. My mods only cost me an additional $88 a year.

PieFace 03-04-2013 11:27 AM

I did the same.

If you have any real money invested in your jeep, you really have no choice.

they are such a hot commodity overseas that they are a very good target for theft.

kramer2k 03-04-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby (Post 3453617)

Good advice. :thumb:

I've added like 5 grand in mods to my policy - it's really cheap & everyone with mods should consider doing it. My mods only cost me an additional $88 a year.

Ditto on this. Definitely call or email an itemized list of mods you want covered. I'm up to about $7K in additional coverage and it was really cheap to add that stuff on. I simply emailed them a spreadsheet with everything and their costs. It was probably inline with what Sue stated.

kbwwolf 03-04-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mth (Post 3453611)
soft or open top vehicle with the stock roll cage and perhaps with the doors removed, rolling over around large rocks . . . What could go wrong? :rofl:

Exactly. :D

GeckoJK 03-04-2013 07:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just remember a single vehicle accident such as a roll over is a 100% at fault accident. Best case scenario you lose your accident forgiveness and are stuck with your current insurance company for the next 6-10 years. Worst case scenario, you dont have accident forgiveness and your rate sky rockets. Even worse case you already had a crap driving record and the insurance company drops you like a hot potato.

joe002 03-04-2013 08:29 PM

Have fun in Moab. We were there the end of last summer. We didn't roll it, but it sure felt like it would on a few of the trails! :)