Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Flop on Cleghorn (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/flop-on-cleghorn-225109.html)

suicideking 03-04-2013 11:37 AM

Flop on Cleghorn

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this guy yesterday on the 'notch' section near the beginning. He tried to invent his own line and it didn't work out for him... :facepalm:

paychex.308 03-04-2013 11:39 AM

Nope!

BillG.OTD 03-04-2013 11:40 AM

Did you see them get him back upright?

suicideking 03-04-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 3453688)
Did you see them get him back upright?

He wasn't in our group, but someone from our group used a winch to get him back on two wheels. I have it on video. Not much to see though. Our guy put the winch cable around his frame near the rear and flipped him back up.

87octane 03-04-2013 11:58 AM

LTHW! Learning The Hard Way

2013jeepjk 03-04-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87octane (Post 3453755)
LTHW! Learning The Hard Way

Was his swaybar connected ?? Because that doesn't look like too bad of a spot ..

JoeDoogN 03-04-2013 01:03 PM

Ride the V yo!

jeepers29 03-04-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk (Post 3453900)
Was his swaybar connected ?? Because that doesn't look like too bad of a spot ..

Yeh. seems if he flipped it there, that Jeep is going to have a tough life ahead of it! :whistling:

JoeBot13 03-04-2013 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kind of looks like his swaybar is indeed connected, unless I'm seeing the shock right here. Hope he isn't blaming the Jeep ... If the guy that owns this sees this PM me and I'll show you how to make $5 quick disconnects ... :thumb:

The belly looks awfully clean so I'm guessing a '13 ... Honestly I'm thinking he did it on purpose to get his wife to let him get new fenders ... :whistling:

I H8RDS 03-04-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBot13 (Post 3454152)
Kind of looks like his swaybar is indeed connected, unless I'm seeing the shock right here. Hope he isn't blaming the Jeep ... If the guy that owns this sees this PM me and I'll show you how to make $5 quick disconnects ... :thumb:

The belly looks awfully clean so I'm guessing a '13 ... Honestly I'm thinking he did it on purpose to get his wife to let him get new fenders ... :whistling:

:rofl::rofl:

Lab Lover 03-04-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBot13 (Post 3454152)

Sounds like somebody may have thought of this also :rofl:

suicideking 03-04-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk (Post 3453900)

Connected

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepers29 (Post 3454051)
Yeh. seems if he flipped it there, that Jeep is going to have a tough life ahead of it! :whistling:

I agree.

What he was trying to do: If you look at the 2nd pic: The 'good' line is to the left (the area he flopped into). For some unknown reason, he was taking the 'bad' line to the right and trying to go around that section. So when his bad line ended, he was trying to turn left to get back onto the good line. Got sideways and THUNK...

At one point while I was shamelessly taking pictures, he commented: 'Why do I feel like this is going to be on the Internet'.... :rofl:

Moabrubi 03-04-2013 02:28 PM

Is that spot right where the big rock is? Dont know how else to describe it.

If its the offshoot im thinking of its pretty gnarly and its really long.

suicideking 03-04-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabrubi (Post 3454383)
Is that spot right where the big rock is? Dont know how else to describe it.

If its the offshoot im thinking of its pretty gnarly and its really long.

Not really any big rocks in that section.

It's somewhat near the beginning. The start of the section is pretty rough, lots of rocks. It's right before 'poser rock'.

JoeBot13 03-04-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lab Lover (Post 3454371)
Sounds like somebody may have thought of this also :rofl:

lmao ... I'd never flop on purpose ... but I'll admit I do use damage as an excuse to modify ...

RadarRob2012 03-04-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBot13 (Post 3454521)

lmao ... I'd never flop on purpose ... but I'll admit I do use damage as an excuse to modify ...

I agree. I'd never lay it down on purpose. But it is the best excuse for modifying. I know that from experience. Lol

Moabrubi 03-04-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 3454462)
Not really any big rocks in that section.

It's somewhat near the beginning. The start of the section is pretty rough, lots of rocks. It's right before 'poser rock'.

I think I know the spot. Yup that spots pretty rough for stock Jeeps with no flex.

JoeBot13 03-04-2013 05:17 PM

Probably panicked when his back wheels lifted off the ground ... Could have prevented it by disconnecting the swaybar most likely ... Stockers have more flex than given credit

JPi4.0 03-04-2013 07:38 PM

I did the same damn thing on pilot rock. Learning the hard way.

iwaxmyjimmy 03-04-2013 07:49 PM

Well, He was testing out his new Rock Krawler suspension and shiney bilstein shocks. He started blaming it on his tires not being air'd down and I walked away at that point to keep from making to many sarcastic comments. One of his buddies couldn't keep a straight face and was laughing the whole time. He was claiming he knew better and he had all kinds of experience. I'm just glad we were able to play thru and get away from that crowd.

yeeper5150 03-04-2013 07:53 PM

I had a close call out at cleghorn when I was in stock form but the front was disconnected totally different spot though I believe folks call it pucker hill/ notch or something of the sorts! I had to learn the hard way as well

iwaxmyjimmy 03-04-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeper5150 (Post 3456085)
I had a close call out at cleghorn when I was in stock form but the front was disconnected totally different spot though I believe folks call it pucker hill/ notch or something of the sorts! I had to learn the hard way as well

Yeah I'm pretty ballsy but pucker hill ain't for me. Plus wheel speed with rocks just is begging to tear stuff up.

JoeBot13 03-04-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy (Post 3456039)
Well, He was testing out his new Rock Krawler suspension and shiney bilstein shocks. He started blaming it on his tires not being air'd down and I walked away at that point to keep from making to many sarcastic comments. One of his buddies couldn't keep a straight face and was laughing the whole time. He was claiming he knew better and he had all kinds of experience. I'm just glad we were able to play thru and get away from that crowd.

Well now he has even more ... And he probably has some experience with the ASD relay for the fuel pump now too

I try to avoid things with the word pucker in the name ... it's usually call that for a reason lol

iwaxmyjimmy 03-04-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBot13 (Post 3456306)

Well now he has even more ... And he probably has some experience with the ASD relay for the fuel pump now too

Yeah yeah don't want that kinda experience lol

damndirtydog 03-04-2013 08:31 PM

:rofl:Thank you suicideking for that. I was having a bad night at work and now I can't stop laughing.
Poor little jeep, his little 31" tires flailing in the air and it looks like he put his drivers side fender out to try to stop his fall.:rofl::rofl:
I'm glad only the drivers pride was hurt.

Gunner 03-04-2013 08:56 PM

I hate to see anyone flop. Cause I know without a doubt my picture will be up there some day.:rofl:

Lab Lover 03-04-2013 09:22 PM

I have no desire to learn the hard way, it looks a little to costly to me. Plus I can imagine the "women driver" comments, lol. I do worry my husband may not be as cautious, simply due to his track record of vehicles and destruction :nonono:

Luckily this is my Jeep and I think he has that little fear of me suffocating him in his sleep if he harms it :whistling:
(just kidding about the suffocating thing, Mike is in no danger of me harming him :angel:)

RKracing 03-04-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner (Post 3456608)
I hate to see anyone flop. Cause I know without a doubt my picture will be up there some day.:rofl:

^^^^ What he said.....

WhiteDynamite 03-04-2013 09:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Been there, Done that :D

87octane 03-04-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 3454373)
Connected

I agree.

What he was trying to do: If you look at the 2nd pic: The 'good' line is to the left (the area he flopped into). For some unknown reason, he was taking the 'bad' line to the right and trying to go around that section. So when his bad line ended, he was trying to turn left to get back onto the good line. Got sideways and THUNK...

At one point while I was shamelessly taking pictures, he commented: 'Why do I feel like this is going to be on the Internet'.... :rofl:

That was nice of you to blur out his face