Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   problems with 2013 wranglers????? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/problems-with-2013-wranglers-225558.html)

vistaballa21 03-05-2013 11:34 PM

problems with 2013 wranglers?????
 
Hi I was wondering if anyone has had engine issues with 2013 wrangler sports.
I have a 2013 and it was making a.squeaking sound I.took it.the dealer ship and they said.it might.be the alternator?? Anyone have any issues this jeep only has 2,777 miles on it. Any.tips hope this.jeep.is not a bad egg??

whiteyjfm 03-05-2013 11:42 PM

I am sure they will take care of it.

Blastek 03-06-2013 12:42 AM

there is a known issue with the waterpump. makes a chirping noise

vistaballa21 03-06-2013 01:17 PM

I got a call the problem was a bad alternator. they are gong to replace it today. Do those go bad in jeeps a lot?????

vistaballa21 03-10-2013 12:23 AM

Got the.jeep back they replaced the alternator and the serpentine belt . One day later it was making the same.noise I'm pissed. Brand new any thoughts.its going back Monday morning

roadrunner58 03-10-2013 08:39 AM

Read post 3 in this thread.

vistaballa21 03-10-2013 04:14 PM

I'm sure hoping they can fix this I'm just visiting here where.I.bought the jeep and when.I go.home I'm hundreds of miles.from a dealership. This is my first jeep I hope its not going to.be a.lemon. its.just that we only have 3,000 miles on it. That's.nothing Compared to how many more trails.and things.I.need.it.to.do. especialy for the 30 grand I spent. Any.tips would.help.

Mrgoodbar 03-10-2013 04:28 PM

Is it a manual or automatic. I have a manual and it make a squeaking noise but when I push the clutch it goes away and the dealership said it was a pin wheel or flywheel not sure which one. I never had it fixed I don't even notice it anymore.

vistaballa21 03-10-2013 04:43 PM

I have a automatic. They replaced the alternator and belt and a day later.it.was making the same noise. I'm thinking water pump.but the noise seems to.happen.even.when idling?? I love this jeep.but I.cant have it.not.working I.don't even.have mechanic with.in 50 miles of.where I live. And dealership.is 120 miles one.way. using techron and keeping.engine clean. I.don't know.what's up.

Blastek 03-10-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistaballa21 (Post 3485397)
I have a automatic. They replaced the alternator and belt and a day later.it.was making the same noise. I'm thinking water pump.but the noise seems to.happen.even.when idling?? I love this jeep.but I.cant have it.not.working I.don't even.have mechanic with.in 50 miles of.where I live. And dealership.is 120 miles one.way. using techron and keeping.engine clean. I.don't know.what's up.

Check out this thread and watch the videos. If your sound is similar, call up the dealer and tell them you are pretty certain you have a bad waterpump. Show them the thread if you want. Have them check the part # and see if it's still on backorder before driving out there.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/chi...gs-192439.html

Good luck and post in that thread if you have any further trouble/questions.

vistaballa21 03-10-2013 05:42 PM

Thanks a lot for all your info

Gundad68 03-10-2013 05:50 PM

Mine has less than a 100 miles on it an tomorrow will be my 4th visit to the dealer for a check engine light.Knock sensor code.No noises though.

vistaballa21 03-11-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastek (Post 3485538)
Check out this thread and watch the videos. If your sound is similar, call up the dealer and tell them you are pretty certain you have a bad waterpump. Show them the thread if you want. Have them check the part # and see if it's still on backorder before driving out there.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/chi...gs-192439.html

Good luck and post in that thread if you have any further trouble/questions.

thank you for the link to the other post it helped.It has to be the water pump it makes the exact sound that is in the video. im going to take it in tomorrow and tell them to replace it.:thumb:

vistaballa21 03-12-2013 07:32 PM

Star bulletin out from Chrysler saying not to replace water pump the noise will go away so the dealer did not replace? Any thoughs??? They said water pump was good it was a rubber piece that once.its warn in it will nit make noise??

2013JKBulldog 06-25-2013 07:10 AM

Video tape the technician saying it isn't a problem that way you can post it and use it as a good complaint against Chrysler. The dealership will sing a different tune once you video them

jeepers29 06-25-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013JKBulldog (Post 3897002)
Video tape the technician saying it isn't a problem that way you can post it and use it as a good complaint against Chrysler. The dealership will sing a different tune once you video them

X2 I would get that in writing if nothing else, just so they can't screw ya later.

Tweak 06-25-2013 12:32 PM

any dealership that doesnt know about the squeaking waterpump issue should be shut down.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.