Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Big Bear Forest Fest 2013 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/big-bear-forest-fest-2013-a-226026.html)

BillG.OTD 03-07-2013 06:43 PM

Big Bear Forest Fest 2013
 
So whos going this year and what trail are you running? :popcorn: Last year was my first time and had a great time...Met up with Stan & Crew and saw Rick as well....

I registered too late to get on Holcomb last year, but ran Dishpan...The crew from IE4W puts on a very good event and the food was top notch. There is aslo a big vendor raffle on Saturday night..

If the rumors are true, I think this year we all might know one of the vendors...:whistling:

Anyway, its on Fathers Day weekend and I plan on going and hope to run a trail with some of you.....It just opened today and all the Big Bear trails are in play... Home

Gunner 03-07-2013 07:01 PM

Guess I'll have to see what I'm doing that weekend.

87octane 03-07-2013 08:08 PM

Hi Bill, I would be interested in this. Were the vendors set up at Snow Valley last year? I think I may have accidently stumbled accross it last year. My Jeep will be a little more prepaired this year so I am down for challenging trail.

BillG.OTD 03-07-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87octane (Post 3474064)
Hi Bill, I would be interested in this. Were the vendors set up at Snow Valley last year? I think I may have accidently stumbled accross it last year. My Jeep will be a little more prepaired this year so I am down for challenging trail.

Yeah Mark, after you come in and get all your info they are right there by the buildings. The parking lot is just open parking and RVs. We stayed at a motel last year because we didn't have the MH yet. I'm trying to see if we can get a group together on a trail, the most poplar trails have 2 runs on them...hope you can make it!

WOKNROX 03-07-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 3474301)
Yeah Mark, after you come in and get all your info they are right there by the buildings. The parking lot is just open parking and RVs. We stayed at a motel last year because we didn't have the MH yet. I'm trying to see if we can get a group together on a trail, the most poplar trails have 2 runs on them...hope you can make it!

Hey Bill..what trail/s r u thinking of running?

BillG.OTD 03-07-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3474720)

Hey Bill..what trail/s r u thinking of running?

That's a tough one Steve, there are so many good ones. It's fun to hang out with friends since its a 20 jeep per trail run. I am think John Bull, Holcomb Creek or Dishpan. You wheel up there much?

DjA 03-07-2013 10:43 PM

Looks like fun - but how many Jeeps do they cap it at per run? Seems pretty chaotic if it isn't well organized.

suicideking 03-07-2013 11:36 PM

I got an email from them today. It was a lot of fun last year.

If it wasn't going to be so crowded that day, I might say John Bull. Think I'd rather do something else and save JB for a smaller group.

I'd probably lean toward Holcomb or Dishpan if I end up going.

I did Devil's Hole last year. It was WAY too easy. Very short and mostly fire road.

I was disappointed with the actual trail. However, the trail guides saved the day. We were done pretty early and ended up right near Dishpan. They offered take us on Dishpan and we went from a group of 27 on devil's hole to 8 on Dishpan. Dishpan was a lot of fun.

The raffle is legendary. Also had a lot of vendor action going on.

suicideking 03-07-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjA (Post 3475092)
Looks like fun - but how many Jeeps do they cap it at per run? Seems pretty chaotic if it isn't well organized.

It is very well organized. Many of the runs cap at 25 Jeeps. They have a leader, mid, and tail. So 28 Jeeps which is a huge number to keep moving.

highwayman 03-07-2013 11:52 PM

We'll be there again. Good times. Most likely JB.

WOKNROX 03-08-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 3474905)
That's a tough one Steve, there are so many good ones. It's fun to hang out with friends since its a 20 jeep per trail run. I am think John Bull, Holcomb Creek or Dishpan. You wheel up there much?

I'm born & raised in the SB Mtns ...I've been lucky enough to have wheeled them all back in the early days with my dad in the families famous International Scout II and have been wheelin BB with my boys ever sence...
I like the 3 u mentioned ...

BillG.OTD 03-08-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3476154)
I'm born & raised in the SB Mtns ...I've been lucky enough to have wheeled them all back in the early days with my dad in the families famous International Scout II and have been wheelin BB with my boys ever sence...
I like the 3 u mentioned ...

I grew up there as well, but was only into 3 wheelers and dirt bikes...I really like Big Bear, just not with the snow, had enough of that living there.

You going to make it up for this? The parking lot provides RV space, but no hook ups. It does get crowded on the trail but I can handle that a few times a year since its a cool event. We did have a big traffic jam on Dishpan because they run it down and back up and the first group was coming back up as the second group was coming down..:facepalm: The waterfall area looked like the 405 on a friday...:)

DTM 03-08-2013 11:15 AM

I have already signed up. I will be bringing the RV Friday, but will only be doing a Saturday run. Here are my trail selections:

1st: Holcomb Creek
2nd: John Bull
3rd: Dishpan Sprngs
4th: White Mtn
5th: Onyx Summit

I have heard nothing but good things about this event. It should be a blast...:dance:

WOKNROX 03-08-2013 11:26 AM

Yeah ...we've got it on the calendar ...I know it'll be crowed but I like to meet new folks that r into 4wheelin...I'm sure we'll be campin at Snow Valley ..just need to deside on the runs..

BillG.OTD 03-08-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3477170)
Yeah ...we've got it on the calendar ...I know it'll be crowed but I like to meet new folks that r into 4wheelin...I'm sure we'll be campin at Snow Valley ..just need to deside on the runs..

Cool! Its a good time, im signed up as well and my trail selection was the same as Dan's...what are the Odds :rolleyes:
Holcomb is great, but there all good!

Heading up friday afternoon! :thumb:

JeepHerz 03-08-2013 11:55 AM

Figures. I have to decide between mud or mud. I have a mud run that Saturday. If anyone is doing a trail on Sunday please post up.

yeeper5150 03-08-2013 01:01 PM

I've heard this is a blast. Bill do you have to sign up for this and pick your trail?😁

DjA 03-08-2013 01:01 PM

I'm now signed up for a Saturday only run. We'll probably head up Friday night - not sure if I'll be camping or staying at the cabin, but either way, should be fun. Holcomb is my top choice too - hopefully signing up early gets me in. I should probably find a time to run it once in preparation though...who wants to show me the ropes? :whistling:

BillG.OTD 03-08-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeper5150 (Post 3477547)
I've heard this is a blast. Bill do you have to sign up for this and pick your trail?��

Yeah you do, the first post I made had a link (it was kind of small) that will take you to IE4W sign up for the event. I think the fee is about $70 which includes a space for the night, dinner for 1, a raffler ticket and you can run all 3 days if you want to.

You can add on an additional meal, t shirts more raffle tickets if you want to. I am only running Holcomb on Saturday, but im sure others may do the night run on Friday or stay for a run on Sunday! Hope you can make it! :)

DTM 03-08-2013 01:18 PM

Let's do it Dave when the snow melts!

BillG.OTD 03-08-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjA (Post 3477549)
I'm now signed up for a Saturday only run. We'll probably head up Friday night - not sure if I'll be camping or staying at the cabin, but either way, should be fun. Holcomb is my top choice too - hopefully signing up early gets me in. I should probably find a time to run it once in preparation though...who wants to show me the ropes? :whistling:

Its going to fill up pretty fast, but there are 2 Holcomb runs. I think Stan and a few others are planning on Holcom as well...

I am missing Big Bear about now and would be glad to run it before then with you if you can wait for the snow to be gone....

DjA 03-08-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTM (Post 3477617)
Let's do it Dave when the snow melts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 3477631)
Its going to fill up pretty fast, but there are 2 Holcomb runs. I think Stan and a few others are planning on Holcom as well...

I am missing Big Bear about now and would be glad to run it before then with you if you can wait for the snow to be gone....


Definitely!

WOKNROX 03-08-2013 01:37 PM

Hey u guys ....u can count me in for a pre-run after the snow melts...some....if I may suggest a route.....I like to run Holcomb creek east to west and loop around on lower largo putting u back out on Holcomb creek ...finish Holcomb creek then its a straight shot east to John Bull and then run on over to Gold mtn and on down to BB....makes for an awesome day of wheelin with a smaller group.......
Or maybe after JB I can show u guys a nasty little trail my dad first showed me back in the 70s....O!

suicideking 03-08-2013 01:37 PM

I think Holcomb is a good choice. Fun, yet not hard enough to be a problem with 25+ Jeeps (well hopefully anyway).

I might sign up this weekend too.

suicideking 03-08-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3477695)
Hey u guys ....u can count me in for a pre-run after the snow melts...some....if I may suggest a route.....I like to run Holcomb creek east to west and loop around on lower largo putting u back out on Holcomb creek ...finish Holcomb creek then its a straight shot east to John Bull and then run on over to Gold mtn and on down to BB....makes for an awesome day of wheelin with a smaller group.......
Or maybe after JB I can show u guys a nasty little trail my dad first showed me back in the 70s....O!

I'm in! Sounds like a good run.

How many minutes until all the snow melts....

:popcorn:

JeepHerz 03-08-2013 02:37 PM

I'd be in for Holcomb a different weekend too. Skipping JB however. I'll be the camera person.

sjchoueiry 03-08-2013 05:25 PM

Count me in for the Pre-run.
I love to wheel with you guys.
Can we start the countdown :)

Its too early to tell with my schedule for he BB Fest. I would love to go and meet a whole bunch of 4wheelers.

Joe

E-man 03-08-2013 05:58 PM

I was there last year and had a great time. Planning on going again this year on Sunday only. Probably will sign up for Holcomb as well.

Dougzin 03-08-2013 06:56 PM

Would love to do the pre run. Will most likely sign up for Holcomb also on forest fest weekend. Will see if any other plans.

JoeBot13 03-08-2013 08:48 PM

Hopefully I can make it out this year. Maybe I'll play the father's day card ...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.