Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off Road and External Lighting (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f132/)
-   -   MBRP windshield light bracket bolts rusting after only a week!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f132/mbrp-windshield-light-bracket-bolts-rusting-after-only-a-week-226828.html)

justin-branam 03-11-2013 12:03 PM

MBRP windshield light bracket bolts rusting after only a week!!!

1 Attachment(s)
My email to MBRP:

"I recently purchased a set of windshield light mounting brackets for my 2005 Wrangler TJ. I installed them, and they work great, but noticed the bolt heads have rust on them after only a week. I went back and looked at the picture on your website and it appears to show stainless bolts, however mine came with black colored bolts. Is there a way I can get a set of these stainless bolts to avoid the rusting issue? Thank you."

Gotta love their reply:

"that part comes with the black bolts - the website picture is a special one off, have a great day"

Seems to me that if it is a "special one off", maybe you shouldn't put that picture on your website so people expect to get those parts! I don't expect a lot these days, but what kind of customer service is that? So, buyer beware. Anyways, now that I am finished ranting, does anyone know the thread size and pitch for the windshield bolts so I can go get a set of stainless ones? Thanks.

Flynn 03-12-2013 09:30 PM

I don't what they are but I would yank one out, in the Home Depot parking lot. They have a setup in the hardware dept that you could screw the bolt into to find out what it is and possibly get some replacements there. They do carry some stainless stuff.

Good luck.

justin-branam 03-12-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 3495904)
I don't what they are but I would yank one out, in the Home Depot parking lot. They have a setup in the hardware dept that you could screw the bolt into to find out what it is and possibly get some replacements there. They do carry some stainless stuff.

Good luck.

Yeah, I found some stainless bolts today at ACE Hardware. They are 5/16" by something. Didn't pay attention, just matched the threads up. Still irritates me that I had to go get new hardware though :nonono:

truthiness 04-02-2013 08:30 PM

"Made in China"

Area 51 04-10-2013 05:18 PM

Not that it would be tough to paint the bolts before installing them,but the Great responce that you got from MBRP has just made my decision easier as to what brand of bracket NOT TO BUY!!!!!Thanks for the info!

TXST8tj 04-10-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin-branam (Post 3496484)
Yeah, I found some stainless bolts today at ACE Hardware. They are 5/16" by something. Didn't pay attention, just matched the threads up. Still irritates me that I had to go get new hardware though :nonono:

I'm sure they worked, but those are not standard/inch thread. Everything on the jeep is metric.
Either way, gotta love ACE. The best place for hardware....period.