Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Direction for my build (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/direction-for-my-build-226902.html)

traitor08 03-11-2013 06:41 PM

Direction for my build

I have a direction for my build now. I am going to break it down here. Tell me what I am missing or forgetting.

LIFT
Rock Krawler Max travel 2.5" lift
Fox Racing piggy backs front and rear.

TIRES
35/12.50/17 BFG Km2's

WHEELS
MOTO Metal MO951 Chrome ( I hate black rims so don't try)

FRONT BUMPER
Haven't decided yet( need to find one that fits winch)

WINCH
Warn Zeon 10K

RoCK SLIDERS
Schrock Works

REAR BUMPER
AEV rear bumper and tire carrier

cornfedksboy 03-11-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traitor08 (Post 3490129)
I have a direction for my build now. I am going to break it down here. Tell me what I am missing or forgetting.

LIFT
Rock Krawler Max travel 2.5" lift
Fox Racing piggy backs front and rear.

TIRES
35/12.50/17 BFG Km2's

WHEELS
MOTO Metal MO951 Chrome ( I hate black rims so don't try)

FRONT BUMPER
Haven't decided yet( need to find one that fits winch)

WINCH
Warn Zeon 10K

RoCK SLIDERS
Schrock Works

REAR BUMPER
AEV rear bumper and tire carrier

What you are missing (or isn't obvious in this post) is direction; what you are trying to accomplish. Are you going for an aesthetic mall crawler or serious rock crawler?

traitor08 03-11-2013 07:12 PM

I live in the country. No malls within about 1 1/2 hrs or so. Closest one is Mid Rivers Mall and there is a jeep club there. I drive the back roads to work, which are about 1/2 gravel. Go offroading at any oppurtunity I can. Which where I live are dried creek beds, woods, good hills, pretty much anything but rock crawling.

My friends own samurais, bronco II's, and some have dedicated offroading rigs. We all have atvs, and just like getting in the woods. I am close tk Hannibal Rocks and Potawatomi. I may try my hand at some rock crawling, but nothing really hard core.

I have bottomed it out already so that is why I am looking at lift, and sliders (probably need some skids). Stock tires are junk , 3 flats in 3500 miles. Live in highly populated deer country so would like more front protection.

That should give a little better back ground on me.

vankemp 03-11-2013 09:38 PM

I like that wheel choice, but you have be careful around here when you mention chrome. From what I have been reading, the choice of wheel is black by about 50 to 1.

Myself? I think the black has certainly been played out. There are a handful that I would choose, but most look like an old steel wheel out of Grandpa's garage smothered in rustoleum black.

cornfedksboy 03-11-2013 10:10 PM

Have you considered an AEV front bumper and skid plate with Warn 9500cti? It does the job and looks the part.

I think you have everything I would consider essential. Might need a regear with the 35s.

traitor08 03-12-2013 05:05 PM

I am pretty set on the zeon. And I hear you on the black rims, I think they lokk like the steel wheel growing up on the farm. Nothing I would want to see on my vehicle.

traitor08 03-13-2013 05:20 PM

So I guess on the first jeep I will ever be modifying I have came up with a perfect setup that no one can improve on.

I find that very hard to believe.

I am going to start ordering parts if nobody has any other suggestions.

MTH 03-13-2013 05:33 PM

I've heard shrockworks can take crazy long to get items out, so you might want to investigate that.

I don't think that it's that there's no room for improvement, it's just that you've described a fine start to a build. I mean you should probably look into a CB, pulling the carpets, some skids, etc., but what you've got sounds like a good start to me.