Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2013 Trek Armor (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2013-trek-armor-227419.html)

zane8000 03-13-2013 04:56 PM

2013 Trek Armor
 
does anyone have any pictures of how you did the headrest holes on your trekarmor seat covers for your 2013. i seen on here somewhere where someone said they just cut a small x for the headrest pole to slide down in there but i want to try to give it that clean look like the 2012 and prior's where they tucked under the square thing the headrest plugs into. if someone has accomplished this please let me know. i have an idea of how i would do it i just dont want to mess up my new seat covers. there is a good bit of snow in germany now so hopefully i get a response before it clears up and i start cutting away.

kEat 03-13-2013 04:59 PM

I saw someone mention that they marked off the location of the holes, and used a wood burner/soldering iron to melt a hold through. Prevents frayed edges immediately and makes a nice clean hole apparently. I haven't done it myself, this is just hearsay, but just a thought.

Dunkin_D 03-13-2013 05:03 PM

I dont have any pictures with me now but i just used a razor blade and cut small holes. Then just put the headrets through them. Worked fine for me and havent had any problems

Moabite 03-13-2013 09:17 PM

It's not that hard to tuck the covers under the plastic trim piece, which you need to do if you ever want to access the buttons and adjust the headrests. I used a sharp boxcutter to cut an x over the hole and partially out onto the plastic trim. It's easy to feel the hole through the fabric so you know where to center your x. Then as I tucked the TrekArmor cover under the plastic, I carefully and slowly enlarged the x until I was able to tuck the cover completely under the plastic. Looks great...no frayed edges and none of the cuts can be seen. You need to drive around with the covers on and headrests off for a few days before you attempt to make the cuts so that everything settles into place.

GSDgirl 03-14-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabite (Post 3500507)
It's not that hard to tuck the covers under the plastic trim piece, which you need to do if you ever want to access the buttons and adjust the headrests. I used a sharp boxcutter to cut an x over the hole and partially out onto the plastic trim. It's easy to feel the hole through the fabric so you know where to center your x. Then as I tucked the TrekArmor cover under the plastic, I carefully and slowly enlarged the x until I was able to tuck the cover completely under the plastic. Looks great...no frayed edges and none of the cuts can be seen. You need to drive around with the covers on and headrests off for a few days before you attempt to make the cuts so that everything settles into place.

+1
I did the same thing and they look great. Looks like factory install. Love my seat covers!

mtnbiker 03-18-2013 04:37 PM

I finally ordered me a set of these,well the front set anyways. :dance:

Trek Armor 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler JK Seat Covers Front Pair

dieselgiant 03-18-2013 06:16 PM

Anyone in Atlanta with Treck Arnor seat covers
 
Is there anybody in the Atlanta area that would be willing for me to check out their Trek Armor seat covers that have been installed? I wanted to see how they look in person before ordering a set.

I live on the North East side of the city.:popcorn:

GSDgirl 03-18-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselgiant (Post 3520430)
Is there anybody in the Atlanta area that would be willing for me to check out their Trek Armor seat covers that have been installed? I wanted to see how they look in person before ordering a set.

I live on the North East side of the city.:popcorn:

In gwinnett... But I only have the front set

dieselgiant 03-18-2013 09:45 PM

Sweet I am in Lawrenceville! Yea fronts are fine I just wanna see how they look in person.

What is your normal schedule during the week/weekend?

I work 3-midnight and off weekends.:punk:

zane8000 03-19-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselgiant (Post 3520430)
Is there anybody in the Atlanta area that would be willing for me to check out their Trek Armor seat covers that have been installed? I wanted to see how they look in person before ordering a set.

I live on the North East side of the city.:popcorn:

fellow GA folk in here. i'm shipping my jeep back to marietta in about 20 days or so i'm out in Germany now. where do ya'll normally go wheeling at? i'm putting a lift and tires on when i get the jeep home and want to test it out. we have a makeshift off road park down the road from where i live now

pepatrick 03-22-2013 09:50 PM

From North Atlanta...Just got my Trek Armor seat covers today...I will attempt to install tomorrow.

zane8000 03-23-2013 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i just got mine installed today it started raining on me wednesday when i tried the first time. but here is he finished product minus the front headrests. i'm going to wait and see if they shift any while i run them for about week. its not the best shot but you get the gist of it

odd42 03-23-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane8000
i just got mine installed today it started raining on me wednesday when i tried the first time. but here is he finished product minus the front headrests. i'm going to wait and see if they shift any while i run them for about week. its not the best shot but you get the gist of it

Looks great!

dieselgiant 03-23-2013 03:51 PM

Are those wrinkles or just the way its made?

zane8000 03-23-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselgiant (Post 3543070)
Are those wrinkles or just the way its made?

they are wrinkles. from all the reviews i've read they go away after about a month they are folded and packed real tight in shipment. a lot of them have already gotten smaller just from install and riding on them for a day

DaK 03-24-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabite (Post 3500507)
It's not that hard to tuck the covers under the plastic trim piece, which you need to do if you ever want to access the buttons and adjust the headrests. I used a sharp boxcutter to cut an x over the hole and partially out onto the plastic trim. It's easy to feel the hole through the fabric so you know where to center your x. Then as I tucked the TrekArmor cover under the plastic, I carefully and slowly enlarged the x until I was able to tuck the cover completely under the plastic. Looks great...no frayed edges and none of the cuts can be seen. You need to drive around with the covers on and headrests off for a few days before you attempt to make the cuts so that everything settles into place.


Samething, looks great.

Problem with buring is the controlling of the burn.

DaK 03-24-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselgiant (Post 3543070)
Are those wrinkles or just the way its made?


Wrinkles. Ours went away real quick out here in the SOCAL desert heat.

JKatfish 03-24-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSDgirl (Post 3501603)
+1
I did the same thing and they look great. Looks like factory install. Love my seat covers!

+2
You don't need to melt the cut since they will not unravel because of some mil spec material they use...forget what they call it.

4sight 03-24-2013 10:44 AM

Just ordered my covers from Mitch. Can't wait to get 'em.

brighton 03-24-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaK (Post 3545296)

Wrinkles. Ours went away real quick out here in the SOCAL desert heat.

I've had my seat covers about 3 months. Just about all the wrinkles are gone now.

pepatrick 03-24-2013 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Opened up the head rest holes and slid around the plastic. This was real easy. I cut a + patter where I centered the hole for the headrest post. Each cut from center was about 3/4" to 1". I slid the fabric around the plastic headrest holders and tucked it under. You simply work the fabric around the plastic until you get about half of tucked under. The rest of it just slides ride over the plastic and you tuck it in. Took me all of about 5 minutes or less to do.

legitposter 03-24-2013 02:46 PM

Bottles of leather protectant, over time, will probably reach $500+. Maybe I should get me some nice trekarmor covers. :dance:

pepatrick 03-24-2013 04:46 PM

Not about protecting the leather (of course mines not leather anyway). On a hot day...top off the black seats are going to be pretty tough to sit on regardless of leather or not. These should keep the temps down a good bit. They are also water resistant and much of my time will be at the lake this summer.

dieselgiant 04-02-2013 01:02 PM

I have my TA ordered and should have them in about 3 weeks. Anyone on the Northside of Atlanta that has installed these want to give me a hand when they come in? I am buying lunch as a thank you!

Help a brother out. Just PM if you can.

pepatrick 04-02-2013 10:01 PM

Love my Trek Armors but lord please don't make me have to install them again. Got my replacement drivers side seat today and forgot how much of a pain it was to install. Apparently there are 2 different types of levers to adjust the height. I got the wrong on...so Mitch promptly sent the right one. As usual...great customer service.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.