Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Montana Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f59/)
-   -   Relocating to Montana (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f59/relocating-to-montana-227422.html)

chrisfp88 03-13-2013 04:58 PM

Relocating to Montana

So if these stupid gun bans pass here in Colorado, I am thinking about relocating to another state. I love Colorado, but firearms freedoms are a big part of my life. So anyways the states I'm looking at are Alaska, Montana, and Utah. Wherever I go, I need Mountains, wheeling, and most of all freedom. Of course I will also need to find work in one these states. So let's hear some input. :thumb:

Brasco20 03-16-2013 01:57 AM

I live in southwest MT in Butte. I left MT for AZ when i graduated high school, and it only took me 6 months to figure i made a huge mistake. I love MT and will never leave again. Only downside is the long winters, but that keeps all the people out:)

duffer 03-18-2013 12:45 PM

What sort of job are you in the market for? If you move here, that may determine where you end up. Bozeman actually has a pretty healthy high tech manufacturing community at the present and the sporting goods sector is also well represented. Blackhawk, Simms, and Mystery Ranch all have sizable operations here.
Mystery Ranch Backpacks | Backpacks designed by Dana Gleason | Bozeman, Montana
Home BLACKHAWK!
Home page

And guns-what guns?
This place is just the best!
Shedhorn Sports | Outfitter for the Discriminating Sportsman | Montana FFL Firearms Dealer | Montana Sporting Goods Retailer

MTJeepTJ 03-22-2013 05:39 PM

Montana is horrible. Dont move here. We dont need anymore JK's here anyway. :dance: :surrender:

chrisfp88 03-22-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTJeepTJ (Post 3539604)
Montana is horrible. Dont move here. We dont need anymore JK's here anyway. :dance: :surrender:

:(

Crazyndn 03-25-2013 09:18 PM

HAHA, JK JK... I haven't driven a JK, but I think I'd still rather have my TJ over it. Montana is awesome though, don't pay mind to TJ. HOWEVER... I've lived in AK as well and between the two, if I had a choice, I'd move to AK in a heartbeat. It's like MTx10.

Raif 03-26-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfp88 (Post 3540312)
:(

Don't listen to him! :D

jwcom93 04-09-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyndn (Post 3552463)
HAHA, JK JK... I haven't driven a JK, but I think I'd still rather have my TJ over it. Montana is awesome though, don't pay mind to TJ. HOWEVER... I've lived in AK as well and between the two, if I had a choice, I'd move to AK in a heartbeat. It's like MTx10.

I used to live in AK and I miss it too...

duffer 04-15-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwcom93 (Post 3615517)
I used to live in AK and I miss it too...

Been there, enjoyed the scenery, but----- on Dec 21, the night is plenty long enough here.

GaryS51 04-24-2013 10:29 PM

Welcome

Bring your Jeep and Bring your guns there is room for one more. Billings is good to look for work as is Bozeman, Havre and there are tons of jobs on the East side in the oil patch.

jeepwayoflife 06-06-2014 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryS51 (Post 3679687)
Bring your Jeep and Bring your guns there is room for one more.

Sounds like a great place :thumb: I'm moving to Bozeman in the fall

Lainydoll 06-07-2014 11:57 PM

As long as ya wave back, you're welcome here!!

TJ All the Way 08-05-2014 11:00 PM

Moving to Bozeman tomorrow! My name is Ryan, Looking for Jeep friends to go wheeling and trailing on the weekends. Would love to hear back from some people. Email me! [email]rcmorgan2011@gmail.com

duffer 08-07-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ All the Way (Post 12468833)
Moving to Bozeman tomorrow! My name is Ryan, Looking for Jeep friends to go wheeling and trailing on the weekends. Would love to hear back from some people. Email me! [email]rcmorgan2011@gmail.com

MSU?

If you want to try a couple trails that have little pucker factor and great scenery, I suggest South Meadow Lake (from Mcallister) and Sailor Lake (from Cardwell) trails in the Tobacco Roots. You can drive straight to S. Meadow Lake but Sailor has a short hike attached. Should be able to just google them.

I'm not sure when I'll get my trail Jeep (the 3B) back together after destroying the front axle. Supposed to receive a R&P 44 housing tomorrow to start assembling another.