Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Communications and Electronics (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/)
-   -   UConnect/SMS - Disabled but still getting notifications (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/uconnect-sms-disabled-but-still-getting-notifications-227428.html)

JBeardNC 03-13-2013 06:25 PM

UConnect/SMS - Disabled but still getting notifications

I did a bunch of Googling and found some mentions of this but no fix. Hopefully there is one.

I love my new JKU Sahara. I love everything about it. The uConnect (430) works great other that this one annoyance. Having my radio get interrupted every time I get a text message got old real quick. I found a forum post that mentioned where you can turn this off by hitting the button and saying "setup sms incoming notification". So I did that and turned it off (told her "yes" and confirmed it) and she then told me its off. That worked for a couple of days and then all the sudden, I started getting notified again. So I went through the steps again and according to her (uConnect), notifications are still turned off. However, I'm still getting text message notifications. Just for kicks, I enabled incoming sms notifications, then went through the process again and disabled notifications. Still didn't work. I'm still getting text message notifications. :banghead:

I'm not sure what to try next. I guess I'll unpair my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and try re-pairing it to reset the settings but it sure would be nice if I could avoid getting notified of every text message while driving. Other than that, phone calls work great and I love the uConnect.

Hopefully someone can help. Thanks.

st1264 03-13-2013 11:02 PM

I have the UConnect but to be honest I don't need it or want it. Just came with the particular vehicle I bought.

That would bother me too. Hopefully it's a simple solution.

xsdbs 03-15-2013 10:55 AM

Would it be possible for you to post a short video of this issue? Sometimes I can see something that my mind's not thinking. I would like to see it starting with the notifications on, have a message come in, then turn off the notifications, have a message come in. Thanks for your help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBeardNC (Post 3499571)
I did a bunch of Googling and found some mentions of this but no fix. Hopefully there is one.

I love my new JKU Sahara. I love everything about it. The uConnect (430) works great other that this one annoyance. Having my radio get interrupted every time I get a text message got old real quick. I found a forum post that mentioned where you can turn this off by hitting the button and saying "setup sms incoming notification". So I did that and turned it off (told her "yes" and confirmed it) and she then told me its off. That worked for a couple of days and then all the sudden, I started getting notified again. So I went through the steps again and according to her (uConnect), notifications are still turned off. However, I'm still getting text message notifications. Just for kicks, I enabled incoming sms notifications, then went through the process again and disabled notifications. Still didn't work. I'm still getting text message notifications. :banghead:

I'm not sure what to try next. I guess I'll unpair my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and try re-pairing it to reset the settings but it sure would be nice if I could avoid getting notified of every text message while driving. Other than that, phone calls work great and I love the uConnect.

Hopefully someone can help. Thanks.

T3Knical5urg3 07-12-2014 03:23 PM

I have this same problem. It is INCREDIBLY annoying. I wish I had not bought the nav package. It is a half baked piece of shit. I still haven't found an answer.

pepatrick 07-13-2014 09:40 AM

Fortunately the 730n does not have this problem.