Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   merrica (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/merrica-227604.html)

iwaxmyjimmy 03-14-2013 11:52 AM

merrica

saw this on the facebook and thought merrica

Attachment 222549

Gunner 03-14-2013 12:08 PM

It's kenny right. I am at the VA hospital every week for something. Agent Orange got my heart and lungs and I am in and out of a wheel chair quite a lot. It really burns me when people disrespect our country and the people who fought for it. Thankfully the jeep community seems to be a very patriotic bunch. And thank you for your service.
Bob

iwaxmyjimmy 03-14-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner (Post 3503083)
It's kenny right. I am at the VA hospital every week for something. Agent Orange got my heart and lungs and I am in and out of a wheel chair quite a lot. It really burns me when people disrespect our country and the people who fought for it. Thankfully the jeep community seems to be a very patriotic bunch. And thank you for your service.
Bob

No problem Bob. My grand dad got in touch with the same stuff long ago. Btw thanks for your service.

Gunner 03-14-2013 12:26 PM

LOL now you can go back to the Blond rocker look. I saw that picture and almost passed out laughing.

iwaxmyjimmy 03-14-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner (Post 3503143)
LOL now you can go back to the Blond rocker look. I saw that picture and almost passed out laughing.

Yeah I've done some crazy stuff in my time and I'm always up for a good laugh

Gofish TJ 03-14-2013 12:40 PM

Thanks to both of you guys and all our armed forces for their service to this country. My grandfather was a veteran of WWII and Pearl Harbor. Thanks for fighting for our rights.

RadarRob2012 03-14-2013 12:41 PM

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Murrica!!!

Gunner 03-14-2013 01:03 PM

Right on Robby. But i just might punch you out if you disrespect my country. You can say it but there might be consequences.

iwaxmyjimmy 03-14-2013 01:55 PM

We got a brand new PL today.... let the games begin lol

suicideking 03-14-2013 02:05 PM

Classic!

I was happy to learn recently that the daycare for my 4 yo has them do the pledge of allegiance every morning. :thumb:

crittert 03-14-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy (Post 3503473)
We got a brand new PL today.... let the games begin lol

I just took over as PL at my unit. They tried to make me knock on the air before I enter an area they are in. Pretty funny really. What they don't know is that I have 20 years of service. They'll get theirs soon enough.;)

iwaxmyjimmy 03-14-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crittert (Post 3503546)

I just took over as PL at my unit. They tried to make me knock on the air before I enter an area they are in. Pretty funny really. What they don't know is that I have 20 years of service. They'll get theirs soon enough.;)

Yeah I'm debating on dropping an OCS or a green to gold packet... I would enjoy messing with people as a PL

crittert 03-14-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy (Post 3503567)
Yeah I'm debating on dropping an OCS or a green to gold packet... I would enjoy messing with people as a PL

I didn't know they were still doing green to gold. You should do it. We need more prior service Officers. If you have any questions about it let me know.
OCS was no joke! I didn't do the Federal course at Benning though. The National Guard takes "care" of their OCS candidates in South Dakota and Alabama.
I thought SERE school was tough. OCS at Alabama kicked my arse..

crittert 03-14-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 3503506)
Classic!

I was happy to learn recently that the daycare for my 4 yo has them do the pledge of allegiance every morning. :thumb:

Awesome! We need more places like that

DaK 03-14-2013 02:40 PM

I encourage all my E's to go gold. Lot of BS in those ranks but at the end of 20, that monthly check ain't so bad.

crittert 03-14-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaK (Post 3503640)
I encourage all my E's to go gold. Lot of BS in those ranks but at the end of 20, that monthly check ain't so bad.

There is a lot of BS once you get up in rank. That's why I am perfectly content staying a LT for as long as possible. I might even take a Warrant in a few years just to keep me in the real world.

crittert 03-14-2013 03:01 PM

We should do a Military run some time. It seems like there's a lot of us on here...I work with the Wounded Warrior Project so we could even do a fundraiser for them if there was interest.

DaK 03-14-2013 04:25 PM

Not a bad idea.

ChuckMRN 03-14-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crittert (Post 3503721)
We should do a Military run some time. It seems like there's a lot of us on here...I work with the Wounded Warrior Project so we could even do a fundraiser for them if there was interest.

I'm not Ret Military, but I'd pay for the privilege to go on that run.

JoeBot13 03-15-2013 01:41 AM

I'd be down for a military run ... Memorial Day maybe?? ... every year they always have motorcycle runs ... I see just as many Jeeps on post and I ain't above putting flyers on some windshields ...

crittert 03-15-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckMRN (Post 3504502)

Anyone would be welcome. I think Memorial Day is a great idea. I'll post up the run on the main forum when we figure out the details.

JoeBot13 03-15-2013 12:47 PM

the wwp fundraiser is a killer idea too ... once a run is set i'll use different channels here on post to reach out the the Jeepers/Off-Roaders that aren't on this forum ... and I'm sure some of our marines/air force/navy jeepers on the forum can do the same on their end

Tanks 03-15-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckMRN (Post 3504502)

I would 2nd that!

DaK 03-15-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crittert (Post 3507399)
Anyone would be welcome. I think Memorial Day is a great idea. I'll post up the run on the main forum when we figure out the details.

That day is a little crowded on the trails and sometimes there are major wheeling events during this time as well. Also have to look at the heat building up out here around that time.

Early May BB run would be awesome. Make it a weekend thing.

jeeperdave49 03-15-2013 09:35 PM

I'd be interested in a vet run. Army 1969-1971. HAPPY TO DONATE TO THE WOUNDED WARRIORS FUND Dave

hwy1rubi 03-18-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

I'd be up for this.

Sub Vet 1969 - 1973, member of USSVI, LA/Pasadena base Seal Beach.

hwy1rubi 03-18-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy (Post 3503034)
saw this on the facebook and thought merrica

Attachment 222549

In my HS classroom for the past 35 years I did not force the students to recite the PoA, but they sure as hell had to stand and be respectful.

Slo Mo 03-18-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

I am in (USMC 1972 thru 1983)

crittert 03-19-2013 01:42 PM

Cool. I figured there would be a lot of interest. I have yet to meet a Jeeper that wasn't a red blooded American on here. :thumb:

I'll solicit the WWP to see if I can make the run an official charity run for tax purposes. Any suggestions as to where, what and how we want to do this? I'm liking the idea of a big bear run. It's convenient for the San Diego folks as well as the Fort Irwin, Edwards Jeepers.

I will also talk to some local shops to see if they would want to sponsor this event in some fashion. I know locally I have Safari Straps, SPOD, Higher Ground Off-Road and Fab, Big Johns Performance, and the Transmission man to name a few. If anyone else wants to, have at it. We could do a raffle and donate the money to WWP.

Just brainstorming here. Let's keep this thread alive. :punk:

crittert 03-19-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaK (Post 3507936)
That day is a little crowded on the trails and sometimes there are major wheeling events during this time as well. Also have to look at the heat building up out here around that time.

Early May BB run would be awesome. Make it a weekend thing.

Loving this idea. It's a great time of the year to be there and it's convenient for a lot of people. Let's pick a weekend that doesn't conflict with any other events.