Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   CJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f298/)
-   -   Value of frame? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f298/value-of-frame-227620.html)

USMC 0369 03-14-2013 12:59 PM

Value of frame?

Quick question...

Gents I have a question about the value of an item. I have a CJ-5 frame that I don't plan to use. It's in pretty darn good shape, but instead of boxing it in and cutting off the body mounts and re-welding them on with about a 2" lift for the body... I'm just gonna make a frame from 2x4 .120 rectangular tubing. Once I'm done with building the frame, I plan to throw this old one up on Craigslist. My question, what's the value of something like this? I have no idea what to ask for (and then get talked down from).

NHflannelman12JK76CJ5 03-14-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC 0369 (Post 3503276)
Quick question...

Gents I have a question about the value of an item. I have a CJ-5 frame that I don't plan to use. It's in pretty darn good shape, but instead of boxing it in and cutting off the body mounts and re-welding them on with about a 2" lift for the body... I'm just gonna make a frame from 2x4 .120 rectangular tubing. Once I'm done with building the frame, I plan to throw this old one up on Craigslist. My question, what's the value of something like this? I have no idea what to ask for (and then get talked down from).

in the northeast, I've seen them run in the $750 range for something that's decent or has been shipped from California. But you might not have rust issues where you're from and clean frames might be more plentiful. good luck

USMC 0369 03-14-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHflannelman12JK76CJ5 (Post 3503343)
in the northeast, I've seen them run in the $750 range for something that's decent or has been shipped from California. But you might not have rust issues where you're from and clean frames might be more plentiful. good luck

Thank you. That helps actually. :thumb:

faultymechanics 03-14-2013 02:33 PM

SoCal, from my check over craigslist you could probably net 450 easily. If you are just trying to pass it off. A little higher to keep it longer. Depends on how many are up at the time of your sale. I am sure you could get closer to 750 on a better day. Up to you!

USMC 0369 03-14-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faultymechanics (Post 3503614)
SoCal, from my check over craigslist you could probably net 450 easily. If you are just trying to pass it off. A little higher to keep it longer. Depends on how many are up at the time of your sale. I am sure you could get closer to 750 on a better day. Up to you!

I searched the crap out of CL but couldn't find any (in my area). I dunno if I know how to use that site correctly now... :banghead:

Goofyjumper 03-14-2013 03:05 PM

You should check out EarlyCJ5.net and try listing there too.

I've seen frames go from free to $750 on craigslist and other sites. It always seems to be a matter of whether the right buyer meets the right seller.

USMC 0369 03-14-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofyjumper (Post 3503735)
You should check out EarlyCJ5.net and try listing there too.

I've seen frames go from free to $750 on craigslist and other sites. It always seems to be a matter of whether the right buyer meets the right seller.

It is a niche' type of thing huh? Thanks for the ref.