Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Dumont Dunes ... before it gets too hot (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/dumont-dunes-before-it-gets-too-hot-227779.html)

JoeBot13 03-15-2013 02:58 AM

Dumont Dunes ... before it gets too hot
 
I'm gonna get off the rocks and out to Dumont for a couple days in the next few weeks before it starts getting too hot. I'll probably head up Sperry Wash as well while I'm out there. Anyone interested in joining?

We'll set a date, but I want to get out there before it breaks triple digits.

**Update**

Gonna have to push this to the right ... gotta head back to Arizona for a bit. When I get back, I'll post up if this goes down.

Moe jk 03-15-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBot13 (Post 3506070)
I'm gonna get off the rocks and out to Dumont for a couple days in the next few weeks before it starts getting too hot. I'll probably head up Sperry Wash as well while I'm out there. Anyone interested in joining?

We'll set a date, but I want to get out there before it breaks triple digits.

I'm interested! When are you thinking of doing this?

iwaxmyjimmy 03-15-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moe jk (Post 3506105)
I'm interested! When are you thinking of doing this?

Glad to see you made it over this way Eric, there is alot more runs on this forum, and generally more relaxed, fun having, and jeep purist here too.

WOKNROX 03-15-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBot13 (Post 3506070)
I'm gonna get off the rocks and out to Dumont for a couple days in the next few weeks before it starts getting too hot. I'll probably head up Sperry Wash as well while I'm out there. Anyone interested in joining?

We'll set a date, but I want to get out there before it breaks triple digits.

Hey Joe...I know u like to explore...so I have a well keep secret spot I like to go wheelin out here in the desert when the weather starts to get warmer. I love to go play out at Clark Mtn...it's the highest mtn in r desert at near 8000ft, has camping and lots of keep trails ...a really sweet place.
U'll have to check it out sometime ..

JoeBot13 03-15-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moe jk (Post 3506105)
I'm interested! When are you thinking of doing this?

I'm thinking sometime during the first half of April. It's gonna get hot there and quick, then it's just too hot to be fun. Mainly I'm going for my kids... I'm gonna take some time for them to go sledding on the dunes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3506547)
Hey Joe...I know u like to explore...so I have a well keep secret spot I like to go wheelin out here in the desert when the weather starts to get warmer. I love to go play out at Clark Mtn...it's the highest mtn in r desert at near 8000ft, has camping and lots of keep trails ...a really sweet place.
U'll have to check it out sometime ..

That's on my list! I found pictures on Mojave National Preserves website and have been wanting to get out there since...

WOKNROX 03-15-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBot13 (Post 3506768)
I'm thinking sometime during the first half of April. It's gonna get hot there and quick, then it's just too hot to be fun. Mainly I'm going for my kids... I'm gonna take some time for them to go sledding on the dunes!



That's on my list! I found pictures on Mojave National Preserves website and have been wanting to get out there since...

Hey right on ...wasn't trying to hijack ...just wanted to make sir u saw it...

JoeBot13 03-15-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBot13 (Post 3506768)
I'm thinking sometime during the first half of April. It's gonna get hot there and quick, then it's just too hot to be fun.

Looking at the calendar I'm thinking maybe the week/weekend after Easter?


lol no worries Steve... i'm always open to new trails! I need to win the lottery ... or get a job at a jeep magazine so I can wheel for a living. There are so many trails that I want to hit ...

HyperBrad 03-15-2013 05:08 PM

Any date set yet? I would like to join if that is cool? I love Dumont, spent many years there on the 2-3 and 4 wheelers sincwe the 70's

HyperBrad 03-15-2013 05:24 PM

In the low to mid 80's now. lets go get a tan!!

JoeBot13 03-15-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperBrad (Post 3508154)
Any date set yet? I would like to join if that is cool? I love Dumont, spent many years there on the 2-3 and 4 wheelers sincwe the 70's

Heck yeah ... the more the merrier! I'm looking at maybe the week/weekend after Easter. The kiddos are on spring break during that time. Bring a sled!

I'm sure the dunes will be packed on the front side being spring break, but the backside is more suitable for Jeeps anyways and was always pretty empty when I've been before. That is unless something has changed in the last 20 years, I haven't been since the 90s!

JoeBot13 03-26-2013 02:07 AM

I've got to push this to the right ... Heading home to Arizona at the beginning of April. I'll post up if this goes down though! Thanks for the interest!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.