Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   The Offical WF Beer Review Thread... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/the-offical-wf-beer-review-thread-22793.html)

ccain 11-02-2008 04:30 PM

The Offical WF Beer Review Thread...

After my "Arrogant Bastard" thread, I thought it was time that we had a beer thread in the OT section. In this thread we will try, critique, and report on as many different beers as we can. I see it as a legitimate excuse to drink as much as I can! :D Also, I'd like Unlimited and any other beer connoisseur to chime in here.

Let me kick things off.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...9/guinness.jpg
Guinness...

What can I say? The beer that I grew up on. One of the finest stouts known to man. We can all give praise to the Irish for condemning us to eternal purgatory for such a sinfully good beverage. I know for a fact that if the good lord made anything better than Boobies and Guinness... He kept it for himself!

A robust stout that hangs on the back of your tongue like the 3rd class passengers on the ass of the Titanic as it was going down. Moderate alcohol content and such hearty flavor lends this beer to be enjoyed slowly while warm... My experience is that when it is served "very cold" as the label directs, it tends to have a bitter flavor and unpleasant after taste. Whereas, when it is enjoyed warm it's as smooth a new born baby's arse.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...a7cde40de1.jpg

Murphy's Stout...
The same can be said for Murphy's that is said for Guinness. Murphy's is a Corkonian dry stout. Meaning it is brewed in Cork, Republic of Ireland.

A deep opaque brown which looks black in pub light, topped by a soft foamy head that never entirely disappears. Earthy and clean aroma of dark roasted maltiness with just a hint of hops. Dry but loaded with a rich dark flavor of roasted grain, also a hint of dark chocolate and a mild smokiness. Very smooth and mellow. Easy on the tongue.

I tend to keep Guinness and Murphy's in the cabinet and enjoy them warm. I also tend to reserve them for special occasions.

Now on to my "wrenching beers" or beers that I keep in the fridge that is as thirst quenching on a hot day as the finest lemonade from the deep south:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...9/DSCN3425.jpg

Pacifico...

Unlimited turned me on to this one. Pacifico is a solid beer, delicious, smooth, and drinkable. Lots of carbonation with a very thin head. Crisp with a light citrus flavor. My favorite beer for wrenching or just having with pizza or chips.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...410-765443.jpg

Land Shark...

The ONLY beer I've had from a clear bottle that wasn't skunky! Not as light as Corona but lighter than Dos Equis. Like Pacifico it has lots of carbonation and a thin head. A bit citrusy but not as hoppy as I'd like to taste. But good over all. Beats the $shit outta Coors and Bud IMO.

That's about all for now... But stay tuned for more!

activelydying 11-02-2008 05:06 PM

I'm sorry Cain, but Guiness is the only beer that I've poured down that drain after trying it.

ccain 11-02-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by activelydying (Post 278558)
i'm sorry cain, but guiness is the only beer that i've poured down that drain after trying it.

SACRILEGE!!!! Shun the non believers!!!! SHUUUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!:D

chezuki 11-02-2008 05:57 PM

Sacrilege indeed, but that is one lucky drain to have tasted such bliss.

whiteyj 11-02-2008 06:11 PM

Guinness....Why would you drink something that you can sustitute for motor oil?

jpdocdave 11-02-2008 06:31 PM

i gave up the booze, but some friends and i did make it our mission to taste and critique every beer we could come across. the only bear i ever watered the plant with was moose head, canadian if i remember right, we called it moose piss.

i loved leinenkugels (sp?) made in wisconsin, toured the brewerey. great wheat beer, many flavors. and every day was good ol ice house. sam adam's also a good choice.

people say nobody drinks beer cuz they like the taste, its for the other reasons, but i do like the taste of beer. thanks for the temptation cris:bottom:

jgano23 11-02-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 278572)

it lubes the joints. i hear it cures arthritis.

stevens243 11-02-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdocdave (Post 278578)
i gave up the booze, but some friends and i did make it our mission to taste and critique every beer we could come across. the only bear i ever watered the plant with was moose head, canadian if i remember right, we called it moose piss.

i loved leinenkugels (sp?) made in wisconsin, toured the brewerey. great wheat beer, many flavors. and every day was good ol ice house. sam adam's also a good choice.

people say nobody drinks beer cuz they like the taste, its for the other reasons, but i do like the taste of beer. thanks for the temptation cris:bottom:

I would never ask you to get back on the juice to check something out, but you should try Mckewens (SP) scotch ale. Just terrible stuff!!:eek:

tiny terror 11-02-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 278572)

Because it thickens up that beautiful Irish accent of his.

jgano23 11-02-2008 07:46 PM

i've never had a bad sam adams. they really know their beer. you cant go wrong with cherry wheat.

orange05tj 11-02-2008 07:49 PM

A 12 wheeler of Golden Anniversary is $4.99 at Shop Rite. Want my review of it? Not sure what goat piss tastes like, but I'm sure it tastes just like it. Sure its awful beer, but its cheap and it does the job.

jpdocdave 11-02-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 278605)
I would never ask you to get back on the juice to check something out, but you should try Mckewens (SP) scotch ale. Just terrible stuff!!:eek:

that would keep me off it huh?:rofl:

jgano23 11-02-2008 08:01 PM

with a can like this how could it not taste good?

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/83.jpg

AzTJ 11-02-2008 08:43 PM

Just like Candy-Corn... it pops up every year around this time. I love's it. :D

http://i.pbase.com/g3/38/4038/2/87716858.VMEZzFPy.jpg

orange05tj 11-02-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 278618)
with a can like this how could it not taste good?

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/83.jpg

you just take that picture?

stevens243 11-02-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdocdave (Post 278612)
that would keep me off it huh?:rofl:

Damn straight. You'd never go back. See it here:

Opinionated Beer Page - McEwan's Scotch Ale

By the way, about a 18 months ago, I dry walled my garage.. I had 3 cans of Olympia sitting on a 2x4.. They've been there for years, since some tool brought them over as a "gift". I just drywalled over them.

Nice to know if armegedon arrives, I can always bust a hole in the drywall and have some old and terrible beer left.

Unlimited 11-02-2008 11:16 PM

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Any real Beer, and I'm not talkiní about the pansy American lagers that a lot of people drink, is truly wonderful stuff. With the popularity of "micro brewed" ales and craft beers that are out there, I can honestly say that I've tasted a lot of truly wonderful beer.

Real Beer is made from four ingredients: Barley, hops, water, and yeast (and maybe a little wheat now and then). Corn, rice, and other adjuncts that the big American brewers use may make it more "drinkable", but it will play hell with your head in the morning.

Pacifico is my standby, there is always some cold in the garage fridge along with one or two different ales. I'm not a big Stout or Porter drinker any more, I go for more of the lighter colored ales these days. But I do have a sixer of guinie in the cupboard for the next time Cain comes by.

whiteyj 11-03-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 278607)
Because it thickens up that beautiful Irish accent of his.

Sorry Lass, it would do a thing for me.:D

1BLKJP 11-03-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 278608)
i've never had a bad sam adams. they really know their beer. you cant go wrong with cherry wheat.

This missy is the worst post you have made since joining this board. :D

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is without a doubt the worst beer I have ever tasted. Worse than Rogue Chocolate stout even. :D There is actually 4 of them left in my fridge and no one will even drink them. So I guess if you and the hubby are ever in PHX then stop buy and I'll buy ya some Cherry Wheats. :flipoff:

jgano23 11-03-2008 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange05tj (Post 278665)
you just take that picture?

nope, i just googled it.

jgano23 11-03-2008 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 278713)
This missy is the worst post you have made since joining this board. :D

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is without a doubt the worst beer I have ever tasted. Worse than Rogue Chocolate stout even. :D There is actually 4 of them left in my fridge and no one will even drink them. So I guess if you and the hubby are ever in PHX then stop buy and I'll buy ya some Cherry Wheats. :flipoff:

i dont think this is the worst post i have made, maybe the most irresponsible and uneducated, but worst? have you read my other posts?:D. my husband is a coors guy. and i would take a corona over anything. i like sissy beers.

jpdocdave 11-03-2008 08:09 AM

corona????? get a rope.:mad:

boo yuppy beer. anything called a mexican beer, that mexicans won't drink is a problem.

jgano23 11-03-2008 08:14 AM

i told you i like the sissy beer. plus i dont think i want to drink something that a mexican would drink, it'll give me disentary.

jpdocdave 11-03-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 278735)
i told you i like the sissy beer. plus i dont think i want to drink something that a mexican would drink, it'll give me disentary.

good point, but maybe they don't drink it cuz its worse than anything they'd drink.

jgano23 11-03-2008 08:31 AM

maybe, but i've never gotten dysentery (sorry my medical spelling is a little rusty, i've been out of the field for a few years).

tiny terror 11-03-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 278703)
Sorry Lass, it would do a thing for me.:D

I know. Does a whole lot for me too.

(watch typing too fast, you drop your negatives ;))

yjwrangler 11-03-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccain (Post 278561)
SACRILEGE!!!! Shun the non believers!!!! SHUUUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!:D

YouTube - Charlie The Unicorn

sorry ccain you made me do it!

jeeps&comics 11-03-2008 09:10 AM

the dogfish head IPA's are good. like the 60, 90 and 120 minutes... those are delicious. a real man's beer!

4point 11-03-2008 10:10 AM

Wow! we sure have a lot of Beer Snobs here. This thread almost reads like a political rant. :D

ccain 11-03-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 278762)
Wow! we sure have a lot of Beer Snobs here. This thread almost reads like a political rant. :D

HAHAHAHAHAH...

GUINNESS for President '08