Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Spark plugs (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/spark-plugs-228618.html)

valentine1210 03-18-2013 05:55 PM

Spark plugs
 
So I got spark plugs for my 03 2.4 but I can't seem to get (from my guess) the coils off the spark plugs or maybe I'm just in the wrong place. Anybody have any insights?

RedTJ00 03-18-2013 06:47 PM

there are bolts along the coil pack strip that you have to take out to remove the coil pack from the spark plugs

Timberline 03-18-2013 07:00 PM

It does take a nice tug to get the boots to separate from the actual plug. Try to wiggle it a little as you are pulling to see if that helps.

Bimota Bruce 03-18-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timberline (Post 3520338)
It does take a nice tug to get the boots to separate from the actual plug. Try to wiggle it a little as you are pulling to see if that helps.

If you dab a little dielectric grease on the porcelain before boot install, they'll pull off easily next time.

valentine1210 03-18-2013 08:53 PM

Ok so wiggling the coils didn't work but I know that I have to remove the throttle body to get to cylinder 3 but what about these bolts to remove the coil pack?

03 sahara jeeper 03-18-2013 09:59 PM

I went on YouTube, look up changing plugs on a 2.4 wrangler. A lot of good information.

tangofox007 03-18-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedTJ00 (Post 3520283)
there are bolts along the coil pack strip that you have to take out to remove the coil pack from the spark plugs

Not on a 2.4L engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by valentine1210 (Post 3520856)
...but what about these bolts to remove the coil pack?

There is no need to do anything with the coil pack.

Tiburon 03-19-2013 12:56 AM

When i did mine i thought they would rip out. I had to pry them out with a screw driver so as to not pull on the wire itself. Be prepared to buy new wires JIC.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.