Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Offroad Heros Multi-top for my JKUR (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/offroad-heros-multi-top-for-my-jkur-228686.html)

UgaTyler 03-18-2013 08:22 PM

Offroad Heros Multi-top for my JKUR
 
I pulled the trigger on a Offroad Heros 2013 Multi-top today. I have heard a lot of positive and negative on WF and some of the other forums. Almost all of the positives have been about the product itself and almost all of the negatives have been about the customer service and wait times.

I figure I can be patient and hold out if the product is of the quality that many of you claim. Tim told me it would be 3-5 weeks and that he is in the process of making a new batch.

The new multi-top looks so sweet and looks like it would be crazy functional. The multi-top is the cargo top, fastback top, and even a summer top. It's a bit expensive but if it is a quality product, I don't mind putting a few more bucks into it.

Anyone with experience from this vendor or this exact top please chime in. I wouldn't mind seeing some more pictures of the cargo top.

Link to the top I purchased http://www.offroadheros.com/multitop.html

Lowerumble 03-18-2013 08:25 PM

Nice! I just emailed them yesterday on what the lead time was and have not heard back yet. Good to hear that it might only be a month. From reading, I was willing to wait a couple (or few). I also haven't read any other negatives besides lead times.

UgaTyler 03-18-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowerumble (Post 3520965)
Nice! I just emailed them yesterday on what the lead time was and have not heard back yet. Good to hear that it might only be a month. From reading, I was willing to wait a couple (or few). I also haven't read any other negatives besides lead times.

I emailed them 3 weeks ago and never heard back from them. I called them early this morning and left a message and told him I was interested in purchasing the multi-top (their most expensive top) and he called me back within 10 minutes.

Elarson 03-18-2013 08:35 PM

Don't email him. He does not have a computer and only gets his email when he goes to the library. Call and he is always prompt.

BullyArsenal 03-18-2013 08:40 PM

I ordered the multitop early February and I should be getting it soon. I actually called him on a Sunday late afternoon and he answered the phone.. Dude is very nice..especially for a 1 man shop..and with spring summer right around the corner orders are probably thru the roof for him.

basecamper 03-18-2013 08:42 PM

Agree on the phone vs email comment! having said that definitely worth the wait :dance:

DallasJKU 03-18-2013 09:32 PM

I ordered mine on 2/7 and was told 1st week in March. I didn't really believe him when he said 4-5 weeks. I bet it won't be until mid April.

Lowerumble 03-18-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elarson (Post 3521003)
Don't email him. He does not have a computer and only gets his email when he goes to the library. Call and he is always prompt.

Good to know. He should just take it off and explain on his site that he is a one man shop, not a "manufacturer". People that understand it and want to pay the cash will, people that don't... won't. I will call him tomorrow!

UgaTyler 03-18-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasJKU (Post 3521326)
I ordered mine on 2/7 and was told 1st week in March. I didn't really believe him when he said 4-5 weeks. I bet it won't be until mid April.

Yeah I am doubting the 3-5 weeks timeframe too…I just hope it's here before I go to the beach in early June.

Elarson 03-18-2013 10:36 PM

I ordered the 2nd week of January and mine will be here this week. 9 weeks order to door by then roughly.

DallasJKU 03-24-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elarson (Post 3521636)
I ordered the 2nd week of January and mine will be here this week. 9 weeks order to door by then roughly.

Did u get your top yet??

Lowerumble 03-24-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowerumble (Post 3521507)
Good to know. He should just take it off and explain on his site that he is a one man shop, not a "manufacturer". People that understand it and want to pay the cash will, people that don't... won't. I will call him tomorrow!

Argh, I got too busy this week and didn't call him! I didn't get an email response which sounds normal. I just have to focus on calling him on Monday!!

DallasJKU 03-24-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowerumble (Post 3520965)
Nice! I just emailed them yesterday on what the lead time was and have not heard back yet. Good to hear that it might only be a month. From reading, I was willing to wait a couple (or few). I also haven't read any other negatives besides lead times.

I'm going to guarantee you it won't be a month. This is when he starts to get busy and I ordered mine over 6 weeks ago and still no top. I'm going to guess it will be 9-10 weeks at minimum. I talked to him for an hour when I ordered mine and he guaranteed there would be no delays. I knew he was lying because he has never really come through in the past. I'm fine with it for now. I will start to get really annoyed by late April. I will call him Monday and just get an ETA.

UgaTyler 03-24-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasJKU (Post 3544935)
I'm going to guarantee you it won't be a month. This is when he starts to get busy and I ordered mine over 6 weeks ago and still no top. I'm going to guess it will be 9-10 weeks at minimum. I talked to him for an hour when I ordered mine and he guaranteed there would be no delays. I knew he was lying because he has never really come through in the past. I'm fine with it for now. I will start to get really annoyed by late April. I will call him Monday and just get an ETA.

Let us know what you find out!

UgaTyler 03-24-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elarson (Post 3521636)
I ordered the 2nd week of January and mine will be here this week. 9 weeks order to door by then roughly.

I am also interested in knowing if you have received your top!?!

BullyArsenal 03-24-2013 10:27 AM

I ordered mine early February and have not received it yet.. Going on 2 months now.

no road needed 03-24-2013 10:42 AM

i also ordered mine in early February and have not received it yet, But the weather here has been crap so I am not in too big of a hurry.

UgaTyler 03-24-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullyArsenal (Post 3545687)
I ordered mine early February and have not received it yet.. Going on 2 months now.

Let us know when you get it in! I'd like to know a more accurate time frame.



Quote:

Originally Posted by no road needed (Post 3545729)
i also ordered mine in early February and have not received it yet, But the weather here has been crap so I am not in too big of a hurry.

Kinda the way I am…from everyone's reviews, I know I am getting a quality product so it's worth the wait. I do want it before I go to the beach in early June though.

Elarson 03-24-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UgaTyler (Post 3545048)
I am also interested in knowing if you have received your top!?!

I did! Came amazingly packed but the instructions could have been assembled by my kids so I hope the install goes ok. Based on advice I am going to wait until I get a much warmer day than we are having now and get it out in the sun before I try the install.

Eric

Hokieneer 03-24-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elarson (Post 3547844)
I did! Came amazingly packed but the instructions could have been assembled by my kids so I hope the install goes ok. Based on advice I am going to wait until I get a much warmer day than we are having now and get it out in the sun before I try the install.

Eric

sweet let us know how it goes, I am heavily considering getting the multi-top

302 03-24-2013 09:06 PM

I ordered my off road heros fast back top around january.. Got it towards the end of february... Sadly I haven't installed it yet though because i've been too buy and well... its still cold/rainy weather. His customer service wasn't bad. Called him, he answered, i placed my order. A month or so later, I called back and he said lucky you called I just got done with a bunch and am shipping them at the end of the week.... The guy is nice, its just a one man show... Be patient... The only problem I have with my soft top from them is it is not installed on my jeep yet....

UgaTyler 03-24-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elarson (Post 3547844)
I did! Came amazingly packed but the instructions could have been assembled by my kids so I hope the install goes ok. Based on advice I am going to wait until I get a much warmer day than we are having now and get it out in the sun before I try the install.

Eric

Great news man! I am excited for you!

DallasJKU 03-25-2013 10:40 AM

Just talked to Tim and he said he was finishing it right now and would hopefully go out this week or first of next week. I can live with that. Hoping to get in a couple weeks. Maybe mid April.

BullyArsenal 03-27-2013 04:49 PM

I have tried calling Tim for 2 days and the phone just rings bz..

UgaTyler 03-27-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullyArsenal (Post 3560528)
I have tried calling Tim for 2 days and the phone just rings bz..

That's no good! No answering machine either?

wiscosolid 03-27-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UgaTyler (Post 3560615)

That's no good! No answering machine either?

He had a spell of the busy tone a few weeks ago. I think he has some sort of pre paid phone system. I eventually got thru and he was hard at work.

DallasJKU 04-03-2013 11:54 AM

Tim just called me and have me a tracking number. Should be here in less than a week.

wiscosolid 04-03-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasJKU (Post 3589252)
Tim just called me and have me a tracking number. Should be here in less than a week.

Ditto

legitposter 04-03-2013 06:06 PM

Oh man you lucky dogs... Make sure you post lots of pics.

Lowerumble 04-03-2013 07:08 PM

Nice, mine isn't supposed to be done until next month still. How long did yours take start to finish?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.