Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Indiana Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f84/)
-   -   Local Indianapolis Area Clubs (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f84/local-indianapolis-area-clubs-229492.html)

D.B. 03-22-2013 12:17 AM

Local Indianapolis Area Clubs

I live in Indianapolis and would like to know if there are any local clubs in the area and what is needed to join/participate.

Papparonzi 03-27-2013 07:56 AM

I am looking to get involved in a local group as well. All searches seem to go to dead ends. I live in Carmel and I ran across a poster for a jeep club at a local bar but it didn't seem to still be active. Let me know what you hear.
Ron

skokie 04-01-2013 03:39 PM

I am interested as well. I am in Fishers and getting ready to buy my first jeep. Anyone have a place in Indy they would recommend for getting work done (ie: lift / re-gearing).

lolitsdaelan 04-03-2013 09:23 AM

There's IndyORV. They've got forums setup and while I haven't met many of them, the few I've met so far have been extremely helpful and tolerant of my lack of Jeep knowledge :)

Hulk04 05-07-2013 11:22 AM

Seems like the only option around here is Indy ORV which I've heard good things about...but it might be cool to have a Jeep Specific Club...I've been thinking about starting one up for a while now if you guys are really interested. Maybe meet once or twice a month? I'm thinking we might start with a meet-n-greet or two and see who shows up. Suggestions?

jmaler 06-18-2013 07:56 PM

Hey Indy area Jeepers - I've been looking for a jeep group around Indy, too. If you guys want to get together and talk jeep stuff, let's do it!

hooserdaddy 06-19-2013 11:02 PM

Im in for central IN...let me know

lolitsdaelan 06-20-2013 08:32 AM

I'm on the east side of Indy, I'd be down for a meetup or a tech day

skokie 06-21-2013 10:16 AM

Check out the JKOI-Jk's of Indiana group on FB! I have found help and some cool guys on there.

D.B. 07-04-2013 02:15 PM

I am up for a meet and greet to start up a jeep club....please contact me when you guys are game.....wizore@yahoo.com

t.gill68 07-07-2013 03:50 PM

I'm in for a meet and greet....someone set the place and time . Wife and I are new to the jeep community and can't wait to get involved. I think it would be fun to do with the jeepers what they do with the old cars at the Suds in Greenwood

D.B. 07-07-2013 10:53 PM

Sounds like we have a start! Anyone is welcome to contact me at wizore@yahoo.com if you are motivated to meet up and maybe plan an easy trail run at badlands ( I have never been) and talk about some sort of club organization. I would be more than happy to take the lead and do whatever leg work is needed. I work in law enforcement so my hours are crazy but I am open to get something going.

Would be nice to have a club of new friends to meet up with on at least once a month to talk jeep, camp, trail run or something of that nature! This is my first jeep and its not far from stock at this point since its a DD but the sky is the limit! So speak up and email me your interest and I will create a contact list to start getting a forum for the group to be able to at least communicate.

D.B. 07-07-2013 11:05 PM

Suggestion......It would be nice to get a quick contact list of those interested in truly getting something together, like a simple meet and greet at a local spot, as suggested by Hulk04. This could take place at a central location such as a park for a grill out or sonic or whatever.....just so folks get to meet and we have the opportunity to talk about a simple club and really get something fun going!

hooserdaddy 07-07-2013 11:38 PM

D.B.
Thanks for jumping in and offering to get something going:thumb:
I live on the west side of Indpls.
You want the contact info sent to your email?
Any ideas on meeting places just throw them out there and we can vote or something. Im open to anything in central In.

Hummel park in Plainfield (close to me :wavey: ) has nice sheltered areas and playgrounds close to parking lot for kids and us.

Suds in Greenwood.....hundreds of cool cars\trucks\jeeps cruse through and hangout on Saturdays.

D.B. 07-07-2013 11:43 PM

Ya if jeepers will just email me there contact if Ill get a list organized for everyone and send out a blast email that can get the ball rolling on a meet/greet. I live on the south side of indy near 465/harding and open to anything. I think your suggestion of the Suds sounds neat being that its a known spot for local car shows/car clubs.

D.B. 07-07-2013 11:44 PM

The parks are also a great suggestion too.

Zdrisko 07-07-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B. (Post 3937209)
The parks are also a great suggestion too.

Email sent from z71hero@aol.com

I'm thinking of a Cannonball Run or sorts for around western and central Indiana. Would anyone else be interested? Something small to get going and to get the word out..

hooserdaddy 07-07-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B. (Post 3937086)
Sounds like we have a start! Anyone is welcome to contact me at wizore@yahoo.com if you are motivated to meet up and maybe plan an easy trail run at badlands ( I have never been) and talk about some sort of club organization. I would be more than happy to take the lead and do whatever leg work is needed. I work in law enforcement so my hours are crazy but I am open to get something going.

Would be nice to have a club of new friends to meet up with on at least once a month to talk jeep, camp, trail run or something of that nature! This is my first jeep and its not far from stock at this point since its a DD but the sky is the limit! So speak up and email me your interest and I will create a contact list to start getting a forum for the group to be able to at least communicate.

Jeff here - 38yrs old
2002 Wrangler X 4.0(114k) manual \ Goodyear MTR\Kevlar 32x11.50 D30\D35
I have had it a month tomorrow :punk
little back ground-
Was a machinist for 10yrs\ Work in IT now.
My jeeps not perfect but is in pretty good shape. This is my first jeep so I am totally new to them but trying to learn as much as possible. My jeep is my daily driver so I dont want to destroy it but would love to run some easier trails and play in the mud.

D.B. 07-07-2013 11:59 PM

If I actually get peeps to act on this I'll post some announcement of our movement on other local hoosier threads on here to advertise the group start up and maybe put up a flyer or two at the local 4wheel parts store on washington st.

Time to act peeps......get me your info and tell a fellow indy Jeeper to do the same!!!! I know your out there. I'll plan to give it a week (7-8-13 to 7-12-13) for folks to send me contact info and I'll start an organized communication blast, by the weekend, with whatever list I have by then with hopes to reach out to others as we move forward.

D.B. 07-08-2013 12:09 AM

The basics:

Name is Dave - 38 as well.

First time jeep owner, 2012 sahara with stock suspension and some basic mods so far. Aside from my department patrol car my Jeep is my DD as well and would also look forward in doing some easy to mid level wheeling. Never been to any of the local off road parks cuz I didn't want to wheel as a newbie on my own to start.

Looking to do a 2.5' lift with 33's but the budget is limited right now, like everyone else, saving pennies. Purchased the Jeep with the hopes to join a club in order to meet some fellow Jeepers and take advantage of some fun runs, camping trips, and expand my Jeep know how.

hooserdaddy 07-08-2013 12:10 AM

Email sent from Jeffy32@gmail.com also

Suds in fun but kind of hectic and would be hard to park together unless everyone got there really early. maybe meet at a park in greenwood a little earlier then drive through Suds later as a "jeep herd"

I also like the idea of the cannonball run. Maybe hit a few sonics or hooters or something as a "jeep herd".

Would really like to be able to meet everyone and check out everyones jeeps and talk and get to know everyone...Not sure if a meet and greet first then plan a cruse or meet earlier in the day to hang out then cruse out.

D.B. 07-08-2013 12:23 AM

Great suggestion.........I am just hoping we get at least a few peeps to follow through an we might actually have a shot at putting together a simple group. Not to jump ahead but my initial thoughts are to maybe push an informal email, to the list that will be collected by the end of the week, out with everyones contact info so peeps have others they can contact for jeep help or whatever. Then get the groups idea on monthly or bi monthly outings (simple meets, runs, camping trips, trail run meets, BBQ's, badlands run, or whatever) or something like that.

Nothing crazy just some basic organization to keep peeps informed of local jeep resources or whatever and organize times to get our jeeps out and have some fun with new friends. Kinda like a bowling league would work or something ya know? I am not from IN so meeting new folks would be good for me. Plus I would love having a contact list and a face to put with that contact of local jeepers that may be able to help me with jeep upgrades moving forward or at least someone to gets some ideas or bounce ideas off of.

hooserdaddy 07-08-2013 12:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine has 2" body lift with 32" tires. I am planing on maybe a new bumper and winch. Would be nice to have a CB for trail rides also. I feel ya about going on trail ride alone...would suck to be alone and something bad happen.
Nice Jeep DB love that color....Mine is kinda crazy looking but the jeep was in such good shape for the year i couldnt pass it up.

Attachment 270213

D.B. 07-08-2013 12:27 AM

Got an early AM training session I have to be at tomorrow so signing off for now........get the word out to friends and I'll plan on having that email blast out at the end of the week deadline for peeps to send me their contact info.

D.B. 07-08-2013 12:28 AM

love the crazy paint job.....stands out!

D.B. 07-08-2013 12:30 AM

with soft top and new D2 trail lights

hooserdaddy 07-08-2013 12:30 AM

Sounds great!!!
I think once people see we are at least trying to make something happen and meeting up they will join in.

D.B. 07-08-2013 12:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you have been looking for a top lift......do it! Its a life saver when going between soft and hard tops or making room in the garage!

hooserdaddy 07-08-2013 12:44 AM

Very nice...Ive been looking for a hard top for winter time.

D.B. 07-08-2013 12:52 AM

Just FYI, I placed a call out/advertisement of our club development effort, like this one, on the IN locals board of this site in hopes to reach out to Indianapolis and surrounding area jeepers with hopes of getting some peeps on board.