Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

What wheels to run?!

3K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  Steelman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I am running 33x10.5xr15 on my tj and I have more than enough room. I was told on the thread I posted that 4 backspacing is good for running 10.5 and 12.5.

#4 ·
One wheel for $250? The wording on that posting is deceptive.

I'd get the procomp series 97 or 98, with 3.75 backspacing from quadratec, or see if your local shop has them. They are a dime a dozen and it's the same shit, different chinese distributor.
Its 250 for a set of 4 wheels. How do I know what back spacing the wheel has? These just say offset is neg 19

#9 ·
The wheel offset is the difference between the mounting surface at the brake side of the rim compared inside to outside. -19 means the wheel is has more out, than on the inside.

Bump steer comes into play when the mounting surface strays from center of the rim.

Back space is needed to clear the tie rod ends and other components.
Jeep wheel usually sell with two different back spacings, 3.75 and 4.5

To get tie rod clearance the 3.75 with an 8" rim is the best bet.

#13 ·
I used to run the exact same Toyo's. 33x12.5x15. They are a very heavy tire. I had them on cheapo black steelies. 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing. When I went to 35's, I put them on alloy wheels. Lighter, and stay balanced better. I would suggest going alloy wheels.

#31 ·
I used to run the exact same Toyo's. 33x12.5x15. They are a very heavy tire. I had them on cheapo black steelies. 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing. When I went to 35's, I put them on alloy wheels. Lighter, and stay balanced better. I would suggest going alloy wheels.
Agree 100000%! I was amazed how much heavier a steel wheel was compared to the alloy ones I now have! :eek:

#22 ·
Ok so $62.00 wheel delivered, not bad... Even better if no sales tax. I've seen some black wheels @ $55.00/Wheel, but then there's tax, shipping, or both. There's basic black steel wheels used/sold in the racing industry that are reasonable in price in many off-sets. Not sure exactly which offsets "they" offer? Likely offsets in increments of 1/2 "& 1".

#28 ·
My last point then it's back to watching this stupid zombie movie.

Keeping the offset closer to 0 is going to keep the ball joints closer to wheel center which will reduce steering component fatigue. 10" wheels on 12 inch tires makes the wheels more prone to damage from rocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.