00 TJ No Bus reading on odometer
I have something going on with my cluster. Every now and then the odometer reads No Bus and the tach, oil press, and fuel gauges read 0. And the Air Bag and Check engine light comes on. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
Ignition?, Computer?, Connections?
Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!
My buddy has the same problem. Chrysler products were notorious for weird wiring and electrical issues. My oil pressure gauge was pinned the other morning. Just cut engine and restarted. No problem. If its not affecting performance I wouldn't worry as the alternative is expensive and time consuming. Good luck
P.s. that gold in my opinion is one of the nicest colours Heep ever made. (No sp error intended lol)
no bus on odometer
I have the exact same problem.....did you find out what to do to get it fixed?
It's the connections to the dash cluster. Pull the dash apart, unplug the conections and carefully clean them. No sandpaper, they have a light plating. Very slightly tweak them to insure a good contact. Reassemble.
Repeat a few years later.
There are some more detailed write-up's on this site.
not always so simple, Sparky... i'm having the same issue with my 06' rubicon and i've been doing a considerable amount of reading on the subject and the problem could be a number of things... i had a layered problem with mine, in that the dash was flashing two codes "no fuse" and "no bus". after fiddling with it all morning, stripping off all of my plastic, i found the cause of the "no fuse" (#26 in the fuse block under the hood that ties into about 8 different things) and it turns out it was my factory locker switch... but i'm still getting the "no bus" and i still have no communication to the OBD2 data plug, plus light stutter during idle as if misfiring or week-firing.
things its NOT, after ruling them out via my research:
1. loose plug on the back of the dash panel (cleaned with contact cleaner and gave them a slight twist.
2. broken or rubbing wire... i traced from PCM to the dash...
3. crank position sensor is working (seems to be the most comon associated problem if if flashes "no bus" and doesn't run, mine still runs)
4. throttle position sensor is working.
5. loose connection at the PCM.
6. bad cell in the battery or low battery voltage. i'm getting 12.4 across the board on every source i check.
other things things it could be:
1. bad dash.
2. bad PCM (had issues with this before actually, dealer fixable only since it needs to be programmed with VIN and mileage...)
3. short i haven't found yet
4. week or bad sensor i haven't ruled out yet.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.|
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.