Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   On The Trail (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/)
-   -   Our Jeep Wrangler swarmed by wild horses! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/our-jeep-wrangler-swarmed-by-wild-horses-230225.html)

bloodfart 03-25-2013 01:29 PM

Our Jeep Wrangler swarmed by wild horses!

I posted this video in the JK section earlier this winter when I filmed it, but I just watched it again and it reminded me what a cool experience it was, so I had to repost it in the on the trail section. Enjoy :popcorn:

AMAZING: Jeep Wrangler swarmed by wild horses! - YouTube

JakePurvis 03-26-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodfart (Post 3550507)
I posted this video in the JK section earlier this winter when I filmed it, but I just watched it again and it reminded me what a cool experience it was, so I had to repost it in the on the trail section. Enjoy :popcorn:

That's hilarious!! They're trying to eat it. They must think it's a giant carrot.

vankemp 03-26-2013 06:26 PM

That is too funny! My wife and I took an ATV ride on Black Mountain KY, and we encountered this one horse--- But wow, you got invaded! lolHorse on Black Mountain KY ATV Trails - YouTube

vankemp 03-26-2013 06:29 PM

Where was this at?

goodstrongbeer 03-26-2013 06:40 PM

You should have tried to ride one of them.

bloodfart 03-26-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vankemp (Post 3556186)
Where was this at?

In the Alberta Rockies, relatively close to Calgary

bloodfart 03-26-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodstrongbeer (Post 3556229)
You should have tried to ride one of them.

Haha, we were more afraid one of them will start riding us :p

jquinn83 03-26-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakePurvis (Post 3555666)
That's hilarious!! They're trying to eat it. They must think it's a giant carrot.

The Jeep was probably covered in salt from the wintery roads. To them it was a giant salt lick on wheels.

JakePurvis 03-26-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jquinn83 (Post 3556793)

The Jeep was probably covered in salt from the wintery roads. To them it was a giant salt lick on wheels.

That's a good idea to gather some wild horses up!

markwoodlief 03-29-2013 06:09 PM

wonder if they were range animals.. not really totally wild. It looks like besides the salt they are used to getting fed by truck. We had a horse rescue years ago and received 36 wild horses from BLM to take care of. Those horses wouldn't come near anyone.. unless we were in a truck, then they knew it was feed time.. :)

JakePurvis 03-29-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markwoodlief (Post 3569230)
wonder if they were range animals.. not really totally wild. It looks like besides the salt they are used to getting fed by truck. We had a horse rescue years ago and received 36 wild horses from BLM to take care of. Those horses wouldn't come near anyone.. unless we were in a truck, then they knew it was feed time.. :)

Amazing animals.. I love them but will never ride them due to the fact I know too many people hurt/killed by them.

monkeee2002 04-04-2013 09:53 PM

Incredible video!

I stumbled into a herd once, years ago, in the dark. They didn't wanna nibble on my pickup though, they ran LoL! And my camera sucked at night shots, so all I got were pictures of dust clouds in the headlights.

I've heard that the wild horses in Alberta aren't as skittish as they are in the states.

bloodfart 04-05-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markwoodlief (Post 3569230)

They could be, but can't really know. The Ghost River area is quite big, and there are only a handful of very scattered ranches. Where we were, the closest thing within a 15 mile radius was only a remote addiction recovery center in the middle of the woods. They could have been only half wild, but I know there are wild ones in that general area, because every now and then I hear on the news that a douche bag shot one of them for "fun" :( . There are people working hard to keep the heards wild and thriving, so there is the chance that they come out in the winter and leave some salt cubes for them. We'll never know :)

Woanagusso 04-05-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Wow! that was awesome!!!!! nice video!!! :thumb:

Tango-Sierra 04-08-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Those are some nice horses...used to seeing the sickly mustangs in the wild...

Vickie jeep 04-09-2013 03:59 PM

That was sooooo kool

RevCo666 04-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodfart (Post 3556284)
In the Alberta Rockies, relatively close to Calgary

Near Rocky Mountain House by any chance?

bloodfart 04-09-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevCo666 (Post 3615117)

Near Rocky Mountain House by any chance?

A little bit south of that, in the Waiparous OHV area

RevCo666 04-09-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodfart (Post 3615323)
A little bit south of that, in the Waiparous OHV area

Figured I'd ask since I was in that area a number of years ago. About as close as I ever got to the mountain region :)

bloodfart 04-16-2013 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture from before they swarmed us :)