Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Oregon Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/)
-   -   First Annual 4x4 Run to Help Fight Cancer (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/first-annual-4x4-run-to-help-fight-cancer-230732.html)

jdmowery 03-27-2013 11:22 AM

First Annual 4x4 Run to Help Fight Cancer
 
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to gauge the groups interest in an open run (trails TBD) to help raise money and support Relay for Life in battling cancer. After talking with Mark the tentative date would be May 11th or 12th. The run would be open to all rigs (cancer doesn't discriminate so we won't either for this one) with an entry fee of $50 per rig that would include a commemorative T-Shirt and a pizza dinner after the run and the remaining proceeds will be donated to Relay for Life to help battle cancer.

If those who would possibly be interested or know of others who might be could PM me or reply to this thread it will help us gauge a venue for pizza and ordering of shirts.

Many thanks!!
J.D.

n2jeepn 03-27-2013 05:51 PM

I'll be there ;-)


Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmowery (Post 3559387)
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to gauge the groups interest in an open run (trails TBD) to help raise money and support Relay for Life in battling cancer. After talking with Mark the tentative date would be May 11th or 12th. The run would be open to all rigs (cancer doesn't discriminate so we won't either for this one) with an entry fee of $50 per rig that would include a commemorative T-Shirt and a pizza dinner after the run and the remaining proceeds will be donated to Relay for Life to help battle cancer.

If those who would possibly be interested or know of others who might be could PM me or reply to this thread it will help us gauge a venue for pizza and ordering of shirts.

Many thanks!!
J.D.


jdmowery 03-27-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2jeepn (Post 3560711)
I'll be there ;-)

Thanks Mark!!

Nemisys 03-27-2013 06:19 PM

This is a good cause and a good way to help those with this deadly disease. I was the head of our Relay For Life organization for our Hospital at Malmstrom AFB when I was enlisted in the Air Force. JD if you need help in the future for the runs let me know. Even though I can not attend this one, since I will be at a conference up North, I would be more then happy to dontate my $50 for the cause.

jdmowery 03-27-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemisys (Post 3560799)
This is a good cause and a good way to help those with this deadly disease. I was the head of our Relay For Life organization for our Hospital at Malmstrom AFB when I was enlisted in the Air Force. JD if you need help in the future for the runs let me know. Even though I can not attend this one, since I will be at a conference up North, I would be more then happy to dontate my $50 for the cause.

Thanks so very much! I greatly appreciate the offer and feedback!!

jdmowery 03-27-2013 06:30 PM

For those of you who want to learn more about the Relay for Life and/or donate directly you can follow the link below to my page.

http://m.main.acsevents.org/site/TR?..._tafId=1033265

Take care and thanks in advance for any and all support!!!!

Great suggestion on the link for info Mark!!

jdmowery 03-28-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmowery (Post 3560835)
For those of you who want to learn more about the Relay for Life and/or donate directly you can follow the link below to my page.

http://m.main.acsevents.org/site/TR?..._tafId=1033265

Take care and thanks in advance for any and all support!!!!

Great suggestion on the link for info Mark!!

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to say thanks so much for all of the support and traction (pun intended) that this event is gaining from all of you. I have gotten quite a bit of feedback that many are interested but 5/12/13 doesn’t work for them.

For those of you who have already expressed interest in 5/12/13 would 6/1/13 be better, worse, or the same for you?

For those of you who are interested but can’t do 5/12/13 how does 6/1/13 look?

I appreciate your feedback on the dates so we can optimize attendance and raise as much money as possible for Relay for Life!!!

Thanks,
J.D.

rvkillian 03-28-2013 11:26 PM

5/12 would work as long as we could be back for the get-together in Vancouver that night. 6/1 would work for me, as well.

jdmowery 04-01-2013 09:46 PM

Brief update for everyone, 6/1/13 at TSF is confirmed, we're having a planning meeting tomorrow evening and a formal announcement of the details will follow!!!!

Very excited for this cause and to see us all pull together in support of it!!!

scottmphoto 04-04-2013 10:10 PM

I am down!

rvkillian 04-24-2013 03:43 PM

Any updates on this event?

05TJ2NV 05-04-2013 05:02 PM

Friendly BUMP updates ?

Oregonwolf 05-07-2013 03:13 PM

The date is set for June 15th. JDMowery is just finalizing the details right now and there will be more information posted on the location and everything else in the next week.

We apologize for the delay in getting the information out there. There have been a few hurdles that got in the way, but now everything is coming together so they are just putting the final touches on before making the announcement.

Thank You for your patience,

Oregonwolf
JDMowery
N2Jeepn
Race for the Cure

jdmowery 05-10-2013 10:18 PM

Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates but we haven't had info to share until this evening.

We are a go for Saturday 6/15/13, registration will be held at a farm near Brown's Camp and we'll return to the farm to hang out and eat after a few hours on the trails. I'm drafting the official announcement now and will have it posted before morning.

cwalker84 05-11-2013 04:19 PM

Heck yes, I might be able to make this one!

jdmowery 05-11-2013 04:34 PM

1st Annual Relay for Life 4x4 Run

WHEN: Saturday, June 15, 2013 Registration starts at 8am Leave for Brown's Camp @ 9am

WHERE: Registration, group assignments and food following the run will all be done at: 46035 NW Strohmayer RD. Forest Grove, OR

DETAILS: Entry includes 1 Shirt and Food following the run Groups will be arranged based on vehicle mods Each group will be assigned a guide and a tail gunner Door prizes will be given out from donations by local vendors

ENTRY: $50.00 per rig, all proceeds being donated to "Relay for Life" to benefit the American Cancer Society"

CONTACT: J.D. Mowery jeffreydmowery@gmail.com

Additional information including a website for Pre-Registration and Donations will also be setup and provided as well as a Facebook page.

Many thanks to all who are helping to support this all important battle against cancer!!!

05TJ2NV 05-11-2013 09:08 PM

Count me in ! :punk:

We register the day of the run ?

jdmowery 05-11-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05TJ2NV (Post 3745740)
Count me in ! :punk:

We register the day of the run ?

You'll be able to register online ahead of time, I'm building the page now.

jdmowery 05-13-2013 11:19 PM

Below is the link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/gene.com/s...MnlxNzdzUHc6MQ

skjeeper 05-14-2013 02:31 PM

Sorry fellas, I probably won't make this one with my work schedule, but I should still be able to register/donate. Have fun fellas!

take care-
skjeeper:)

jdmowery 05-14-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skjeeper (Post 3755313)
Sorry fellas, I probably won't make this one with my work schedule, but I should still be able to register/donate. Have fun fellas!

take care-
skjeeper:)

Sorry to hear that man!! Thanks for the support!!

blaze0222 05-14-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmowery (Post 3753277)


Just registered:thumb: I have to take family to the airport that morning. Can I come late and catch up with a group?

jdmowery 05-14-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaze0222 (Post 3755360)

Just registered:thumb: I have to take family to the airport that morning. Can I come late and catch up with a group?

Absolutely!! Awesome, thanks so much!!

blaze0222 05-14-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmowery (Post 3755370)
Absolutely!! Awesome, thanks so much!!

Cool:punk: Will we be on CH22?

jdmowery 05-14-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaze0222 (Post 3755384)

Cool:punk: Will we be on CH22?

I'll let ya know when we get closer, thanks again!

jdmowery 05-15-2013 09:29 AM

Update for those trying to convince others to join the event, below are the confirmed prizes to giveaway so far!! More to come!!!

- LED Driving Lights (Accessory Outfitters)

- Warn Medium Duty Winching Kit (Accessory Outfitters)

- JKU Weathertech Floormats (Accessory Outfitters)

- $50 Gift Certificate (Al's Guns)

- Four $75 Gift Certificates (Stripeline)

- Grab Handles (Jeep Cords)

Nemisys 05-15-2013 11:16 PM

K, Im in!!

jdmowery 05-15-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemisys (Post 3760286)
K, Im in!!

Sweet!!! Glad to hear it!!! Thanks Man!!

05TJ2NV 05-16-2013 06:58 AM

Registration Complete !! See you all there !!

jdmowery 05-16-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05TJ2NV (Post 3760947)
Registration Complete !! See you all there !!

Good deal!! Looking forward to it, thanks so much man!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.