Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

First Annual 4x4 Run to Help Fight Cancer

4K views 63 replies 17 participants last post by  jdmowery 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to gauge the groups interest in an open run (trails TBD) to help raise money and support Relay for Life in battling cancer. After talking with Mark the tentative date would be May 11th or 12th. The run would be open to all rigs (cancer doesn't discriminate so we won't either for this one) with an entry fee of $50 per rig that would include a commemorative T-Shirt and a pizza dinner after the run and the remaining proceeds will be donated to Relay for Life to help battle cancer.

If those who would possibly be interested or know of others who might be could PM me or reply to this thread it will help us gauge a venue for pizza and ordering of shirts.

Many thanks!!
J.D.

#4 ·
This is a good cause and a good way to help those with this deadly disease. I was the head of our Relay For Life organization for our Hospital at Malmstrom AFB when I was enlisted in the Air Force. JD if you need help in the future for the runs let me know. Even though I can not attend this one, since I will be at a conference up North, I would be more then happy to dontate my $50 for the cause.

#7 ·
For those of you who want to learn more about the Relay for Life and/or donate directly you can follow the link below to my page.

http://m.main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=32067680&pg=personal&fr_id=50609&fl=en_US&et=XnhBI_FWT2ocJEChR8OGtQ&s_tafId=1033265

Take care and thanks in advance for any and all support!!!!

Great suggestion on the link for info Mark!!
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to say thanks so much for all of the support and traction (pun intended) that this event is gaining from all of you. I have gotten quite a bit of feedback that many are interested but 5/12/13 doesn’t work for them.

For those of you who have already expressed interest in 5/12/13 would 6/1/13 be better, worse, or the same for you?

For those of you who are interested but can’t do 5/12/13 how does 6/1/13 look?

I appreciate your feedback on the dates so we can optimize attendance and raise as much money as possible for Relay for Life!!!

Thanks,
J.D.

#9 ·
Brief update for everyone, 6/1/13 at TSF is confirmed, we're having a planning meeting tomorrow evening and a formal announcement of the details will follow!!!!

Very excited for this cause and to see us all pull together in support of it!!!

#13 ·
The date is set for June 15th. JDMowery is just finalizing the details right now and there will be more information posted on the location and everything else in the next week.

We apologize for the delay in getting the information out there. There have been a few hurdles that got in the way, but now everything is coming together so they are just putting the final touches on before making the announcement.

Thank You for your patience,

Oregonwolf
JDMowery
N2Jeepn
Race for the Cure

#14 ·
Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates but we haven't had info to share until this evening.

We are a go for Saturday 6/15/13, registration will be held at a farm near Brown's Camp and we'll return to the farm to hang out and eat after a few hours on the trails. I'm drafting the official announcement now and will have it posted before morning.

#16 ·
1st Annual Relay for Life 4x4 Run

WHEN: Saturday, June 15, 2013 Registration starts at 8am Leave for Brown's Camp @ 9am

WHERE: Registration, group assignments and food following the run will all be done at: 46035 NW Strohmayer RD. Forest Grove, OR

DETAILS: Entry includes 1 Shirt and Food following the run Groups will be arranged based on vehicle mods Each group will be assigned a guide and a tail gunner Door prizes will be given out from donations by local vendors

ENTRY: $50.00 per rig, all proceeds being donated to "Relay for Life" to benefit the American Cancer Society"

Additional information including a website for Pre-Registration and Donations will also be setup and provided as well as a Facebook page.

Many thanks to all who are helping to support this all important battle against cancer!!!

#26 ·
Update for those trying to convince others to join the event, below are the confirmed prizes to giveaway so far!! More to come!!!

- LED Driving Lights (Accessory Outfitters)

- Warn Medium Duty Winching Kit (Accessory Outfitters)

- JKU Weathertech Floormats (Accessory Outfitters)

- $50 Gift Certificate (Al's Guns)

- Four $75 Gift Certificates (Stripeline)

- Grab Handles (Jeep Cords)

#31 ·
Confirmed Prizes

•Flash Cal (Superchips)
•Swag (Superchips)
•LED Driving Lights (Accessory Outfitters)
•Warn Medium Duty Winching Kit (Accessory Outfitters)
•JKU Weathertech Floormats (Accessory Outfitters)
•$50 Gift Certificate (Al's Guns)
•Four $75 Gift Certificates (Stripeline)
•Grab Handles (Jeep Cords)
•$30 Gift Certificate (Connie's Corner Cafe)
•Oil Change (Scottie's Auto)
•Alignment (Scottie's Auto)
•Floor Liners (Aries Automotive)
•Seat Covers (Aries Automotive)

#35 ·
Hi everyone, registration has dropped off a bit of late. We're up to 26 rigs to raise money for this great cause!! We're hoping to submit our shirt order by the end of this week so we're hoping to get everyone that's coming registered!!

Great cause, great prizes and a great way to fight cancer by doing something we already do!! Get registered and encourage your friends and family to join us!! The run is open to all rigs so it's a great chance to get that poor buddy who bought an FJ on the trails with us!! ;-)

#38 ·
Hey Everyone, we need to place our shirt orders first thing tomorrow morning so if anyone who hasn't yet registered is planning to please try and sign up today.

We'll add a buffer to the order for those who register later but getting signed up now will help guarantee everyone gets a shirt as well as planning accordingly for food.

#39 ·
We're putting the final details together and this event is shaping up very well, the support for this great cause has been amazing!!

Thanks to everyone for their support and if there are others who haven't registered yet there's still time to join us!!

#43 ·
America's Best Value Inn in Forest Grove has stated that if you call to book and mention our event they will discount the room. For example a room with two beds normally goes for $80+tax a night and would be $65+tax a night. Their number is 503-357-9000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.