Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Washington Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f57/)
-   -   Evans Creek Sunday 4/14 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f57/evans-creek-sunday-4-14-a-230782.html)

TripleNickle 03-27-2013 03:47 PM

Evans Creek Sunday 4/14

Going to organize a run to Evans on Sunday April 14th. I have not been, so it would be helpful if someone who know the trails comes. Lets make it happen!

HecticWrangler 03-27-2013 10:32 PM

I wanna run Evans creek when it opens too. I went once but it was closed. I'd go on Sunday, but the jeep show in issaquah is that day...... I think I'll be going to that!

Skawt 03-29-2013 12:06 PM

That day works for me. I am thinking with there will still be a lot of snow but hopefully 311a and FS7920 will be passable and then we can see how much more would be possible.

Works good to meet up at the Safeway in Bonney Lake and pickup late stragglers at the Chevron in Burnett before heading up.

Will try to get over to Northridge next week and grab some Ace rails to hopefully prevent the type of injuries I took last year up there.

NorthwestTJ 03-29-2013 03:54 PM

I might be able to make this, if Evans is open that is.

I agree the safeway works best and we can stop at the chevron if anyone needs a pass.

TripleNickle 03-30-2013 11:29 AM

That sounds good Scott.

YJ Wrangler 04-02-2013 08:15 AM

It is the discover pass that is needed? I would love to go, been all through the area on both sides of the river but, I have not been into Evans Creek yet. Depending on a few things if I will be able to make it. But, it is a good time for an outing and is really needed on my end.

nwbronco 04-02-2013 10:03 AM

No. Evans Creek requires a Nortwest Forest pass. We have other plans that weekend, or we'd be in.

Bob K.

YJ Wrangler 04-02-2013 11:00 AM

I will be at the Jeep show the 13th but, the 14th looks good so far. need to get the forest pass any way. I do hope things work out and I can make it. I need an outing.

NorthwestTJ 04-02-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YJ Wrangler (Post 3584374)
I will be at the Jeep show the 13th but, the 14th looks good so far. need to get the forest pass any way. I do hope things work out and I can make it. I need an outing.

I wanna go to the show so bad! But I have an orientation on the 13th at CWU and Id rather go wheeling the 14th than go blow more money I shouldnt haha

Super T 04-03-2013 12:23 PM

Hi.

I haven't been to Evans Creek in many years and now I'm driving a stock JKU with Rubicon take-offs. Is there any hope for me to play around there with you guys and not thrash the body and underside? I haven't decided on my upgrades yet and want to see a bit more trail to help decide the direction to go.

I was at Tahuya yesterday and went through the loop as well as Riff Raf and 55 and only scraped once or twice. I know it is a lot easier than Evans Creek though, so not sure if I should stay away or not? Ideas?

Skawt 04-03-2013 01:01 PM

I would expect you to be OK for this run as I doubt we will be able to get to much besides the forest service road and 311a trail which I have seen many stock rigs make it through without incident (I have also seen rollovers on this same trail so its not entirely without risk).

A lot of the harder trails have tight clearances between trees that are just waiting for a chance to take off a fender or dent up rocker panels.

I am thinking about making a drive up there Sunday just to take a peek at the snow levels.

TripleNickle 04-03-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super T (Post 3589362)
Hi.

I haven't been to Evans Creek in many years and now I'm driving a stock JKU with Rubicon take-offs. Is there any hope for me to play around there with you guys and not thrash the body and underside? I haven't decided on my upgrades yet and want to see a bit more trail to help decide the direction to go.

I was at Tahuya yesterday and went through the loop as well as Riff Raf and 55 and only scraped once or twice. I know it is a lot easier than Evans Creek though, so not sure if I should stay away or not? Ideas?

Is your rig completely stock? Any lift? Im sure the body wouldnt take a beating but the underside would if you are factory height. It all depends on the trails we take as well. Your more then welcome to come along.

Super T 04-03-2013 01:11 PM

yeah, totally stock except for running the BFG's off a Rubicon. I eventually plan to do a 2-3" lift and 33's or 35's, just haven't gotten there yet. Would the underside take a huge beating, or just scraping here and there? I tend to crawl slowly and work my way through sections as opposed to throttling through with speed. I'm not worried about scraping, I just don't want to BREAK anything.

TripleNickle 04-03-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super T (Post 3589531)
yeah, totally stock except for running the BFG's off a Rubicon. I eventually plan to do a 2-3" lift and 33's or 35's, just haven't gotten there yet. Would the underside take a huge beating, or just scraping here and there? I tend to crawl slowly and work my way through sections as opposed to throttling through with speed. I'm not worried about scraping, I just don't want to BREAK anything.

I seriously doubt you will BREAK anything, you might dent or scrape the underside pretty good, but should be ok. It all depends on where we go. I personally like to take the tough sections, but usually there will be bypasses too. So you should be ok, just get some recovery gear and know your recovery points on your rig.

Super T 04-03-2013 03:07 PM

Ok. I'll give it some thought. I don't want to hold up a group that wants to tackle the nasty stuff. I'll eventually have a lift and be better prepared for the more technical. If I decide to give it a go, I'll check back in. By the way, how long are your trail runs generally at Evens Creek in hours?

NorthwestTJ 04-03-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super T (Post 3589362)
Hi.

The only trail we'd be certain to do is probably 311, theres only one part thats really challenging at the top but theres 3 different ways to take that part with different difficultys. Ive gone with stock jeeps and as long as you can choose a good line, youll do fine! I go real slow and crawl it cause I dont wanna break anything or hit something everytime I go over something. We'll just go slow.

That being said, the snow would be the biggest problem. First time I went to evans was this time last year with 29s and a 2" lift. Got through 311 but the snow on the service roads after was the problem. I linked up to the lead guy and he pulled me pretty much the whole way.

Doubt we'll reach anything past 311, 520 is the highest trail so Im sure thats out...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skawt (Post 3589494)

I am thinking about making a drive up there Sunday just to take a peek at the snow levels.

Thatd be awesome if you could!

wrangleryj90 04-03-2013 04:49 PM

isnt the jeep show on the 14th?

MGHDTi 04-03-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrangleryj90 (Post 3590313)
isnt the jeep show on the 14th?

Yup!

4th Annual Jeep Show - Home

YJ Wrangler 04-03-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGHDTi (Post 3590695)

I do believe there is a show at the Puyallup fair the 13th and 14th?

MGHDTi 04-03-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YJ Wrangler (Post 3592254)
I do believe there is a show at the Puyallup fair the 13th and 14th?

So many Jeep shows, so little gas money...

:(

wrangleryj90 04-04-2013 12:15 AM

I'm trying to time my trip to see my mom in the Westport area to got to the jeep show:P

Stoneman84 04-06-2013 10:32 PM

Just went up that way today with my brother and cousin, still getting snow. We also went up by Coplay Lake that's a fun drive for newer drivers and less capable 4X4s.

Skawt 04-07-2013 11:50 PM

Yep, drove up today lots of snow and more coming down. Couple feet in the parking lot and the FS roads are deep. There is a great trip report on the other forum if you want to see what it looked like last weekend.

I am fired up to go next Sunday. I would recommend everyone that comes has a front and rear recovery point as I bet everyone will be stuck at some point along the way.

Is there a meeting time/place yet? Safeway in Bonney Lake work at 10:00am with a stop in Burnett for those needing a forest service pass?

Here are a few shots from today. First one is just the road to get to Evans Creek, 2nd is the puppy in the parking lot, and finally a wider shot of the parking lot.

http://www.smallbeck.com/EvansCreek040713.jpg

http://www.smallbeck.com/EvansCreek2.jpg

http://www.smallbeck.com/EvansCreek0407133.jpg

wrangleryj90 04-08-2013 12:02 AM

Would this be an okay trip for a yj stock with 30" tires they have like 100 miles on them they are at2's

YJ Wrangler 04-08-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrangleryj90 (Post 3607998)
Would this be an okay trip for a yj stock with 30" tires they have like 100 miles on them they are at2's

I dont know if it would be or not, though I am itching to get out in mine. Got the 4" on it and still have yet to get it out. Been busy chasing down the unforeseen problems that came along with it.
You are in Spokane?

wrangleryj90 04-08-2013 07:28 AM

Yes but this Thursday I will be in Westport for a month

YJ Wrangler 04-08-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrangleryj90 (Post 3608512)
Yes but this Thursday I will be in Westport for a month

Ohhhh, FISHING:dance: I am not saying not to go up to Evans Creek, I have never been up there aside from seeing the entrance from the FS road. Find out if it is a good trail for stock and make up your mind. I am hoping that the problems with mine are tracked down and want to go so, if not? I may end up out at Tahuya some time real soon. Never been out there either but, from what I have been hearing, it is a good place to take stock out to.
I will be making both trips here soon..

NorthwestTJ 04-08-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skawt (Post 3607969)
Yep, drove up today lots of snow and more coming down. Couple feet in the parking lot and the FS roads are deep. There is a great trip report on the other forum if you want to see what it looked like last weekend.

I am fired up to go next Sunday. I would recommend everyone that comes has a front and rear recovery point as I bet everyone will be stuck at some point along the way.

Is there a meeting time/place yet? Safeway in Bonney Lake work at 10:00am with a stop in Burnett for those needing a forest service pass?

Here are a few shots from today. First one is just the road to get to Evans Creek, 2nd is the puppy in the parking lot, and finally a wider shot of the parking lot.

X2 on the front and rear recovery points, learned that the hard way last year and tore my bumper.

Looks like I cant make this one though. Id love to see some pics though and get a full report :thumb:

wrangleryj90 04-08-2013 11:01 AM

I would love to do a tahuya trip while I'm over here also:) so yea if someone sets it up I will for sure go

YJ Wrangler 04-08-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrangleryj90 (Post 3609139)
I would love to do a tahuya trip while I'm over here also:) so yea if someone sets it up I will for sure go

There is a guy at work I talked to and he has a few wanting to go also. Will come up with a date