Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2013 JKU MOAB edition (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2013-jku-moab-edition-230854.html)

gohard 03-27-2013 08:23 PM

2013 JKU MOAB edition

Looked at this Jeep today having to go to the dealer. What an expensive disappointment this truck is. Only $600 cheaper then the Rubicon, basically a Sahara I don't see why would people bother buying this truck. The tires are 245-75-17 which look way too small and pathetic mounted on black Rubicon rims. Yea it had some bling like leather. Useful things were rear limited slip diff and steel bumpers and rock rails but its still hard to justify the 42K price tag.

mike1158 03-27-2013 08:43 PM

Although i like the way they look...really like the white with Saddle leather, and the Black wheels.....but i gotta agree with you...
I find myself drawn to them on the lots but the sticker is like WOW...
All i can think is that they are charging BIG for those bumpers...
and i agree on the tires...Why go Smaller ? ?

Duckquackers 03-27-2013 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree on the wheels and your color selection but you have to remember they only made around 2200 of these.

AverageJK 03-28-2013 12:01 AM

Saying $600 less then a rubicon isnt really correct. You have to compare options to options. A rubicon with leather, painted hard top, and comparable options will be more then a $600 difference. I got mine because I was in the market for a sahara, did not want painted fenders at all though, so this was a perfect fit for me. Plus, now I dont have to buy bumpers or rock rails. I have a rear locker, so its a step up over a sahara and its a unique special edition. Who cares what tires come stock, look how many replace the tires anyway, thats a moot point. I've had my Moab for about 2 months now and have not seen another one driving around yet. I've seen plenty of sports, saharas and rubicons though.

billysbrew 03-28-2013 12:34 AM

Yeah I really wanted one at first, but when the dealer would not budge on the price and crush was not an option, I walked. Since then I have decided to either go low or high [Sport or Rubi]. The two dealers here on the island really have you by the balls and they know it :bottom:

jkucod12 03-28-2013 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Are these AEV wheels?

Farnham21 03-28-2013 12:56 AM

No.

RepoMan73 03-28-2013 03:48 AM

I really like the MOAB and almost pulled the trigger on it. I didn't for the same reason I didn't get the MW3 Jeep. They are just too damn expensive and aren't willing to negotiate at all.

Paul04tj 03-28-2013 06:44 AM

I got mine for just over 30K. :rolleyes:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...0325-00188.jpg

Moha 03-28-2013 08:03 AM

Love the way those MOAB's look.

Even better with wider tires

Duckquackers 03-28-2013 08:20 AM

COD12 they are ATX Ledge wheels wrapped with Goodyear MTR's 315/70/17

CavCop 03-28-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moha (Post 3563026)
Love the way those MOAB's look.

Even better with wider tires

I wanted a COD MW3 in silver and ended up with black.

My buddy with a black 2011 Rubicon, just traded for a all white (- fenders) MOAB Unlimited and the final deal was swapping the rims and tires to an over sized set. His MOAB looks so much better with just bigger tires.

He worked out a deal that seemed fair for everyone. The MOAB can be a good vaule.

legitposter 03-28-2013 09:51 AM

If you're about off road performance and don't care about extras, then get the Rubicon for $600 more (which is clearly lacking in some add-ons at that price). It has important off road components.

If you're like me, and your jeep will see dirt maybe 4 times a year but you just prefer to 'look cool', then get the MOAB. It's a nice and recognizable special edition.

MikeK46 03-28-2013 12:27 PM

To an extent, I agree with both sides. However, I couldn't see myself paying extra for things like upgraded bumpers and rails when I would want to personalize my Jeep with aftermarket parts anyway. I would get the cheapest model I could that had the features I wanted to keep.

Sasquatchewan 03-28-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckquackers (Post 3561595)
I agree on the wheels and your color selection but you have to remember they only made around 2200 of these.

We see you quickly took care of the smaller tire thingy LOL!:rofl:

Sasquatchewan 03-28-2013 01:21 PM

This model is exclusive & it's right in-between Sahara & Rubi with options that neither have & some they do share that's why Jeep does this it's different than the rest if you pay the price you can play ! Not everyone thinks its a good buy I do it's bad Arse !

JeremyCB29 03-28-2013 02:41 PM

Honestly I love mine, and am happy with all the bells and whistles

Paul04tj 03-28-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK46 (Post 3563874)
To an extent, I agree with both sides. However, I couldn't see myself paying extra for things like upgraded bumpers and rails when I would want to personalize my Jeep with aftermarket parts anyway. I would get the cheapest model I could that had the features I wanted to keep.

Mike, I was initially looking at a Sport X to upgrade as I wanted to.
The wife the the Rubicon would be better for us and less upgrades.
Started pricing things out, and then spent some time talking with the Wrangler Brand Manager (I work at Chrysler)

For the wheeling we enjoy, (I had a TJ for 8 years, 2"BB on 31's with open axles) I decided for the price I didnt need the Rubicon with the 4:10's and the crawl ratios.
I'll be 50 this year, and I drive alot for work ( 8000 in three months on it already). I told the wife, I'm not a Durango or 300 kind of guy, so the Moab would be my old man car. Tires bumpers, rails are all things I would have put on anyways. Power windows and Locks, didn't have them in the TJ, but a nice to have. Heated Leather seats, bonus on the trails in winter in Michigan.

I have the price break down to add everything the Moab has to a Sport X and for the package price vs. the cost of doing it yourself. No comparison.

MikeK46 03-28-2013 04:41 PM

The only difference is it'll be just like all the other Moab's ;)

Paul04tj 03-28-2013 05:34 PM

All 3,200 :whistling:
And even not that. Still waiting on final production numbers, but given the take rate, I'm expecting about 250 or so, White, two door, Soft top, 6 speeds will be the final tally. :cool:

So far I've seen one other in my area and it was a Gekko.

jwilson2598 03-28-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK46 (Post 3563874)

Normally I would say this, but in this case I would have been interested. Unfortunately the Moab didn't get announced until about 2 weeks after I ordered mine. I added AEV tubeless front, front skid, rear without carrier and hood to my Sahara. I could have gotten all that (minus the vents on the hood) already done. Had the choice been there I probably would have went for it since I wanted all the stuff they put on it.

robskully 03-31-2013 09:44 PM

Saw a Rock Lobster MOAB at my dealer the other day.
Liked the color and the front and rear bumpers !
Rob ....

Paul04tj 04-01-2013 08:18 AM

Since I posted last Thursday with new tires, mine had a bit of a growth spurt.

4 month ago at the Dealer.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...203_115953.jpg

And Now.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...0329-00196.jpg

Runewolf1973 05-06-2013 03:25 PM

After seeing a Moab in person I can say I don't like it....mainly because of the AEV bumpers. They just look too much like stock...especially with the plastic on em and on a stock height jeep with small tires. I like my full steel Rugged Ridge bumpers much better...and they were way more affordable. I think instead of this, they should just make a Rubicon with a 3" lift and 35's from the factory (with full warranty coverage) and let people put on their own bumpers and accessories. Now if they put AEV pintlers on the Moab and some better tires...maybe then it would be something too look at.

bt_osu 05-06-2013 03:39 PM

That is why they make different types of Jeeps. We all have our likes/dislikes. I was considering a Moab until the 10A came out. I'd much rather have a ltd edition Rubicon than a Sahara, but that is just me. The Moab definitely looks better than a regular Sahara.

thegreyman 05-06-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AverageJK (Post 3562288)
Saying $600 less then a rubicon isnt really correct. You have to compare options to options. A rubicon with leather, painted hard top, and comparable options will be more then a $600 difference. I got mine because I was in the market for a sahara, did not want painted fenders at all though, so this was a perfect fit for me. Plus, now I dont have to buy bumpers or rock rails. I have a rear locker, so its a step up over a sahara and its a unique special edition. Who cares what tires come stock, look how many replace the tires anyway, thats a moot point. I've had my Moab for about 2 months now and have not seen another one driving around yet. I've seen plenty of sports, saharas and rubicons though.

I like the look of the MOAB. If you want to sell your front bumber and stock wheels/rims. PM me :)

thegreyman 05-06-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AverageJK (Post 3562288)

If the MOAB was under 40K, I would have really considered it :)

MikeK46 05-06-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul04tj (Post 3565033)
All 3,200 :whistling:
And even not that. Still waiting on final production numbers, but given the take rate, I'm expecting about 250 or so, White, two door, Soft top, 6 speeds will be the final tally. :cool:

So far I've seen one other in my area and it was a Gekko.

You make a good point, and you did the right thing if that's what you really wanted. Everyone is different--I thoroughly enjoy my Jeep being 1 of 1 and knowing there won't ever be another like it, that's part of the fun :thumb:

If I had the Moab I would end up swapping out the wheels, tires, bumpers, etc. anyway.

ffmedic0578 05-06-2013 11:11 PM

One of my local dealers has one on the lot in black, amazing looking Jeep! Same thing though, the best I could get him to was 36k and I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Beautiful Jeep though!!

thegreyman 05-07-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffmedic0578 (Post 3727643)
One of my local dealers has one on the lot in black, amazing looking Jeep! Same thing though, the best I could get him to was 36k and I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Beautiful Jeep though!!

36K, is a good deal. Still lots of money though