Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Hood Alarm

5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  chriis 
#1 ·
Hi,

Yesterday, my kids was in my Wrangler unlimited 2008 and I had locked doors by remote.

I was talking with a friend when my kid open rear door from inside, the alarm start and i stop it with remote.

Now i had the idea to install a switch to monitor the hood opening and wire it with one door switch.

Anyone can help me to find the good way to wire it?

Any comment or Help will be great

Chriis :punk:

#4 ·
No one has a wiring diagram for ?

I can pass a wire from inside the hood to connect near door connector, but it is a
bad way to do it, i guess the door wire is passing somewhere near the firewall anyway,

The door open presence should be a "normaly open" switch,..connecting another N-O switch
for the hood is a good idea,..no?

Help me plz :wavey:

Thanks

Chriis

#5 ·
No. You need a normally closed pin switch. Its open when the hood is shut and makes contact when the hood is open. Wiring it in parallel with the rear pin switch would work. I used to get all my pin switches from the car stereo shops. They usually carry car alarms and accessories for them.

#14 ·
It is the factory alarm,..and there is no pin switch installed yet,

i want to buy and install a pin switch and wire it to the door open wire to trigger the factory alarm,..

i need the jeep wire diagram,..

Wrangler Sahara unlimited 2008 3.73 axes 6 speed manual,

Thanks
Chriis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.