Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/)
-   -   Potatoe Ridge Rocky Gap 3-30-13 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/potatoe-ridge-rocky-gap-3-30-13-a-231270.html)

raythom3 03-29-2013 05:10 PM

Potatoe Ridge Rocky Gap 3-30-13
 
For those of you not following the Sunday 3-31-13 thread, there is a small group meeting this Saturday at the Dunkin Donuts just west of the 215 and Charleston at 8:30am heading out at 9:00am for Lovell Canyon thru Potatoe Ridge to Red Rock. The More the merrier.
:thumb:

RepairMan 03-29-2013 09:23 PM

I'm a probably

jokerchief462 03-29-2013 10:30 PM

Two possibles fro JF Gregaf3 and one more.

jokerchief462 03-30-2013 07:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Great trip here are a few pics.

jokerchief462 03-30-2013 07:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some more

jokerchief462 03-30-2013 07:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
And more

jokerchief462 03-30-2013 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last ones

RepairMan 03-30-2013 09:21 PM

Good trip!

VegasYFZ 03-30-2013 10:15 PM

Thanks for the good company and good pace. See you guys on the next one

gregaf3 03-30-2013 10:16 PM

Yep, good trip. It was great meeting some of you guys. I am the worst with names but I am sure that I will see most of you guys out on the trails again.

Panthor98 04-01-2013 08:26 AM

Great trip, the best on my list so far. Thanks Joe!!!

raythom3 04-01-2013 06:13 PM

Ditto to that one as well. Thanks Joe!

I can't remember a bad ride yet. It's always great to get out with people with something in common. The Jeep is a great tool for that. I personally can't see my future without one!

jokerchief462 04-01-2013 10:50 PM

Thanks but the credit goes to Panthor98 it was his e-mail that got it all started.

The uphill from Lovell Canyon seemed a little more challenging than the Red Rock downhill. Still want to do Rocky Gap lunch and Wheeler Pass home some day this summer. Would be a longer day but you can do it with later sunsets.

Got to get some work done now that my hand is feeling better. Flares or a body lift got all the parts just been sitting all week.

Looks like slim chances for work in May nothing posted yet to apply for and I have less than 30 days and I think the process will take longer so I may have a lot of free time on my hands for a little while. Be a nice vacation but the pay would really suck.

I posted the best of the pics and my rider had a great time. He was able to decide on a lift kit after our trip and saw the difference between 2.5 and 4 inches of lift.

So I will be here nightly working I think I have enough Desert Wrangler trips coming to keep me out of trouble but if Repairman comes up with the Death Valley ride I may have to go. The route looked interesting even though it is a few miles it could be great trip.

DragonAMG 04-02-2013 10:44 PM

That looks awesome!!! I am a first time jeep owner and can't wait to trail! How advanced do you need to be to go on a run like that? I can't wait to join you guys on the next one!

RepairMan 04-02-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokerchief462 (Post 3582452)
.....So I will be here nightly working I think I have enough Desert Wrangler trips coming to keep me out of trouble but if Repairman comes up with the Death Valley ride I may have to go. The route looked interesting even though it is a few miles it could be great trip.


Well now that you mention it, the club is having a ride in the same area the weekend before I was thinking about going. I'm signed up for that ride. If there's still a lot of interest, I could still do some planning.

LVRaptor 04-03-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonAMG (Post 3587462)
That looks awesome!!! I am a first time jeep owner and can't wait to trail! How advanced do you need to be to go on a run like that? I can't wait to join you guys on the next one!

I just took some new to the offroad seen friends through this trail a week ago and they did just fine, it has alot to do with the spotter and the ability of the driver to follow his commands.

DragonAMG 04-03-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVRaptor (Post 3587937)
I just took some new to the offroad seen friends through this trail a week ago and they did just fine, it has alot to do with the spotter and the ability of the driver to follow his commands.

Thanks LVRaptor!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.