Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Build Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f330/)
-   -   87 YJ Restore (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f330/87-yj-restore-231364.html)

aphares 03-29-2013 11:20 PM

87 YJ Restore
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I would like to introduce myself.

Arthur P. and am starting a 87 YJ restore. I wanted to say "HI" and hope you all don't mind the next year in questions. I like the forum, can't wait to get started.

This is my 87 and the frame is rotten so I am doing a ground up restore.

Thanks (in advance)

Art

jfearin77 03-30-2013 05:55 AM

Cool jeep art. Hope to see some pics. Good luck.

Mr. Snow Miser 03-30-2013 06:30 AM

Good Luck!

barjeep 03-30-2013 09:57 AM

where i live your jeep is restored

jfearin77 03-30-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barjeep (Post 3571541)
where i live your jeep is restored

:-thumb)

aphares 05-19-2013 06:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I hope i uploaded my pics right, if not i will bump it from the laptop later. I havent posted any up dates because everthing so far has went good. I have the frame back from powdercoat and work is moving along. Front and rear ends are in, I think i will move on the brake lines and wiring next. Art

Mewing8 05-19-2013 06:41 PM

When were you in my garage? Your project is anoint in the same stage mine. Looks good!

BCDonny 05-19-2013 07:23 PM

welcome you most often get all the answers to your questions on this forum everyone is quite helpful

aphares 05-24-2013 05:45 PM

undercoating today
 
4 Attachment(s)
Used dupli color bed armor to under coat today. Dont like it and wont use it again.

roadyrob 05-24-2013 07:02 PM

pics look good, what didn't you like?

aphares 05-24-2013 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The thicknes of it, and lack of texture,. Picture makes it look better than it is...

I will get it flipped over when it dryes, but will be using this in the tub. Will post pic when done.

aphares 05-25-2013 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the tub ready, and getting it cleaned. Do you think i should bring the liner around over the lip, or keep it inside the lip?

aphares 05-25-2013 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well no answer so i did what i did!

I got to say. If your ever told by someone in the forum to buy monsterliner, take the advice, pay the extra and tell them THANK YOU.

I end up redoing the under body to my liking, and i love the monster liner in the tub...

What you think?

sslopok 05-25-2013 07:42 PM

Great job thus far. Liking the build!

aphares 05-26-2013 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New front seats but saved the back seat.
Even with the monsaliner i still want to lay mats. Anyone have recommendation of type?

aphares 07-10-2013 07:58 PM

Havnt post in awhile, will try to get updated picks in a few days, but today i plan on starting on the firewall and dash, but until now i thought i was a big boy, dammmm. I got as far as staring at the firewall 2hrs.

Any wisdom???

aphares 07-10-2013 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 271192

Jrgarcia715 07-10-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphares (Post 3792478)
Well no answer so i did what i did!

I got to say. If your ever told by someone in the forum to buy monsterliner, take the advice, pay the extra and tell them THANK YOU.

I end up redoing the under body to my liking, and i love the monster liner in the tub...

What you think?

How much of the monstaliner did it take you to do the tub?

aphares 07-10-2013 09:52 PM

One gallon. And i was able to get a couple coats on it, more than enough. I bough the $16 gun, not sure if it was the gun or nomal but it shot out like it was string. But nun the less it turned out just fine, and i would use it again.

Jrgarcia715 07-10-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphares (Post 3948698)
One gallon. And i was able to get a couple coats on it, more than enough. I bough the $16 gun, not sure if it was the gun or nomal but it shot out like it was string. But nun the less it turned out just fine, and i would use it again.

Where did you get the monstaliner?

tyborbogdan 07-11-2013 01:20 AM

Any reason for staying with the sport style roll bar? I know a lot of people upgrade them to the family style. Not sure whether you are going for a stock look or not.

Ianbeaulieu 07-11-2013 01:41 AM

Hey Art, I'm Ian, I also have an 87 like yours, if you need any help with anything let me know, also if you need any parts let me know, I am always taking stuff off and putting other stuff on my rig haha I like what you have done so far, do you like it being at automatic? I have a standard and kinda wish I had a auto

aphares 07-11-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrgarcia715 (Post 3949038)
Where did you get the monstaliner?


Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner outperforms Herculiner Bed Liner, Duplicolor and Rustoleum Road Warrior

aphares 07-11-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyborbogdan (Post 3949337)
Any reason for staying with the sport style roll bar? I know a lot of people upgrade them to the family style. Not sure whether you are going for a stock look or not.


No reason other than I had it. I never thought about changing it...

aphares 07-11-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianbeaulieu (Post 3949361)
Hey Art, I'm Ian, I also have an 87 like yours, if you need any help with anything let me know, also if you need any parts let me know, I am always taking stuff off and putting other stuff on my rig haha I like what you have done so far, do you like it being at automatic? I have a standard and kinda wish I had a auto

Thanks Ian. But Texas might be a little far to do some swapping. I love the Auto and the wife can drive it when she wants. I am more of a leisure driver with my jeep and not as much trail rides. So I can't answer for the others. Other than i get tiered of shifting in the city. I like to do country rides and not even break 45mph, so it's just put in drive and go. I hope to be painting in about two weeks will get pics up then, and just dropped rims off at custom painting yesterday.

1987Wrangler YJ 07-11-2013 09:26 AM

weather tech floor mats are nice there molded to the floor. what sized lift do you have?

aphares 07-11-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1987Wrangler YJ (Post 3950059)
weather tech floor mats are nice there molded to the floor. what sized lift do you have?


6 IN

Also i have seen a modified bracket mount for the emergency brake pedal for fiberglass tubs and i can't seem to find it again. anyone have a idea where? or a better search term I'm not using i should be?

aphares 07-24-2013 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sending her to paint. I hope i'm/her:thumb ready...:thumb:

aphares 07-27-2013 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:dance:

ChicoJeepy 07-27-2013 07:33 PM

Looks absolutely beautiful. Well done so far! :thumb:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.