Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Like My Sexy Body? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/like-my-sexy-body-23140.html)

jgano23 11-13-2008 07:48 PM

Like My Sexy Body?
 
ok, so i've been looking for a new body tub for my cj7 for a few weeks now. after lots of searching and emailing to different people on ebay and craigslist i have finally found one:punk:. it is the tub off of a yj. it has almost no rust in the tub, it comes with rock sliders (which is great b/c that is one less thing i have to buy), it also includes the windshield, tailgate, and rollbar (which i will be getting read of b/c i have a full roll cage).

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/r.../bodytub-1.jpg

obviouly the decals need to go, but I need help with deciding what color green to paint it. I unfortunately have to stick with green b/c i dont want to change the nj vehicle title (it is a nightmare). I could stick with the same color that it is now (see below) or i could change it. what color green should i go with. Low key or obnoxious? dark or light? flat or gloss? I need help. please give me some suggestions.

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/r...o23/JessCJ.jpg

Never Monday 11-13-2008 08:08 PM

how about the TJ electric green? or John Deere Green?

ExDementia 11-13-2008 08:10 PM

I like the green that's on there myself.

stevens243 11-13-2008 08:12 PM

I'm sitting here watching the Jet's game...nice green color they wear, regardless of whether you're a jets fan or not...

jgano23 11-13-2008 08:33 PM

NO!! NO JETS! I hate the jets ant the f***ing Yankees, although i love that the yanks are the highest paid losers in the world. but i digress, thanks for the opinion though :)

jgano23 11-13-2008 08:34 PM

are they loosing though, if so to whom?

stevens243 11-13-2008 08:49 PM

Actually, they are beating the patsies right now. 24-13 at the half.

I'm not a jets fan either, just was watching and thought that color would look good on a CJ if you had to repaint.

kEat 11-14-2008 04:59 AM

The JK Rescue Green!

jgano23 11-14-2008 05:44 AM

rescue green!! that is the color that i am batting around right now. i just came on to post "how about rescue green?"

jgano23 11-14-2008 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 282694)
Actually, they are beating the patsies right now. 24-13 at the half.

I'm not a jets fan either, just was watching and thought that color would look good on a CJ if you had to repaint.

oh that is good, tho only team i hate more than the jets is the patriots, belichick is a pompus ass that would sell his own mother for a win. There's no doubt that they had/have a good team, and i dont resent them for that. i loved that during the third quarter of the super bowl the pats were a celebrating their "win" and there "undefeated" season, then whammo! they lost, to the wild card team no less:D.

Well I'm a Raider Fan, Red Sox Fan, and Devils Fan so i cant even choose a green form one of them. I am really starting to think rescue green, but still not sure.

stevens243 11-14-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 282763)
Well I'm a Raider Fan, Red Sox Fan, and Devils Fan so i cant even choose a green form one of them. I am really starting to think rescue green, but still not sure.

Wow:eek:

All over the board with the teams aren't ya?

How did a Jersey girl end up as a RAIDER's FAN?? Jeez.

I understand the Devils and kinda the sox, but the RAIDER'S??

Too bad Martin Brodeur is out. Have ta see if they can stay in contention until he gets back.

Oh, and GO WINGS!

jgano23 11-14-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 282847)
Wow:eek:

All over the board with the teams aren't ya?

How did a Jersey girl end up as a RAIDER's FAN?? Jeez.

I understand the Devils and kinda the sox, but the RAIDER'S??

Too bad Martin Brodeur is out. Have ta see if they can stay in contention until he gets back.

Oh, and GO WINGS!

i was born to ba a raider fan, my dad is one. and i have such an intense hatred for the yanks that @ 10 years old i figured i might as well me a sox fan. (btw i'm 23 now so you do the world series math) , plus the devils are the only team that bears NJ's name (please dont mention the Nets, we like to forget they are ours)

oooo, wings, like hot wings? j/k

sollucho 11-14-2008 12:55 PM

i say rescue green

stevens243 11-14-2008 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Wings were "hot" when they hoisted the cup about 5 months ago!

If you won't do Jet's green, take a look at BRG (British Racing Green)!

Attachment 5263

Schmo 11-14-2008 05:27 PM

I'd go with flat military green . . . stensil on a ID# on the hood . . . all you'd be missing is a gun turret.

G54 11-14-2008 07:48 PM

OD - or camo so you can hide from the USI.

jpdocdave 11-14-2008 08:23 PM

i say go with the color of that steering wheel.

how'd you find such a clean body??

jgano23 11-15-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdocdave (Post 282974)
i say go with the color of that steering wheel.

how'd you find such a clean body??

pure luck, and the body with everything in the pic is $550, the only thing is we have to drive 3 hours (one way) to get it, but that it is totally worth it. plus i can probably get some of that back by selling my cj body tub (it is not beyond repair i just cant really weld), windshield, and sell the roll bars from this yj. the tub is virually rust free (just a little surface rust).

marc1kim 11-16-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmo (Post 282942)
i'd go with flat military green . . . Stensil on a id# on the hood . . . All you'd be missing is a gun turret.

+1

agphotosnatj 11-16-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmo (Post 282942)
I'd go with flat military green . . . stensil on a ID# on the hood . . . all you'd be missing is a gun turret.

Marine Corps Green #23, some yaller id numbers and a 'gun ring fer dem south jersey devils in the pine barrens.

JCS05Rubi 11-16-2008 09:59 PM

I am not a HUGE fan of green, but there are a few worth considering:

There are the lime greens, the 05ish wrangler lime green, and the lime green from the old Dodge muscle cars

Light "girly" greens. There is the "Green Silk" from the Cadillac DTS that is absolutely gorgeous, as well as the lighter green used in the last body style Camaro's. Not the dark green, but there was a lighter metallic green that was gorgeous. I know they used it in 1996.

Color changing greens, such as those on the GMC Yukon Denali, the Bonnevile, as well as the newer style Grand Prix.

Volvo also is using a gorgeous green, similar to the Green Silk Cadillac used, but with more green and less silver. Still gives the same "Silver-Green" appearance, but again, more green. Gorgeous color. I may even be able to get the color code for that one if I remember on Monday and the car is not gone yet.

Whatever green you choose, I would not choose a common Jeep green, other than the lime green. That's not too common. Also, a color not to common to another car would be best too. Something like the color changing Yukon green is used a little too much. If your going to paint your Jeep, you might as well paint it something gorgeous to you, that is not common. I would go to a body shop or an auto paint sales store, and look through the books of colors available. Maybe even have them custom mix the paint based on 2 or so colors you like.

jgano23 11-17-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCS05Rubi (Post 283501)
I am not a HUGE fan of green, but there are a few worth considering:

There are the lime greens, the 05ish wrangler lime green, and the lime green from the old Dodge muscle cars

Light "girly" greens. There is the "Green Silk" from the Cadillac DTS that is absolutely gorgeous, as well as the lighter green used in the last body style Camaro's. Not the dark green, but there was a lighter metallic green that was gorgeous. I know they used it in 1996.

Color changing greens, such as those on the GMC Yukon Denali, the Bonnevile, as well as the newer style Grand Prix.

Volvo also is using a gorgeous green, similar to the Green Silk Cadillac used, but with more green and less silver. Still gives the same "Silver-Green" appearance, but again, more green. Gorgeous color. I may even be able to get the color code for that one if I remember on Monday and the car is not gone yet.

Whatever green you choose, I would not choose a common Jeep green, other than the lime green. That's not too common. Also, a color not to common to another car would be best too. Something like the color changing Yukon green is used a little too much. If your going to paint your Jeep, you might as well paint it something gorgeous to you, that is not common. I would go to a body shop or an auto paint sales store, and look through the books of colors available. Maybe even have them custom mix the paint based on 2 or so colors you like.


i dont really like green either, but i dont want to change the nj vehicle title, so it has to be a green. i am leaning toward rescue green, but i am still considering my options. i will look at the greens you suggested.

JCS05Rubi 11-17-2008 10:39 AM

I took some crappy quick pics on my cell phone of a few different 'styles' of green. I didn't take any of darker greens other than GMs color changing green because, IMO, a regular dark green is too booring to repaint a vehicle with. I'd rather deal with the DMV and switch the color than repaint something a booring, over used dark green. Again, just my opinion. Anyway, ill upload the pics tonite, and let us know what type of green your leaning towards. I think we can help showing you samples and giving you color codes if we have a better understanding of what style green you want to go with. I saw a green cadillac on autotrader with the nicest green I think I have seen, but it was a week ago and ill have to find it again

4.0l sahara 11-17-2008 02:08 PM

how about This green?
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/aegman/h.jpg

MOz 11-17-2008 02:14 PM

I had a '69 Mustang that had a nice color green: I believe it was called Silver Jade Metallic. Very similar to the TJ Sahara but more metallic flake....

I sprayed my '65 CJ-6 the same color....

jtraider 11-17-2008 02:18 PM

always fun to run into a fellow raiders fan. i like the lime green or rescue.

JCS05Rubi 11-17-2008 04:53 PM

Okay, here at the pics I took. I took these with a crappy cell phone camera, so they obviously don't look like they do in person. Rest assured they are all technically a green. These are not necessarily suggestions for color, I just want to get an idea of what type of green you want, than I can bring a good camera to the auctions I work out of and take good pics of that style green. If it was me though, I would either deal with the DMV (Can't be THAT hard) and go with a good metallic sunset orange, or a yellow etc. Maybe a lime green. Anyway, take a peek and let us know what type of green you are leaning to, and we can help make better suggestions. Again, I didn't get any of a dark metallic green because they all look the same, and to me they are booring :) If you want to go with a dark metallic booring green, go with the factory jeep green or rescue green etc. I couldn't find any flat military green either, but we all know what that looks like.

this is the color changing green common to Yukons, Grand Prix's, Avalanches etc. It goes to a blue and a green depending on the light, but its classified as a green.
http://inlinethumb23.webshots.com/17...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb58.webshots.com/14...600x600Q85.jpg

This one is hard to see, its a non-metallic torquise type color
http://inlinethumb20.webshots.com/41...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/27...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/14...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/41...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/41...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/81...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/85...600x600Q85.jpg

JCS05Rubi 11-17-2008 04:54 PM

http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/43...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/11...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb20.webshots.com/43...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/27...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/41...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/43...600x600Q85.jpg

Levinoss 11-17-2008 04:56 PM

NOo lime green, that violates man law thank u!

JCS05Rubi 11-17-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 283702)
NOo lime green, that violates man law thank u!

There is no "man law" for those comfortable with themselves, unless we are talking about a pink S-10 or something :rofl: I would rock a lime green rubi, they look sweet!

Besides, shes a chick I think anyway?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.