Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   What to do 2011 4dr JK- lift, wheels & tires, bumper (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/what-to-do-2011-4dr-jk-lift-wheels-and-tires-bumper-231669.html)

randyg1973 03-31-2013 12:16 PM

What to do 2011 4dr JK- lift, wheels & tires, bumper

Hey everyone........new to this forum but had some questions or need some advice. I have a 2011 JK 4dr and we now are wanting to "tough" it up some. It is a daily driver and my family and I do take it some off road. Here are some of the things I am looking at and any advice would be appreciated:

AEV Savegre Wheels (pretty set on that)
Still uncertain on tires but would like to upgrade to some 33's
A 2.5 inch lift----which one for a budget but want it done right
Looking at a rugged ridge XHD bumper and winch

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks!!

ORNGCR8 03-31-2013 09:11 PM

Since its a DD, I'd keep the weight down, especially if you're only off road on occasion, which it sounds like you are.

The AEV wheels are a fine choice, especially because they're hub centric. Ask yourself if you really " need" that 2.5 lift. Maybe the AEV or Teraflex budget boost may be all you need to level it out, especially with 17" wheels and 33" tires. My choice for rubber would be Duratracs or BFG KM2s. Bumpers are varied. Winch? Bullbar? D Rings? Stubby? Tire carrier? Fogs or no fogs? Choose what fits your lifestyle best. Food for thought- the AEV bumpers maintain that they're compatible to OEM for airbag sensitivity, meaning they'll work like stock if there's an accident.

XTRyan 04-01-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randyg1973 (Post 3575619)
Hey everyone........new to this forum but had some questions or need some advice. I have a 2011 JK 4dr and we now are wanting to "tough" it up some. It is a daily driver and my family and I do take it some off road. Here are some of the things I am looking at and any advice would be appreciated:

AEV Savegre Wheels (pretty set on that)
Still uncertain on tires but would like to upgrade to some 33's
A 2.5 inch lift----which one for a budget but want it done right
Looking at a rugged ridge XHD bumper and winch

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks!!

Randy,

It all comes down to how you want to use your Jeep and what you are willing to sacrifice. Are you willing to give up some MPG's and maybe a little comfort on the street for better offroad performance? Or would you rather have it drive better on the street and only be able to handle some mild trials or logging roads.

A leveling kit is really all you need to fit 33's on a JK. 33's will actually fit with no lift, but a leveling kit will give you a small mount of clearance and get rid of the rake stance. Honestly, a 2.5" lift would make the 33's look small, most guys who have a 2.5" lift will have at least a 35" tall tire. A great kit is the Rock Krawler Leveling Kit. It's only a 1.75" lift and will make enough room for the 33's.

The bumper and winch are always a good thing to add to your Jeep. It will give you some stronger tow points than the stick hooks, and it will give you Jeep the "tough" look you are going for. Rugged Ridge makes a great bumper, it's a very high quality and a great price. Pair that with one of their winches and you will be set.

All these upgrades will add some weight to the Jeep which will decrease your mileage somewhat. Going up to a 33 and a bumper and a winch, you may see a loss of about 1-2 MPG's, but nothing major.

We have all these parts in stock and ready to ship. We have an exclusive discount for Wrangler Forum Members, along with free shipping on orders over $75, no matter what the size!

-Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, and I'll be more than happy to help!

-Zach

Jared66 04-01-2013 10:04 AM

Don't cheap out on the lift. Go all suspension or you'll hate the ride. I got a 3" poly performance synergy lift and 35s on mine and it rides great. No death wobble. No issues. Just keeps going.

Sasquatchewan 04-01-2013 01:50 PM

My 2011 has pretty much what you discribed but with 35's it's my wife's DD teraflex 2.5 & it's perfect but I have 411's so you should go with 33's IMO I love those wheels you want can't go wrong there & if you have the money rugged ridge has that bumper in aluminum :dance:

Jk_chick 04-02-2013 08:34 AM

Will 275/70/18 w/ xd rockstar rims have any rubbing on a jeep wrangler 2011 2dr?

XTRyan 04-02-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jk_chick (Post 3583674)
Will 275/70/18 w/ xd rockstar rims have any rubbing on a jeep wrangler 2011 2dr?

JK Chick,

It all depends on the back spacing of the wheel on whether or not you'll rub. Most after market wheels will have a backspacing of 4.5" or less. 4.5" is really the, "magic number" when it comes to back spacing on a JK wheel. Anything over that you will have the chance to rub at full steering lock.

Now, that's not to say that you can't run a wheel with a 4.6" BS, you may or may not rub, depending on the tire.

Hope this helps! Shoot me a PM with any other questions!

-Zach