Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Little Rock OHV area? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/little-rock-ohv-area-232018.html)

WOKNROX 04-01-2013 01:31 PM

Little Rock OHV area?

Has anybody ever been wheelin out in the Mt Emma/Little Rock OHV area?
I hooked up with some guys that wheel that area every Sunday and said its awesome out there...good rocks and some bad Azz notches ...like the ones down in Ocotillo ..also some good tite trails that really articulate ur rig...its located just east of the 14 fwy and just south of hwy 138 in LA county
If anyone knows of this place or is interested in checking it out please post up....I'm thinkin of hitting it up in the next few weeks ...

Thanx in advance

I H8RDS 04-01-2013 01:35 PM

I'd be interested...but I have Calico this weekend and my party in HV on the 19th weekend...It'd have to be May for me.

WOKNROX 04-01-2013 01:41 PM

Right on ....we'll have to check it out sometime ...
I'm thinkin that I might be developing a cough and the only prescription is more wheelin...!

I H8RDS 04-01-2013 01:50 PM

I'm on my way to buy a lotto ticket for lunch. If I win, you can live vicariously through me, because then I will be wheelin just about every weekend :)

WOKNROX 04-01-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3579870)
Has anybody ever been wheelin out in the Mt Emma/Little Rock OHV area?
I hooked up with some guys that wheel that area every Sunday and said its awesome out there...good rocks and some bad Azz notches ...like the ones down in Ocotillo ..also some good tite trails that really articulate ur rig...its located just east of the 14 fwy and just south of hwy 138 in LA county
If anyone knows of this place or is interested in checking it out please post up....I'm thinkin of hitting it up in the next few weeks ...

Thanx in advance

O and these guys we're the real deal....the smallest tires these guys we're runnin were 37s...with major rock rash ...that right there told me that this place must have some good stuff...lol

WOKNROX 04-01-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3579944)
I'm on my way to buy a lotto ticket for lunch. If I win, you can live vicariously through me, because then I will be wheelin just about every weekend :)

Sweet!
I've got a spot for ur jeep next to mine on my trailer ...:thumb:

I H8RDS 04-01-2013 01:55 PM

Oh...well, if that's the case..not for my rig.

I H8RDS 04-01-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3579962)
Sweet!
I've got a spot for ur jeep next to mine on my trailer ...:thumb:

No thanks..I'll pass. Don't have the cash to fix it right now.

WOKNROX 04-01-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3579963)
Oh...well, if that's the case..not for my rig.

Nah...I think u miss understood me....I was just saying these guys weren't just in stock jeeps blowing smoke about a fire rd they drove....

I've never been there but just because these guys r run big tires doesn't mean that the first time u go ur gonna break ur junk

And if ur gonna win the lottery and wheel with me every weekend ur ganna wonna put ur jeep on a trailer so u can get to more wheelin places faster...lol

I'm hoping someone from the west side of the high dezert chimes in with some info...
Because I wanna go check this place out!

I H8RDS 04-01-2013 03:22 PM

Gotcha..well, you know me...I live life on the edge in my rig...

And, lotto ticket is purchased. :D

WOKNROX 04-01-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3580335)
Gotcha..well, you know me...I live life on the edge in my rig...

And, lotto ticket is purchased. :D

Sweet!
Good luck...I hope u when BIG!

WOKNROX 04-01-2013 04:46 PM

Awwwh come on ..over 60 views and nobody's herd of this place....or is at least curious enough to wonna maybe go and check it out??

I H8RDS 04-01-2013 04:52 PM

I was thinking of hitting up Crazy Buttes May..but would be willing to scope that out...for me it'd have to be May 3rd and I'd be looking to camp for the weekend...Just an FYI! :)

WOKNROX 04-01-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3580655)
I was thinking of hitting up Crazy Buttes May..but would be willing to scope that out...for me it'd have to be May 3rd and I'd be looking to camp for the weekend...Just an FYI! :)

Hey...that sounds like it could be doable ...I'll have to check the campin out there...

I just got off the phone with one of the guys and looks like I'm gonna take a run out there on the 14th....so I'll have some info before ur Crazy Butts run...lol
Its alot closer for u so hopefully its a sweet place to wheel...

I H8RDS 04-01-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3580766)
Hey...that sounds like it could be doable ...I'll have to check the campin out there...

I just got off the phone with one of the guys and looks like I'm gonna take a run out there on the 14th....so I'll have some info before ur Crazy Butts run...lol
Its alot closer for u so hopefully its a sweet place to wheel...

Sounds good..you know my capabilities...33's, locked, lifted, 4 banger, 4.56, 35 rear/30 spline. etc etc etc...dont want to risk breaking to do it...looking forward to the report :popcorn: :D

WOKNROX 04-01-2013 05:40 PM

Foo shoo!

goin camping 04-01-2013 07:08 PM

Wait, what, Littlerock-Pearblossom??

I can see Littlerock from my deck and I've never heard of this place.

Where is it?

WOKNROX 04-01-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goin camping (Post 3581188)
Wait, what, Littlerock-Pearblossom??

I can see Littlerock from my deck and I've never heard of this place.

Where is it?

Its up by the Little Rock dam....Mt Emma and Cheeseboro...
I've been out there years back dual sport dirt bike riding and have read about it on Thunpertalk....and KTMtalk....but never herd anything as far as good wheelin until a few dayz ago...been told its had Azz...

goin camping 04-01-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3581384)
Its up by the Little Rock dam....Mt Emma and Cheeseboro...
I've been out there years back dual sport dirt bike riding and have read about it on Thunpertalk....and KTMtalk....but never herd anything as far as good wheelin until a few dayz ago...been told its had Azz...

I drive through that intersection twice a day. No sign or clue at all. Is it up past the pay entrance to the dam?

WOKNROX 04-01-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goin camping (Post 3581659)
I drive through that intersection twice a day. No sign or clue at all. Is it up past the pay entrance to the dam?

For all the needed info on this area contact the "LITTLEROCK DAM WHEELERS"..661-724-1596....they meet every Sunday...

goin camping 04-01-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3581810)
For all the needed info on this area contact the "LITTLEROCK DAM WHEELERS"..661-724-1596....they meet every Sunday...

Thanks!

XJ_Phil 04-02-2013 09:06 PM

Good trails - Close to home - sounds like Bakers! Keep me posted on what you find. Maybe we can test drive that front locker as soon as I get back from MI :o)

WOKNROX 04-03-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ_Phil (Post 3586923)
Good trails - Close to home - sounds like Bakers! Keep me posted on what you find. Maybe we can test drive that front locker as soon as I get back from MI :o)

Sounds like a plan...good buddy!

WOKNROX 04-08-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goin camping (Post 3581659)

Have u had a chance to get out and check this place out yet?

I was all set to take a run out there this next weekend but I found some new rocks out close to my place that I just can't get enough of....played on them all day today...he he.....so I think I'm gonna stay close to home and play this weekend...

goin camping 04-08-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3611418)
Have u had a chance to get out and check this place out yet?

I was all set to take a run out there this next weekend but I found some new rocks out close to my place that I just can't get enough of....played on them all day today...he he.....so I think I'm gonna stay close to home and play this weekend...

I looked for signs in the area but saw none. I didn't drive up to Littlerock Dam because you have to pay to get in.

I will drive up and ask at the gate in the next few days and let you know.

josea1952 04-08-2013 09:21 PM

Anything, this is close to me, I guess about the same as calico.

DaK 04-09-2013 06:22 AM

Been out here for 7 yrs and have never heard of this place. Got some hardcore dirt bikers at work and if I can find the local jeep club guy at work will ask him about it. The man has been in this valley since they paved the 14.

Don't hold me to this, will be locked in a lab for the next three weeks squirtin' trons over to Josea1952's way. If you feel something warm and tingly, that is just natural. You will be "fine".

WOKNROX 04-09-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaK (Post 3612980)
Been out here for 7 yrs and have never heard of this place. Got some hardcore dirt bikers at work and if I can find the local jeep club guy at work will ask him about it. The man has been in this valley since they paved the 14.

Don't hold me to this, will be locked in a lab for the next three weeks squirtin' trons over to Josea1952's way. If you feel something warm and tingly, that is just natural. You will be "fine".

I'm surprised u haven't herd of this place...its right under u nose ...lol
I posted the phone number for all the info on this place a couple of posts up...the "Dam Wheelers" meet out there every Sunday from sun up to sun down....talk to Kevin he's a Kool kat and has a really nice crawler also...I'll be making my way out that way soon but for now Oro Grande has a TIGHT grip on my rock crawling attention .....

DaK 04-09-2013 02:37 PM

Chattted with the dirt biker. He's never heard of it either.

hothondaguy 04-15-2013 02:05 PM

we used to go here all the time on sundays to watch the guys play in Mud, any one know the cost to get in? i live close maybe i'll have to go see whats up with it now....