Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Need some info.... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/need-some-info-232057.html)

Austin14 04-01-2013 04:44 PM

Need some info....
 
2 Attachment(s)
Okay so I'm tired of my flares and I'm wondering if there is any flat piece of material to cover the holes up on the fender. I've been looking around and can't find anything. I don't want another flare, I just want a piece that covers the holes and makes it look good.

cbush1885 04-01-2013 04:49 PM

i don't know of anything to cover the holes (except for welding in some metal or bondo/fiberglass) but I do know that if you put on flat fenders that will give you the look you want.

Stanton Tucker 04-01-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin14 (Post 3580628)
Okay so I'm tired of my flares and I'm wondering if there is any flat piece of material to cover the holes up on the fender. I've been looking around and can't find anything. I don't want another flare, I just want a piece that covers the holes and makes it look good.

Your going to need some seriously huge mud flaps then, cops will tag you in an instant.. Keep some type of flare on there, it looks bad without them

Austin14 04-01-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanton Tucker (Post 3580657)

Your going to need some seriously huge mud flaps then, cops will tag you in an instant.. Keep some type of flare on there, it looks bad without them

Where are you from?

Austin14 04-01-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbush1885 (Post 3580646)
i don't know of anything to cover the holes (except for welding in some metal or bondo/fiberglass) but I do know that if you put on flat fenders that will give you the look you want.

Ya I'm thinking about making something and seeing how it goes

Rayko 04-01-2013 05:14 PM

I think by law you'll also need side marker lights. All the aftermarket flares I see have them.

Austin14 04-01-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayko (Post 3580734)
I think by law you'll also need side marker lights. All the aftermarket flares I see have them.

I don't think the metal cloaks do

CountryBoyJeep 04-01-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin14 (Post 3580751)
I don't think the metal cloaks do

Metal cloaks do but you have to buy them seperate

Austin14 04-01-2013 05:25 PM

Well what states are y'all from where you have to side marker lights?

Stanton Tucker 04-01-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin14 (Post 3580672)

Where are you from?

Utah

Stanton Tucker 04-01-2013 05:43 PM

Flares sere a purpose. Your vehicle will stay in better shape. Also you don't want to be one of those people who kick up rocks and break people's windshields

Austin14 04-01-2013 07:16 PM

Well I'm from Florida. And no matter what your tires still throw crap

Atthehop 04-01-2013 07:22 PM

Throwing stuff is one thing but if your fender less jeep throws a rock and breaks my windshield I will call the police to issue you a ticket and them make your insurance pay to replace it.

Dewstr1 04-01-2013 07:51 PM

If money is an issue, you could just TRIM your existing flares......that's what I did.

Attachment 230339

Austin14 04-01-2013 07:53 PM

They don't even stop rocks.

Austin14 04-01-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewstr1 (Post 3581452)
If money is an issue, you could just TRIM your existing flares......that's what I did.

That looks good man. But I'm going to custom make some flat piece that goes over the holes.

kjeeper10 04-03-2013 03:51 AM

Please stay on topic. If you can't answer the OP's question then move on.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.