Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF Site Help & Support (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/)
-   -   Android App is terrible! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/android-app-is-terrible-232423.html)

DukeofJeep 04-02-2013 11:23 PM

Android App is terrible!
 
Is this app going to be updated ever? Currently its terrible! Pics only show about 50% of the time, it constantly says contacting remote site etc...etc... There is enough people on this site, give us a good app especially for donating members.

JDsDream 04-02-2013 11:33 PM

Which app are you running? There are several available.

PHILDABEAST 04-03-2013 12:56 AM

There's more than one WF droid app??

DukeofJeep 04-03-2013 08:34 AM

I am running the WranglerForum app, tapatalk does not work with Wranglerforum. Please tell me of these other apps that work with the forum because in would love to use something else!

schnutzy 04-03-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHILDABEAST (Post 3587757)
There's more than one WF droid app??

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeofJeep (Post 3588258)
I am running the WranglerForum app, tapatalk does not work with Wranglerforum. Please tell me of these other apps that work with the forum because in would love to use something else!

I am guessing that the app you have is the old Forum runner version, i am not sure when the last update for this went out, but see if you can find it.
there is also an autoglide app for WF now that we fall under their umbrella, this will most likely be the standard WF app from now on.
however, the problems you are describing may not just be the app. ive noticed similar problems when i am in areas with poor reception, or where i dont have good 4g coverage.

DukeofJeep 04-03-2013 10:15 AM

The issues happen when I am on WiFi at home strong LTE doesn't seem to matter. Can you tell me how to get ahold of this auto glide app? I use the forums quite a bit and anything to improve the mobile experience would be great

DukeofJeep 04-03-2013 10:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is the contacting site screen I am very familiar with, you can see I am on WiFi here. And a shot of the app startup screen.

schnutzy 04-03-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeofJeep (Post 3588587)
The issues happen when I am on WiFi at home strong LTE doesn't seem to matter. Can you tell me how to get ahold of this auto glide app? I use the forums quite a bit and anything to improve the mobile experience would be great

out of curiosity, how do other apps behave when you are tethered to wifi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeofJeep (Post 3588638)
This is the contacting site screen I am very familiar with, you can see I am on WiFi here. And a shot of the app startup screen.

this should take you right to it.
Free Automotive, Car Mobile App - Apple & Android

DukeofJeep 04-03-2013 11:00 AM

I am on the new app and other than the massive adds:thumbdown: it is miles better than the other app:thumbup:. As far as apps behavior on WiFi... All but one of my apps (messaging) app works great. The messaging app will not work over WiFi.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

DukeofJeep 04-03-2013 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you can see half of the screen is ads but I will take what I can get!:D



Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

windingwilkie 05-26-2013 02:25 PM

Please help with inst. On posting pictures on forum from tablet using antroid.I'm not the sharpest on using computers/tablets.I have tried a few times from my tablet on antroid but without any luck at all.Any help would be most appreciated.Thanks and to all my fellow veterans THANK YOU for your service.
windingwilkie

Commando Solo 05-27-2013 02:19 PM

Well I cant post an example because first im over my attachment quota and second a screen shot would make it unseeable unless this is just a problem on the GS4 since it is new.... but when I open a picture in a thread it is very small and in the middle of the top half of my screen. I cant easily scroll through pictures in a thread either... this really needs to be fixed pronto or I will be heading over to JF more often.

PHILDABEAST 05-27-2013 02:40 PM

Same problem with my gs3, its not all pictures just most of them and its seems to get worse the faster my connection speed is, wifi its horrible, 4g still bad, 3g is a little better. WTF?

wwch99tj 05-27-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commando Solo (Post 3797309)
Well I cant post an example because first im over my attachment quota and second a screen shot would make it unseeable unless this is just a problem on the GS4 since it is new.... but when I open a picture in a thread it is very small and in the middle of the top half of my screen. I cant easily scroll through pictures in a thread either... this really needs to be fixed pronto or I will be heading over to JF more often.

Upload to photobucket and upload that way....
I have the same problems with my GS3...

Commando Solo 05-27-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwch99tj (Post 3797350)

Upload to photobucket and upload that way....
I have the same problems with my GS3...

Is there an easy way to do it with photobucket? Ive never known how

wwch99tj 05-27-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commando Solo (Post 3797372)

Is there an easy way to do it with photobucket? Ive never known how

An account is free and there is an app that I download pictures right from my phone to photobucket then use the "img" code and post it as regular text...


Hit the menu button and select view links
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...psbf08e21f.png
Select IMG code
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...ps66d29fcc.png

Commando Solo 05-27-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwch99tj (Post 3797453)

An account is free and there is an app that I download pictures right from my phone to photobucket then use the "img" code and post it as regular text...

Hit the menu button and select view links

Select IMG code

Oh okay, then just post the wording into the text box of my reply?

wwch99tj 05-28-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commando Solo (Post 3798280)

Oh okay, then just post the wording into the text box of my reply?

Yes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.