Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   tax refund mods (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/tax-refund-mods-232549.html)

tallzdatank 04-03-2013 02:17 PM

tax refund mods

I got my tax return. wasn't as big as I was hoping but it was enough to get a few repairs, and some cheap mods done to the ol girl.
Preston flush and fill kit- $3.97
gallon of unmixed coolant- $10.98
extra cig lighter plug and wiring, inline fuse and connectors- $9.65
para chord for door stop straps and rear grab handles- $15.00
growler fill from brewery- $6.00
and thats about all she wrote for me this year. how bout you guys?

RevCo666 04-03-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallzdatank (Post 3589763)
I got my tax return. wasn't as big as I was hoping but it was enough to get a few repairs, and some cheap mods done to the ol girl.
Preston flush and fill kit- $3.97
gallon of unmixed coolant- $10.98
extra cig lighter plug and wiring, inline fuse and connectors- $9.65
para chord for door stop straps and rear grab handles- $15.00
growler fill from brewery- $6.00
and thats about all she wrote for me this year. how bout you guys?

Mines already tied up before I even filed :( At the end of this month, I have an appointment to get both fenders redone (rust removed, welding repair, paint and undercoat them.) This is running me 400$ but my body man has done great work to a previous truck quarter panel that was rusting. So there goes my money but better to get this done then to let it rot more.

Jgood738 04-03-2013 02:46 PM

Few smaller things, but the big one will be an OME Ultimate Kit from DPG Offroad. :)

Atthehop 04-03-2013 03:14 PM

I never get a refund, why would I give the government my money to hold and get no interest in return. It's not really a refund it was your money in the first place.

A real refund is money they give you that you did not give them.

tallzdatank 04-03-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atthehop (Post 3589965)
I never get a refund, why would I give the government my money to hold and get no interest in return. It's not really a refund it was your money in the first place.

A real refund is money they give you that you did not give them.

actually a refund by definition is them giving you money that you gave them with no interest. they are RE- (the action of doing something over) FUND- (money) your thinking of a rebate.

Atthehop 04-03-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallzdatank (Post 3590001)
actually a refund by definition is them giving you money that you gave them with no interest. they are RE- (the action of doing something over) FUND- (money) your thinking of a rebate.

I know but why would you want to give it to them in the first place since they do not pay interest, not that you get a lot from the bank but you can always buy more beer with it as you earn it.

tallzdatank 04-03-2013 03:37 PM

sure, I see your point.

raramirez 04-03-2013 03:58 PM

I was thinking of rockers and fixing my TC drop. Its a good thing my birthday is around tax season!!

Shark_13 04-03-2013 04:45 PM

I'll probably end up paying....

but next project once parts show up are LED taillights & side markers. Then sell the stock rear housings w/blacked out lenses hopefully.