Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   Tires. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/tires-232681.html)

jeepchix 04-03-2013 11:42 PM

Tires.

I am getting new bigger tires! Here is what I narrowed it down to....
Nitto mud grappler
General grabber red label(they are heavy though)
Mickey Thompson claw
Tell me what you think!

Sinister6 04-04-2013 12:15 AM

I would stay away from the Mickey Thompson claw, They have a 23 angle just like a farm tractor tire ...which gives them great traction. The problem that comes with that angle is when you're backing up it becomes a rolling tire no traction.
I'm running the Mickey Thompson MTZ's and I'm really impressed with them! I've aired down to 9 pounds without bead locks with no problem at all.

jeepchix 04-04-2013 12:41 AM

I know they are totally a forward tire forshure because of the tread design, but is it That significant? I wheel hard but not the off camber stuff. To make backing up scary.

CoreyZ 04-04-2013 09:24 AM

Why are you going more mud tire than trail tire?

Justin04Lj 04-04-2013 10:06 AM

I've been incredibly happy and impressed with my general red letters. Great in snow mud and rocks.

BreckenridgeYJ 04-04-2013 12:39 PM

What are you running now? Pics looked like the maxxis creepy?

Sinister6 04-04-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepchix (Post 3592247)
I know they are totally a forward tire forshure because of the tread design, but is it That significant? I wheel hard but not the off camber stuff. To make backing up scary.

In my opinion yes it is! If you wheel by yourself like I do occasionally... Your tires should be able to move You forward as well as backwards...
It's the ONE time you absolutely have to be able to back up and you can't...
I just think there's a lot of tires out there that give you Better performance regardless of the direction you're traveling. LIKE I SAID I REALLY LIKE MY MTZ'S...

Ltblue 04-04-2013 01:57 PM

Which one do you like this best is what matters..

jeepchix 04-04-2013 07:23 PM

I do have maxxis but thats on my trail rig I want a mud tire, I am selling my bfg's and going to buy nittos if I can! I love 'em!

BreckenridgeYJ 04-09-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepchix (Post 3595318)
I do have maxxis but thats on my trail rig I want a mud tire, I am selling my bfg's and going to buy nittos if I can! I love 'em!

How do you like them? I've been considering for my tj.

Johnwbs 04-09-2013 08:44 AM

I've got nitto mud grapplers on mine. And I love them, haven't had any issues I couldn't get out of. They are a little noisy on the highway but I kinda like it. The gaps between the tread clear out on their own, in doing so it throws whatevers in there all over the place. But again, I dont mind. So no complaints here... Just wish they were a little cheaper.

jeepchix 04-10-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreckenridgeTJ (Post 3612821)
How do you like them? I've been considering for my tj.

I love em, my cj7 doesnt get driven much so I got these maxis 35/12.50/15
on dana44, and amc20.
1. DEEP lugs and great for every terrain but ice, clean in mud OMG I can crawl in mud its awesome!
2. Amazing sidwall, however I have to air them down to 6 but dont go there without beadlocks and throttle. The side wall is still so lots of airing down, I now do 10 in front 8 in back. I knew I cant afford beadlocks soon.
3. Amaxing sidewall, oh I said that? but they are really expensive when you hit size of 37.
-They make em sticky and non.

About the grapplers noise is just dandy, I dont care they look like a very good around tire.