Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/)
-   -   PA: TJ Console Subwoofer Enclosure (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/tj-console-subwoofer-enclosure-232867.html)

bmattie 04-04-2013 08:20 PM

TJ Console Subwoofer Enclosure

3 Attachment(s)
Up for sale is my center console sub woofer enclosure from my 03 rubicon TJ. This will fit right inside your center console and give you a nice thump when the top if off. These sell for $300 - I'm looking for $100 shipped.

This also comes with the factory amp and the factory wiring. The sub will need to be replaced. Let me know what questions you have,

I would really like to get rid of this so help me!

Thanks,

jeepwayoflife 04-04-2013 11:38 PM

That actually sounds like a good deal. For anyone wondering, yes this will fit in your center console even if it didn't come with one stock, but you will have to wire the amp to your stereo or remove the stock amp and put your own somewhere in the jeep. I did this swap and it made a big difference in my jeep. Good luck with the sale!

bmattie 04-05-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepwayoflife (Post 3596647)
That actually sounds like a good deal. For anyone wondering, yes this will fit in your center console even if it didn't come with one stock, but you will have to wire the amp to your stereo or remove the stock amp and put your own somewhere in the jeep. I did this swap and it made a big difference in my jeep. Good luck with the sale!

That's what I'm talking about! Yeah, even if you didn't want to use the factory amp you can just hook your own up and throw it under your dash!

bmattie 04-08-2013 08:35 AM

Bump?!

bmattie 04-12-2013 02:08 PM

Dropping it to $75 and I'll still ship it for free!

Message me if your interested!

Sgtnitro 04-12-2013 10:31 PM

Where are you located in Pa?

bmattie 04-12-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgtnitro
Where are you located in Pa?

Near williamsport pa...are you close?

Sgtnitro 04-13-2013 11:32 AM

Ouch. No i am in Philadelphia. Thanks anyway.

mrk130 04-15-2013 01:48 PM

You said the sub will need to replaced. Just to be sure, that is because its blown?

bmattie 04-15-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrk130 (Post 3639683)
You said the sub will need to replaced. Just to be sure, that is because its blown?

You are correct! I bought the jeep with it not working so I made my own.

mrk130 04-15-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmattie

Thanks. I'll be I touch if I decide to buy it from you.

jdeemer 04-15-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmattie (Post 3639715)

Not that I'm not interested in purchasing this from you, but how hard was it to make your own enclosure for a sub? Still debating whether or not I have time to invest in building one or just go for the purchase.

bmattie 04-16-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdeemer (Post 3640278)
Not that I'm not interested in purchasing this from you, but how hard was it to make your own enclosure for a sub? Still debating whether or not I have time to invest in building one or just go for the purchase.

It was bit of work and I kind of regretted it half way through - either way, I finished it and it sounds great. I ended up using a 10" sub in mine!

This is where I got my design from - it's a really good right up: 8" sub console project, pics inside... - JeepForum.com

Good Luck!

mang318 04-16-2013 10:49 PM

I've always wondered, how does a sub sound when the top is off?

bmattie 04-17-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mang318 (Post 3646175)
I've always wondered, how does a sub sound when the top is off?

SOLD!

When I first got my jeep, the sub console was blown and I could barely hear anything with the top off (or even on) unless you have the volume all the way up. It just sounded awful! The sub made a HUGE difference! You can actually hear, and feel, the music. I would HIGHLY recommend it, you will not be disappointed.

mang318 04-17-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmattie (Post 3647018)
SOLD!

When I first got my jeep, the sub console was blown and I could barely hear anything with the top off (or even on) unless you have the volume all the way up. It just sounded awful! The sub made a HUGE difference! You can actually hear, and feel, the music. I would HIGHLY recommend it, you will not be disappointed.

That's sweet! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to look into buying one some day.