Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Virginia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/)
-   -   Flagpole Knob Trip 4/27/2013 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/flagpole-knob-trip-4-27-2013-a-232945.html)

Reaper2332 04-05-2013 06:07 AM

Flagpole Knob Trip 4/27/2013
 
Hey guys and gals,
I am scheduling my next trip out to Flagpole Knob for April 27th. Last time out we had 13 rigs with us and it was insane. My goal is to get even more this time around. Also I was contemplating on making this a donation ride for Gyramax's (Doug) son (Kenny) who is currently hiking the AP trail. If anyone is interested in attending let me know, also let me know if your interested in this being a donation ride.

Reaper

QuietSpike 04-05-2013 06:26 AM

I'm out of town on the 27th. Sorry ill miss it. Had a frickin blast last time.

Reaper2332 04-05-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietSpike (Post 3597415)
I'm out of town on the 27th. Sorry ill miss it. Had a frickin blast last time.

That sucks man, hopefully see you on the next one.

danrb 04-05-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper2332 (Post 3597447)

That sucks man, hopefully see you on the next one.

Day or night time ride?

gyramax 04-05-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper2332 (Post 3597381)
Hey guys and gals,
I am scheduling my next trip out to Flagpole Knob for April 27th. Last time out we had 13 rigs with us and it was insane. My goal is to get even more this time around. Also I was contemplating on making this a donation ride for Gyramax's (Doug) son (Kenny) who is currently hiking the AP trail. If anyone is interested in attending let me know, also let me know if your interested in this being a donation ride.

Reaper

Reaper, I'm extremely touched and honored by the fact you would even consider doing this to help support my son on his thru-hike. I would love to attend and be part of this event, but I'm signed up for the "Wheelin' for Hope" event (a fund raiser for cancer research) that is being held at Oak Ridge Estate that same weekend. Regardless, my prayers and gratitude will be with you all, even if it turns out this is not a donation ride. I look forward to riding with you, Glenn, Dan and Mike again in the near future.
BTW, Kenny did hit the trail today and is now bound for the Smokies and the trail festival in Hot Springs, NC.

Reaper2332 04-05-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3597576)

Day or night time ride?

It will be a day ride, departing at the usual 7:30 - 7:45am time frame.

Reaper2332 04-05-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyramax (Post 3597850)
Reaper, I'm extremely touched and honored by the fact you would even consider doing this to help support my son on his thru-hike. I would love to attend and be part of this event, but I'm signed up for the "Wheelin' for Hope" event (a fund raiser for cancer research) that is being held at Oak Ridge Estate that same weekend. Regardless, my prayers and gratitude will be with you all, even if it turns out this is not a donation ride. I look forward to riding with you, Glenn, Dan and Mike again in the near future.
BTW, Kenny did hit the trail today and is now bound for the Smokies and the trail festival in Hot Springs, NC.

Not a problem Doug, Kenny is an extremely nice guy and he has shown lots of interest in becoming a fellow jeeper. I am hoping that we will be able to raise enough to help him through the hike and reimburse some costs of their unfortunate setback. Wish them the best for me! Depending on the situation and interest, I might reschedule the ride for may 11th.

gyramax 04-05-2013 01:54 PM

Jason, May11th or anytime other than April 27th would work for me if you do reschedule but go when it's best for your situation.
Thanks again,
Doug

sgtkersh 04-05-2013 03:52 PM

Sorry, we will miss the 27th. We are doing Big Dogs Ice Breaker that whole weekend at The Cove.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Gladi8r 04-05-2013 03:55 PM

I could do 27 April...I changed my schedule to be off Fridays & Saturdays...

Reaper2332 04-05-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladi8r (Post 3599169)
I could do 27 April...I changed my schedule to be off Fridays & Saturdays...

I might reschedule for the 11th of May, seems to be a lot of events on april 27th. Not sure yet though.

QuietSpike 04-05-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper2332 (Post 3599406)
I might reschedule for the 11th of May, seems to be a lot of events on april 27th. Not sure yet though.

Yeah yeah yeah....

It's my birthday may 11.:rolleyes:

I can probably do may 11.

danrb 04-06-2013 06:27 AM

I might want to go up on the 27th, since I have the kids and they didn't get to the top last time. I was thinking about going solo this weekend, but too many mods on my jeep to do.

Reaper2332 04-06-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3601305)
I might want to go up on the 27th, since I have the kids and they didn't get to the top last time. I was thinking about going solo this weekend, but too many mods on my jeep to do.

Do you have the kids on the 11th? What mods did you get?

sgtkersh 04-06-2013 08:03 AM

Man, we can't do the 11th either. We are doing Peters Mill Run and Taskers Gap with VA Jeep Offroad that day. Are any of y doing big dogs icebreaker at the end of the month?


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

danrb 04-06-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper2332 (Post 3601382)
Do you have the kids on the 11th? What mods did you get?

I don't know about the 11th, my ex keeps trading and I never have a clue. Adding an sPOD, rewiring stuff and a couple other odd ball things to install.

Reaper2332 04-06-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3601527)

I don't know about the 11th, my ex keeps trading and I never have a clue. Adding an sPOD, rewiring stuff and a couple other odd ball things to install.

That sucks because the 11th seems that we can get more people

danrb 04-06-2013 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper2332 (Post 3601612)

That sucks because the 11th seems that we can get more people

It doesn't mean I can't go.

I preped my jeep for new mud today.



Attachment 232322

Reaper2332 04-06-2013 10:58 AM

Also depending on the turnout we might try some other trails out there instead.

Gbobva 04-06-2013 11:40 AM

Im good with the 27th OR the 11th.

danrb 04-06-2013 06:46 PM

This time, it hopefully will be warm enough to have a nice lunch up there. I'm thinking of trying those camping spots out at the bottom by Switzer Dam.

Anyone else up for camping?

Reaper2332 04-06-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3603224)
This time, it hopefully will be warm enough to have a nice lunch up there. I'm thinking of trying those camping spots out at the bottom by Switzer Dam.

Anyone else up for camping?

Wish I could, but maybe later on in the summer we can do it.

QuietSpike 04-06-2013 07:07 PM

If I'm off, I'm down with camping... if you think you can put up with me for an entire night. Anyone going to be armed!? :)

danrb 04-06-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietSpike (Post 3603297)
If I'm off, I'm down with camping... if you think you can put up with me for an entire night. Anyone going to be armed!? :)

How long does it take for a concealed weapon permit here. I've been thinking of getting one since I'd like to do more camping with the kids.

gyramax 04-06-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3603421)
How long does it take for a concealed weapon permit here. I've been thinking of getting one since I'd like to do more camping with the kids.

Took us over 30 days to get ours here in Christiansburg (Montgomery County). There has been a mad rush to get them and things are backed up.

Reaper2332 04-06-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3603421)

How long does it take for a concealed weapon permit here. I've been thinking of getting one since I'd like to do more camping with the kids.

Don't need one in the state of va. Just open carry.

danrb 04-06-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper2332 (Post 3603546)
Don't need one in the state of va. Just open carry.

Need one to carry in a national forest.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting...ationalforests

danrb 04-07-2013 06:09 AM

11 May is Mother's day weekend. Maybe not good for some. My kids won't be able to come.

Gbobva 04-07-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3603421)
How long does it take for a concealed weapon permit here. I've been thinking of getting one since I'd like to do more camping with the kids.

In FAIRFAX county (notoriously slow) it took me about 7 weeks to get mine. I submitted my DD214 along with my NRA Concealed Carry class certificate.

But if your application has not been denied, or approved within 45 days from submission, the application itself becomes the permit.

Gbobva 04-07-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3603593)
Need one to carry in a national forest.

Public Hunting Lands

Only when it is outside of hunting season (pretty much ANY hunting season) if I read it correctly.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.