Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Illinois Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f107/)
-   -   southern Il. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f107/southern-il-232968.html)

Big M73 04-05-2013 09:31 AM

southern Il.

Anyone know of some trails in southern Illinois say from Carbondale area down?

rotorman 11-17-2013 10:00 AM

hell yes, clear springs wilderness,miles of trails in 40 mile radius,,,,make sure plenty gas, food first aid and someone knows where you've gone....snakes, mountain lions, panther and bobcats,,,carry weapon and no kids! go to Harrisburg to pankeyville and hundreds of miles . go to fire trail road.....2ncd highest point in Illinois....same as above....lots more, I go all the time. these are hard core trails , take camera....take from old SEAL.....a blast

rotorman 11-17-2013 10:36 AM

old rt. 13 to 127, 2cnd left at alto pass right overpass come to T - left bald knob stay right. milligan hill rd, Hickam rd (sharp left downhill-) rattlesnake ferry rd to pine hills rd, first left to la rue pines hills 2cnd clear springs wilderness (sign up in tree line) orange marker 345. over concrete bridge, 1 of 2, after that straight to river or before right and start driving...........................remember get stuck there no help and after dark stay in vehicle.....ive seen 200 lb. mountain lions setting in big tree eating deer, black panther and 2 cubs, and well ......bigger things.

rotorman 11-17-2013 11:04 AM

I cannot believe there are no posts in this section, we have the best down here, actually the best part of Illinois, wilderness.......this is true jeep country, been north (insert motorboat sounds here)... cmon guys post, my favorite trails are in Montana near Dillon, hundreds of miles on just one trail, just beautiful. I load jeep on U-Haul car carrier and go....saves those 300 + dollar tires.......

rotorman 11-17-2013 11:45 AM

try bill hill hollow rd. outside of carrier mills/ off rt. 13 on way to Harrisburg. fun family trail, has a little of everything...stay on trail stinkin game warden hides ( gets paid to do nothing) on back trails off main. youll never see them if on main trail. only thing worse than one cop is two.

mudslingr 11-19-2013 05:33 PM

Bill hill hollow is actually dirt ? Good to hear , last time I went to mud rd in carbondale ... It took awhile to find

The Man In Black 11-21-2013 07:38 AM

You should come to marselles il sunday cliffs insane terrian 9 to 4

mudslingr 11-21-2013 07:53 PM

I would, but my work schedule is in the way ! :/ I did check out the bill hill hollow rd... By far my favorite road in southern Illinois

rotorman 01-08-2014 01:25 PM

ok now south out of pankeyville turn hard left to raum ,go straight follow rough rock trail road to roses ford(where rose(tough old mountain women) had settlement with indians along river and traded fresh meat from Indians while men built rafts to cross at war bluff). war bluff is where how west was won movie and jimmy stewart went to see varmit in hole with girl. or bear right and if you know the right turn(I do) goes to indian encampment where Indians buried in wall along river and cave where they lived. very wild country but what you can see is wow...so much history... ask me... know lots more...better hurry im movin to Colorado.....years of new trails,,,,http://www.funtreks.com/colorado-tra...do-trails,,,go to photos of trails click on and spend hour lookin at the most beautiful trails..... and now legal to smoke at campfire ,,,cool

rotorman 01-25-2014 10:03 AM

mudslingr.......when you go to bill hill hollow rd..don't turn at house keep going straight (east)5-7 miles no turn offs you"ll finally come to trail (gravel rd.) to very old cemetery on right(little white crosses on graves) turns into trail , I drove 2 hours and never came to end....lots of mud holes that were no problem,,,open fields and a good ride.

rotorman 01-25-2014 10:31 AM

High Knob, IL

37.600281,-88.328056.....when your family wants to go for ride take a day and drive here,,mellow trails but the view,,,,wow....bring camera.

Aharmon5050 02-16-2014 08:48 AM

I'm n Sparta il if you guys ever want to catch up n do some wheeling let me me know. We need a group down this way

Big M73 02-18-2014 09:02 AM

I'm finishing up some mods on my yj but would love to try out some of those trails this spring. What kinda of obstacles are there? I've been to turkey bay and smorr.

rotorman 02-19-2014 06:42 AM

if pic is of your jeep NP...whats cool about trails is usually a work around, so many trails in south ,southern il. ive spent my life on and off here and burned out, moving to Colorado, my first trail there will be most dangerous in Colorado, black bear trail, above (way fn above)Oulay, Colorado,,swiss alps of Colorado and jeep capital of the world. on you tube there is video of husband /wife doing trail ,,funniest thing ive seen ,wife having kittens going down,,,what a view...WOW!!!!!

rotorman 02-19-2014 06:51 AM

BLACK BEAR PASS, CO: OFFROAD - YouTube