Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Georgia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f70/)
-   -   New ride in Toccoa (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f70/new-ride-in-toccoa-233557.html)

jkdreams 04-07-2013 07:27 PM

New ride in Toccoa
 
Well I got out of my Sunday morning obligations early enough to get on the trail. Headed up to Toccoa, GA and found a great FSR that runs south from Tallulah Gorge to the Tugaloo River. Here it is on ramblr

http://www.ramblr.com/web/mymap/trip...eraspring/7903

dee1025 04-07-2013 07:44 PM

Looks cool we will have to check it out.

mlemoine 04-07-2013 08:40 PM

Awesome!

jkdreams 04-07-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee1025 (Post 3607036)
Looks cool we will have to check it out.

I don't think it's that far from your other trail. Can you tell me how to get to that one?

Michigunman 04-08-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdreams (Post 3607869)
I don't think it's that far from your other trail. Can you tell me how to get to that one?

If you mean Bend N Hickory (Dodd RD) looks like you drove right past both ends of it. So not too far :D.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...1&d=1361625198

jkdreams 04-08-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michigunman (Post 3609617)

If you mean Bend N Hickory (Dodd RD) looks like you drove right past both ends of it. So not too far :D.

Lol. Thanks. I've never rode that one. Have you?

What do you think of the Ramblr site. It's an awesome app.

My next mod on the jeep might be a mount for my camera phone to get better trail shots. In all of these vids, I'm driving with one hand. :)

jkdreams 04-08-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlemoine (Post 3607319)
Awesome!

It was. Are you near there or are you coming from ATL?

Michigunman 04-08-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdreams (Post 3609681)
Lol. Thanks. I've never rode that one. Have you?

What do you think of the Ramblr site. It's an awesome app.

My next mod on the jeep might be a mount for my camera phone to get better trail shots. In all of these vids, I'm driving with one hand. :)

That app is pretty neat how you can tag the photos and videos on the map.

Yeah I rode Bend N Hickory. Not super long but has couple fun spots and off shoots.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-L...Dcrew1+046.JPG

This is an off shoot.
Bend N Hickory Hill Climb 1 - YouTube

Check page 5 and 6 of the DD Crew thread for more.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f70/dd-crew-217307-5.html

mlemoine 04-08-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdreams (Post 3609684)
It was. Are you near there or are you coming from ATL?

I live in Woodstock, so it would be a hike for me!

jkdreams 04-08-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michigunman (Post 3609772)
That app is pretty neat how you can tag the photos and videos on the map.

Yeah I rode Bend N Hickory. Not super long but has couple fun spots and off shoots.

This is an off shoot.
Bend N Hickory Hill Climb 1 - YouTube

Check page 5 and 6 of the DD Crew thread for more.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f70/dd-crew-217307-5.html

Wow. If we put these two rides together, that would make for a fun day. The FSR that was the most challenging was a fun downhill but could be a slow monsterous uphill (I'd like to try it that way, I came mostly downhill on this run).

cleveland99 04-08-2013 04:15 PM

No more than cashes was

cleveland99 04-08-2013 04:16 PM

I mean as far as drive goes

jkdreams 04-08-2013 04:28 PM

Toccoa is 1 hr 48 minutes from Woodstock.

Add or subtract yourselves as necessary.

cleveland99 04-08-2013 04:31 PM

How far was cashes

WHOMPWHOMP 04-25-2013 08:14 PM

I live n TOCCOA bend n hickory can be a challenge n spots,also there is a old trail called HARVEST TIME needs to be trimmed down of some of the limbs hanging out,its off OAK VALLEY ROAD.Sure would like to go hit a few trails with some of u guys if ever in the area...

Fireaxe 04-25-2013 09:50 PM

Any of these rides stock friendly...or bypasses.

dee1025 04-26-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHOMPWHOMP (Post 3683351)
I live n TOCCOA bend n hickory can be a challenge n spots,also there is a old trail called HARVEST TIME needs to be trimmed down of some of the limbs hanging out,its off OAK VALLEY ROAD.Sure would like to go hit a few trails with some of u guys if ever in the area...

I'm up that way just about every other weekend. My girlfriend is from there. Next time I'm up ill give u a shout. Pm me your number.

WHOMPWHOMP 04-27-2013 03:17 PM

Fireaxe
 
youtube bend n hickory toccoa ga. there are some guys on here that went thru and most of them look basically stock,or u can give TREY MTN. a try

dee1025 04-27-2013 03:26 PM

I be been through everything on bend n hickory and tray mtn


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.