Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Spiderweb Shade (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/spiderweb-shade-233714.html)

thebman90 04-08-2013 02:25 PM

Spiderweb Shade

Thinking about getting one. Any of you that have one, are you pleased? It says it can be a one-time install... I have a hard top, so when I put the freedom panels back on, they will still fit perfectly?

Also, I am wondering if I should only cover the driver and passenger or go ahead and get the one that covers the back as well. I don't take the whole top off as much as I want to only because I have no place to store it (yet).
Any pics would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

run1stride2nd 04-08-2013 02:27 PM

Pictures on their website are pretty good. IF you need to see more, just post another message and I can take some for you, of what you are looking to see.

We just installed ours. It stays on 24/7 with our soft top. Been riding around the last 2 days with the top off, and the spiderwebshade does a nice job buffeting some of the wind in the front seat, and keeping the sun glare completely off the eyes from above. Looking forward to all summer with the top off (on dry days).

We got the Full Cover version as well, covers over front and back seats.

WesterM3 04-08-2013 02:30 PM

no problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebman90 (Post 3609971)
Thinking about getting one. Any of you that have one, are you pleased? It says it can be a one-time install... I have a hard top, so when I put the freedom panels back on, they will still fit perfectly?

Also, I am wondering if I should only cover the driver and passenger or go ahead and get the one that covers the back as well. I don't take the whole top off as much as I want to only because I have no place to store it (yet).
Thanks

I've got the full version on mine and also have a hard top, no problems. I actually leave it on all year, the hardtop still fits perfect and you'll love it in the summer with the top off.

SuperTJ 04-08-2013 02:32 PM

I have one on my 2006 and it stays on all the time. I had one on my 2010. I just had to release the front strap to make it easier to latch the various tops.

mrbullitt 04-08-2013 03:11 PM

Love mine!! Like above, it stays on whether the top is it or down. And the whole 10 degrees cooler in the cab is completely true too.

marc1230 04-08-2013 03:17 PM

The shade is good - if you have tall back seat riders (JK) it will touch the back of their heads and annoy them. I had it on last summer - didn't remove it when putting up the soft top. It does hinder a bit if you are used to putting the soft top up from the inside - you can't. All in all - I like it and will use it again this summer

suicideking 04-08-2013 03:31 PM

I also leave mine on with the hard top. Only pain in getting the hard top back on is the two bolts that go through the sound bar. They have to line up perfectly.

I stopped putting those bolts back in and now it's easy to get the top back on. I left the bolts out all winter and no leaking.

I like being able to take off just the front tops and have the shade there. I went wheeling yesterday and it was cold in the morning, so left the top on. It warmed up in the afternoon, so took off just the front. I really like being able to use it that way.

cmaggi2 04-08-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebman90 (Post 3609971)

Thanks

I'm pleased w/ mine. I have a soft top, but I can use the sunrider w/o much effort.

I like the look of the bikini top better, but wanted to cover the kids (not tall) so I got the full trail mesh version. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like you could flip the back forward (or front backwards) when you only want half the Jeep covered. I may try that on the way home actually...

thebman90 04-08-2013 07:35 PM

Thanks for all the input guys! I will make my purchase soon!

andysvette1 04-08-2013 08:04 PM

I got mine in Moab at the vender show. Looks to be good but have yet to get it on. They didn't have red so they shipped it to my doorstep for $100. (JKU)

DallasJKU 04-08-2013 10:20 PM

I had one on my TJ and it was great so I ordered one for my JKU. All I have to say is I ordered it at 5am Saturday morning and it was shipped at 9am Saturday. I received it today. I wish more businesses would have customer service like this!!

DaK 04-09-2013 06:36 AM

Get the full one.

We got the one that only covers the driver and passenger and out here with the sun beating down you and the back of your neck, wish I'd gotten the full version.

Ours stays on with both tops year round with no issues.

kcasey 04-09-2013 08:27 AM

Love mine. best 70 bucks i have spent so far!. im going to get another / diff color i like red with my all black wrangler

Rancho 04-09-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysvette1 (Post 3611244)
I got mine in Moab at the vender show. Looks to be good but have yet to get it on. They didn't have red so they shipped it to my doorstep for $100. (JKU)

I got mine in Moab too. Just need it to stop snowing so I can take the top off and install this shade. :dance:

Sylverion 04-09-2013 12:48 PM

Question for you all. I've got the spidershade installed, but there are no holes in it for the big bolts to go through that hold the freedom panels down. I've just been running without those connected with no problems so far. Everyone else do that too?

JeepHerz 04-09-2013 12:49 PM

Get it. You'll love it. The UV protection does work and it will cool your Jeep immensely. I drive around in 90 + degrees with the top off but Spidey Shade on and am comfortable. It WILL take away from the "open" feel- but keeping cool and not worrying about slathering myself in sunscreen it well worth it.

suicideking 04-09-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylverion (Post 3614313)
Question for you all. I've got the spidershade installed, but there are no holes in it for the big bolts to go through that hold the freedom panels down. I've just been running without those connected with no problems so far. Everyone else do that too?

I left the bolts out all fall and winter. Didn't have any problems during rain or anything. I don't plan on putting them back in.

BeachJeepJK 04-09-2013 01:10 PM

Best and one of the cheapest upgrades to date. I only run it with my soft top, but it appears the ahrd top can be utilized with no issues. You'll love it. I have the full version, stops the blazing sun and has visibility. I recommend surprise paracord straps as well...really pulls it all together with the color combinations available.

tdbohannon 04-09-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylverion (Post 3614313)

There is a version (I think a 'newer' version?) that has grommets for the freedom panel bolts to go through. I however take mine off with the hard top since the holes never seem to line up straight for the bolts to go through.

Sylverion 04-09-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdbohannon (Post 3614661)
There is a version (I think a 'newer' version?) that has grommets for the freedom panel bolts to go through. I however take mine off with the hard top since the holes never seem to line up straight for the bolts to go through.

Cool, thanks. Come to think of it, as stretchy as this thing is, lining up the holes would probably be near impossible anyway.

Tweak 04-09-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbullitt (Post 3610138)
Love mine!! Like above, it stays on whether the top is it or down. And the whole 10 degrees cooler in the cab is completely true too.

I totally thought I was in a sunsetter retractable awning commercial there for a second!

I may push the button on one next payday

legitposter 04-09-2013 03:37 PM

I love my jkini. It stays on, over the front, including when the freedom panels are installed.

DCR-13JK 04-09-2013 04:04 PM

Thanks to thread started. First I had seen of these. Really liked what I saw and read about them and just ordered a jk full cover version trail mesh 2 minutes ago. Can't wait to get it on.

Gladi8r 04-09-2013 04:24 PM

Do you have to take your hardtop completely off to install JKini or can you do it by just taking off the Freedom Panels? Also, I have an SPOD installed, will that be a problem? Thanks!

thebman90 04-09-2013 04:25 PM

Awesome. I am really looking forward to getting it. I think I am going with the one that covers the front and rear.

DCR-13JK 04-09-2013 04:28 PM

I got the full cause my little 4 y/o girl loves to ride with the top off and her skin is like porcelain. So I wanted to protect her a bit.

music_man185 04-09-2013 04:30 PM

i asked this question in another thread, but would like to get as much info as possible....

for those of you with the jkini version, does it supply enough shade for the driver and passenger seats even when the sun is kinda behind you?

i like the hidden look of the jkini over the others that extend to the rear seats. but i'm afraid the sun will still come in with the jkini version unless the sun is right over top of you. i would rarely have passengers in the rear, so i'm not concerned about shading the rear seats. my only concern is driver and passenger

DCR-13JK 04-09-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man185 (Post 3615197)
i asked this question in another thread, but would like to get as much info as possible....

for those of you with the jkini version, does it supply enough shade for the driver and passenger seats even when the sun is kinda behind you?

i like the hidden look of the jkini over the others that extend to the rear seats. but i'm afraid the sun will still come in with the jkini version unless the sun is right over top of you. i would rarely have passengers in the rear, so i'm not concerned about shading the rear seats. my only concern is driver and passenger

I read a few places where people that bought that one did complain about the sun coming from the rear and wished they had gotten the bigger one. U can get the one that covers the front and back but doesn't come all the way down in the back like the full version.

cmaggi2 04-09-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylverion (Post 3614862)

Cool, thanks. Come to think of it, as stretchy as this thing is, lining up the holes would probably be near impossible anyway.

I don't have a hard top, but my grommets are being used with the ball rope through the holes.

cmaggi2 04-09-2013 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 233998