Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Discount Tire Direct - Tremendous Company (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/discount-tire-direct-tremendous-company-234039.html)

Lynskey 04-09-2013 10:17 AM

Discount Tire Direct - Tremendous Company

I truly appreciate good service. But when I receive excellent service from a company who go out of their way to ensure a customer is completely satisfied - that is worth mentioning.

I sent a PM to Discount Tire Direct and received a near-instant response with a full quotation, the WF discount, all Mfg discounts and rebates, all of the compatability info and how it will be put together - on a weekend. That is service.

I just called them today to place my order for a new wheelset and TC on the phone knows Jeeps, knows wheels and knows what you want/need. He had every question I had covered and informed me on a few I did not even think of. They had the tires, wheels, lock kit all in stock and will be delivered to my door at a great price in 4 days. Plus they have the tire protection package which to me is cheap insurance. You can't get any better than that.

Definately consider DTD for wheels. Now I am off to order the other needed items so I can put on the wheels. New Tereflex HD carrier, Pro-Cal and bump stops on the way.

XD Series Addicts, 17 x 9, black
285/70/17 Duratracs
Black wheel locks

termite 04-09-2013 10:32 AM

I did not deal with DTD, but a local DT and frankly I was more than pleased with the excellent service. Prior to that I went back and forth with the DT rep hear on the forum about some questions I had and received quick and detailed responses. I would recommend Discount Tire to anyone who was looking to purchase new wheels and tires.

Avera7268 04-09-2013 10:42 AM

The best Wheel and Tire company out there.

Miser 04-09-2013 11:06 AM

Discount tire Company is the largest independently owned tire company in the Nation. I have been doing business with them ever since they have been in Phoenix for about 29 years. I have purchased both wheels and tires, plus their road hazard warranty throughout this time frame. Their prices can not be beaten. They are great to do business with and they do torque all of your wheels at the factory recommended torque.
They are based out of Scottsdale Arizona, "Home Office" about 20 minutes from my home. Their base is right next to a major Hospital where I use to work.
Just as a FYI, when you purchase a new vehicle, then they will sell you their road hazard warranty on the tires at the same cost as if you just purchased new tire from them. As soon as I got my new Rubicon I went in to one of their stores, it cost me $152.00 and now my tires are covered for the life of the tire against road hazard/blow outs, nails and they will rebalance and rotate when needed free of charge with this warranty.
This is a great value for the money!!! And no I don't work for them...........

kjeeper10 04-09-2013 11:17 AM

:thumb: :thumb:

Discount Tire 04-11-2013 09:31 AM

Thank you for all your kind words and thank you for your support in Discount Tire. There is nothing better than coming in to work in the morning and reading comments like this. I was a customer of Discount Tire before I started working here over 6 years ago. Discount Tire treated me right every time I went into one of the stores and they helped me in a pinch more than once. Now that I work here I can tell you that internally, this company is no different than the way it appears in our stores. The owner, Mr. Halle, watches out for each of his over 15,000 employees and we all work very hard to do whats right for our customers even if it comes at a $$ loss to us.

Thank you again for your support here, we will keep working hard for you.

Travis

p.s. I'll be sharing your comments with my co-workers today.

Lynskey 04-11-2013 11:23 AM

:thumb:

Keep up the good work. And I forgot to mention DTD immediately sent the order confirmation and then the shipment tracking # so I can stalk UPS trucks in the area. :D

Old Dogger 04-11-2013 11:44 AM

I recently also purchased their road hazard warranty on my 2013 Wrangler tires.
I have been doing business with them for years here in Arizona and they are definitely the BEST OF THE BEST!!!
In the past I purchased a set of chrome 20 inch wheels and tires for my Escalade. I used them for about a month and decided that I should have purchased 22 inch instead. I went back into their store and asked if I could get any kind of a trade in on 22's. Their store Managers name was Chris Lowery. Chris called the home office and talked with their GM and she told him to give me a complete full refund toward the 22s, because they always want their customers satisfied. This is Service that just can't be beaten!!!

COStrider 04-11-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miser
Discount tire Company is the largest independently owned tire company in the Nation. I have been doing business with them ever since they have been in Phoenix for about 29 years. I have purchased both wheels and tires, plus their road hazard warranty throughout this time frame. Their prices can not be beaten. They are great to do business with and they do torque all of your wheels at the factory recommended torque.
They are based out of Scottsdale Arizona, "Home Office" about 20 minutes from my home. Their base is right next to a major Hospital where I use to work.
Just as a FYI, when you purchase a new vehicle, then they will sell you their road hazard warranty on the tires at the same cost as if you just purchased new tire from them. As soon as I got my new Rubicon I went in to one of their stores, it cost me $152.00 and now my tires are covered for the life of the tire against road hazard/blow outs, nails and they will rebalance and rotate when needed free of charge with this warranty.
This is a great value for the money!!! And no I don't work for them...........

Agreed. You can also purchase lifetime rotation and balance on tires you didn't buy from them. I've done that several times for around $60 (vehicles I bought new). The headquarters facility is beautiful and so is the retail store next door! Pulled right in and got a pressure adjustment in the garage in the shade! Best customer service ALWAYS!

jmartinb 04-11-2013 11:57 AM

Based on this feedback, I'll be ordering my new wheels and tired from Discount Tire. It's great to hear about a company who cares about its customers AND its employees!

NFRs2000NYC 04-11-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discount Tire (Post 3623108)
Thank you for all your kind words and thank you for your support in Discount Tire. There is nothing better than coming in to work in the morning and reading comments like this. I was a customer of Discount Tire before I started working here over 6 years ago. Discount Tire treated me right every time I went into one of the stores and they helped me in a pinch more than once. Now that I work here I can tell you that internally, this company is no different than the way it appears in our stores. The owner, Mr. Halle, watches out for each of his over 15,000 employees and we all work very hard to do whats right for our customers even if it comes at a $$ loss to us.

Thank you again for your support here, we will keep working hard for you.

Travis

p.s. I'll be sharing your comments with my co-workers today.

I have bought many sets from Discount tire, and have always received stellar service. Having said that, someone in your office needs to get Goodyear to make a duratrac in 35x12.50x15. Get it done, and pizza and beer for your sales team on me! Ever see Shawshank Redemption? :D Have everyone in your office send a letter a week to goodyear demanding they make the tire!

joeuncool 04-11-2013 12:45 PM

Discount Tire has the best customer service of ANY business I have ever dealt with. I am not just talking tire companies.

Purchased a new car from an out of town dealer. A couple weeks later I was back in that town with the same new car. Picked up a large screw in the tire. Noticed it because I could hear the clicking on the pavement. Just happened to be a couple of blocks from the same dealer so took the car back to them to see if they would fix it for me before I got back on the highway to go home. Dealer wouldn't do. Said I could bring it back the next day and they would do it. I was on my way out of town to go back home when I picked up the screw. I left the dealer extremely unhappy.

As I left the dealer, I saw a Discount Tire across the street. Stopped in there and they had the tire repaired in 30 minutes. Knowing that I didn't purchase the tires there I expected to pay. "No charge. Just remember Discount Tire the next time you buy tires." I had bought a couple of sets of tires from Discount previous to this. This happened back in 1990. Due to this and many, many other great experiences I have had at Discount I always remember Discount Tire when I buy tires. As a matter of fact that is the ONLY place I think of. I have so many stories of great service here. This is only one of many stories during my 26 years of doing business with them.

People talk about Disney as the shining example of service? Pfft, Discount Tire any day.

mrbullitt 04-11-2013 12:50 PM

Is there a Single Dad Discount?!?! lol Jk Jk. But in all seriousness, as a single dad/home owner I have to make sure to shop around as much as possible before buying something, and DTD has the lowest prices on the best tires! And whenever I have had a question on anything, they are very quick to respond with exactly what I need. Will definitely be buying my 33s and 15s from them.

kjeeper10 04-11-2013 01:02 PM

I think DT needs a store local to me ... CT Thanks : D

NFRs2000NYC 04-11-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 3623849)
I think DT needs a store local to me ... CT Thanks : D

NJ as well!

JEEPbug 04-11-2013 01:20 PM

I drove my family from Chicago to Phoenix Arizona last spring to visit extended family. Somewhere in New Mexico I hit a major hole in the freeway, and must have knocked a weight off the inside of one of the rims. We were in my conversion van and let me tell you... This created a major "wobble" problem. When we finally got to Phoenix I looked for the nearest discount tire. It was actual located in Gilbert Az. They seemed exited to see out of Towners and we got the best service I have ever received from a business. When they were all done I opened my wallet and the managers response was "enjoy the rest of your trip!" No charge. They have a customer for life!

ESP 04-11-2013 01:58 PM

Who is this Discount Tires you speakith thou? Sounds like a great place to buy tires. :angel:

kjeeper10 04-11-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP (Post 3624087)
Who is this Discount Tires you speakith thou? Sounds like a great place to buy tires. :angel:

Lol

freedomrider 04-11-2013 02:12 PM

I whole heartedly agree DTD is the best

speedguy 04-11-2013 02:13 PM

+1. They have also provided exceptional customer service to me over the past 6 years.

COStrider 04-11-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC

I have bought many sets from Discount tire, and have always received stellar service. Having said that, someone in your office needs to get Goodyear to make a duratrac in 35x12.50x15. Get it done, and pizza and beer for your sales team on me! Ever see Shawshank Redemption? :D Have everyone in your office send a letter a week to goodyear demanding they make the tire!

Nice. How bout 37" Duratracs too, while you're at it!!!

Just saw headquarters last week. Hope your checkbook is DEEP :)

Sweet Shawshank reference

Miser 04-11-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COStrider (Post 3623598)
Agreed. You can also purchase lifetime rotation and balance on tires you didn't buy from them. I've done that several times for around $60 (vehicles I bought new). The headquarters facility is beautiful and so is the retail store next door! Pulled right in and got a pressure adjustment in the garage in the shade! Best customer service ALWAYS!

The retail store next door is one of their newest stores. The only current problem is that Scottsdale road is once again tore up under construction. I really shouldn't complain, because the construction company performing the repair is the one that I was their equipment Manager, but now I am retired and it is great.................:punk:

Jackster3 04-11-2013 04:21 PM

A great company! I dealt with Wyatt when i called up and he was more than helpful. I told him exactly what i wanted and we even shot the breeze for a couple minutes while he fixed me up. Great experience and great products. They'll see my business again in the future!

Miser 04-11-2013 04:32 PM

I just talked with Discount tires Regional office and hopefully our thread and posts will make it's way up to there owner!
Obviously they have trained their employees with one goal in mind and that is customer satisfaction!!!

Rancho 04-11-2013 04:36 PM

Travis and his crew are stand up individuals. Glad to call them friends. :beer:

NFRs2000NYC 04-11-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COStrider (Post 3624274)
Nice. How bout 37" Duratracs too, while you're at it!!!

Just saw headquarters last week. Hope your checkbook is DEEP :)

Sweet Shawshank reference

Nah, no need for 37" Duratracs. Most people that rock 37s want 100% MTs. However, I am looking to upgrade my 33s to 35s , and if I want 35x1250x15, I have to shop elsewhere. I think many MANY would buy them, especially if they were lighter than the average 35" tire. As of right now, I will be forced to go to their competitor (BFGOODRICH). Missing a piece of the market me thinks.

Discount Tire 04-11-2013 06:12 PM

You guys crack me up. Thanks again for all the comments and praise. I too would love to see the Duratrac in a 35x12.50R15. The Duratrac is one of the most popular tires we sell and it certainly would sell in 35".

I'm not sure how this is happening in a bunch of our stores but you guys need to see these... I hope you enjoy these as much as I do... I'm now trying to get my office to film one... (Search Youtube for "Discount Tire Harlem shake")

http://youtu.be/UCLZ1yZD1K8

nickmimi 04-11-2013 06:49 PM

Recenlty bought a set of Duratracs and level 8 trackers from DTD. Great guys, fast shipping, best price I could find. Great customer service.

NFRs2000NYC 04-11-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discount Tire (Post 3625014)
You guys crack me up. Thanks again for all the comments and praise. I too would love to see the Duratrac in a 35x12.50R15. The Duratrac is one of the most popular tires we sell and it certainly would sell in 35".

I'm not sure how this is happening in a bunch of our stores but you guys need to see these... I hope you enjoy these as much as I do... I'm now trying to get my office to film one... (Search Youtube for "Discount Tire Harlem shake")

HARLEM SHAKE DISCOUNT TIRE - YouTube

Jesus, not you guys too.....that crap has gotten WAY out of control. I'll give you a pass thanks to the dude rolling the tire through the film.:punk:

WatchThis! 04-11-2013 08:10 PM

I will use them every chance I get. Cant beat the price around he