Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Aev 2.5 lift (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/aev-2-5-lift-234050.html)

JH17 04-09-2013 10:52 AM

Aev 2.5 lift
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 233837

My 2.5 aev duel sport lift, geo brackets, and savegre wheels arrived yesterday! The only decision left is tires, duratracs in 285/70r17 or 315/70r17? I have a 2013 jku, manual, 6 speed and don't want to regear, so I'm leaning towards the 33s.

I should be installing the lift in a couple weeks (got some business in Africa) so I have some time to decide.

Any suggestions, hints, or practical advice on the tires and/or the lift is welcome!

Thanks all!

AsimpsonJk 04-09-2013 10:58 AM

I am running close to the same setup with 35s and have a 12 sport 6 speed and hardly notice the additional tire weight. I live in a flat area so that could be why but I'm still averaging 18-19 mpg. The 3.6 liter engine is strong. 6th is not to useful unless your going 60mph or above but it's not that big of a deal. Like I said I live in a flat area so that plays a big roll. I and I'm running with 3.21 gears. The biggest thing I noticed is the stopping distance when you get 35s.

AsimpsonJk 04-09-2013 11:07 AM

Some advice get a AEV proCal to reprogram after you upgrade your tire size. Or your speedo and odometer will be off and the dash MPG.

kjeeper10 04-09-2013 11:16 AM

:thumb:

stzd8 04-09-2013 11:19 AM

I am getting the same lift installed but plan to use same 17" stock wheels. Right now I got 245/75/17 but plan on replacing to 265/70/17. Will I need to use the Pro Cal too?

JH17 04-09-2013 11:34 AM

I wasn't sure about getting the procal before with only 33" tires, but the more I read I think I'll be ordering it shortly, it seams to keep the esc working correctly.

There are a lot of hills around here ( this part of Kansas is not as flat as I thought it would be) but i do have 3.73 gears. I'm starting to sway towards 35s...

AsimpsonJk 04-09-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JH17 (Post 3614009)
I wasn't sure about getting the procal before with only 33" tires, but the more I read I think I'll be ordering it shortly, it seams to keep the esc working correctly.

There are a lot of hills around here ( this part of Kansas is not as flat as I thought it would be) but i do have 3.73 gears. I'm starting to sway towards 35s...

If you can get 35 go for it. You'll regret it later down the road. Id rather lose mpgs and get what I want rather than go with a smaller tire to get maybe 2-3 more mpg. In my mind its not worth it for 2 mpg. And yea procals are very worth the buy. If you do decide to re gear you can change the setting for that also. There are many function that the proCal can do that are not very often talked about. Like center steering wheel mode, tpms mode, you can also control what lights come on whit your daytime running light. Id say the best 150$ I've ever spent on my jeep so far.

JH17 04-09-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsimpsonJk (Post 3614066)

If you can get 35 go for it. You'll regret it later down the road. Id rather lose mpgs and get what I want rather than go with a smaller tire to get maybe 2-3 more mpg. In my mind its not worth it for 2 mpg. And yea procals are very worth the buy. If you do decide to re gear you can change the setting for that also. There are many function that the proCal can do that are not very often talked about. Like center steering wheel mode, tpms mode, you can also control what lights come on whit your daytime running light. Id say the best 150$ I've ever spent on my jeep so far.

Do you have an aftermarket spare carrier? Or are you running the stock? I've heard the weight of the 35 causes problems on the stock carrier/tailgate.

JScullz 04-09-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JH17 (Post 3613847)
Attachment 233837

My 2.5 aev duel sport lift, geo brackets, and savegre wheels arrived yesterday! The only decision left is tires, duratracs in 285/70r17 or 315/70r17? I have a 2013 jku, manual, 6 speed and don't want to regear, so I'm leaning towards the 33s.

I should be installing the lift in a couple weeks (got some business in Africa) so I have some time to decide.

Any suggestions, hints, or practical advice on the tires and/or the lift is welcome!

Thanks all!

I have bounced back and forth between this lift and the TF 2.5" w/ shocks. I am saving up to do tires and lift all at once. So, I am eager to hear your experience with this lift! :thumb:

AsimpsonJk 04-09-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JH17 (Post 3614117)

Do you have an aftermarket spare carrier? Or are you running the stock? I've heard the weight of the 35 causes problems on the stock carrier/tailgate.

I'm currently running without a spare mainly because It won't fit on the stock one. After I sell my other set of wheels and tires ill be getting the ace pro series rear bumper and carrier. Yes a 35 is hard on the stock carrier but its not going to break it in 1 month it's over time. If you want to mount it there temporarily go for it. I just recommend removing it before off roading that's were the most damage to the stock carrier is done. The weight of a big tire and the bumps on the trail weaken it much fast.

AsimpsonJk 04-09-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScullz (Post 3614138)

I have bounced back and forth between this lift and the TF 2.5" w/ shocks. I am saving up to do tires and lift all at once. So, I am eager to hear your experience with this lift! :thumb:

The TF 2.5 coil lift is an awesome lift and good quality. That's what I'm running the ride quality is way better than stock and I'm running a heavy poison spyder front bumper and have had little to no sag. They stay true to a 2.5 lift even with heavy bumpers, winches, and big spare tires.

DallasJKU 04-09-2013 02:29 PM

Definitely go with 315's. I wish I would have gone with 37's actually, but I didn't want to pay for all the other things that would be needed to run 37's. That will be phase 2.

tgeep 04-09-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsimpsonJk (Post 3613869)
I am running close to the same setup with 35s and have a 12 sport 6 speed and hardly notice the additional tire weight. I live in a flat area so that could be why but I'm still averaging 18-19 mpg. The 3.6 liter engine is strong. 6th is not to useful unless your going 60mph or above but it's not that big of a deal. Like I said I live in a flat area so that plays a big roll. I and I'm running with 3.21 gears. The biggest thing I noticed is the stopping distance when you get 35s.

Stopping distance is how much more ... or less?:confused:

h22lude 04-09-2013 04:12 PM

Post pics when done. I'm looking into getting a 2.5" lift and either those wheels or Rugged Ridge wheels.

AsimpsonJk 04-09-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgeep (Post 3615089)

Stopping distance is how much more ... or less?:confused:

More distance your spinning heavier tires in return your breaks have to work hard to stop them. Think of it like a wrecking ball. If you use a light one to smash a building it has less momentum behind it. Now if you do everything the same with a heavier ball it smash straight through because it has more momentum behind it. Correct me if I'm wrong tho guys. As far exact measurements I have no clue i can just say I noticed having to use the breaks sooner or people would of had a nice smashed in rear end from my poison sypder bumper. Lol

AsimpsonJk 04-09-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasJKU (Post 3614730)
Definitely go with 315's. I wish I would have gone with 37's actually, but I didn't want to pay for all the other things that would be needed to run 37's. That will be phase 2.

I'm right there with you. I'm going to strengthen and build my axels over the next 2 years then when I need new tires ill be ready for the 37s.

Salty1 04-09-2013 04:41 PM

Your going to really like the AEV lift, I spent at least 100 hours researching lifts and when all was said and done with went the AEV 2.5. The ride and handling is much better than stock and even with my heavy Warn bumpers it sits level and no nose dive when breaking hard. Just installed the tire carrier but do not have any pic's of it installed, needed it for the 35" Toyo's.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps482ce626.jpg
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/o...psb24044be.jpg

JH17 04-11-2013 04:34 PM

Well, I just ordered the 315/70r17 duratracs. I also ordered the procal. It's just a matter of time now! Thanks for all the suggestions and tips!

nickmimi 04-11-2013 06:26 PM

Congrats on the order. You will like it a lot. We did the 2.5 AEV lift with 315.75.16 duratracs in the last month. It rides great. Get the procal, it is worth it. Do have to brake a little sooner than stock. We went with the or fab tire/can carrier.

zx6r 04-11-2013 06:50 PM

I have it with the geometry correction brackets. no regrets

Ghost-Rider 04-12-2013 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JH17 (Post 3624632)
Well, I just ordered the 315/70r17 duratracs. I also ordered the procal. It's just a matter of time now! Thanks for all the suggestions and tips!

I think you will be very happy.
I just installed mine back in January and I love it!
It rides and handles great. No more nose dive when I hit the brakes.
I went with 315/70/R17 Cooper A/T3's. They are not actually a 35" tire.
My spare measures just a little over 34", and my tires loaded are only 33.5".

Post some pic's when you're finished.....

JH17 04-28-2013 04:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I FINALLY got everything installed. Aev duel sport 2.5 in lift, geo correction brackets, aev argent savegre wheels, 315/70r17 duratracs, ace rock sliders, and I got the procal. The jeeps a little dirty but man was the weather perfect today. Rides great!

Attachment 242278



Attachment 242280

Moha 04-28-2013 04:53 PM

Looks good!!

Have the same wheels, just need the lift. Love AEV products

reissc1 04-28-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost-Rider (Post 3627519)

I think you will be very happy.
I just installed mine back in January and I love it!
It rides and handles great. No more nose dive when I hit the brakes.
I went with 315/70/R17 Cooper A/T3's. They are not actually a 35" tire.
My spare measures just a little over 34", and my tires loaded are only 33.5".

Post some pic's when you're finished.....

Any trouble with that 34 fitting on the stock tire carrier. What I mean is from a bumper to third break light stand point. Thanks

HAFICON 04-28-2013 07:38 PM

The AEV lift is great. It does ok off road, it would be better with sway bar disconnects, but it is great on road. I installed mine a few weeks ago shocks are starting to ride a little better but still is better over stock. I also added a 1" M.O.R.E body lift as 2.5 is plenty of suspension for me but I wanted that extra inch for looks that also made cleaning under body much easier and brought air box, EVAP canister and such a little higher, also made spare tire sit a little lower in the rear window.. I coupled all this with 34" tires 315/70/17.


Next to a stocker.
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps04c33c66.jpg


http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps63fca3e7.jpg

sbrikho 10-24-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JH17 (Post 3693206)
I FINALLY got everything installed. Aev duel sport 2.5 in lift, geo correction brackets, aev argent savegre wheels, 315/70r17 duratracs, ace rock sliders, and I got the procal. The jeeps a little dirty but man was the weather perfect today. Rides great!

Attachment 242278



Attachment 242280

This thread is probably dead, but if not, what's your experience with the rig now, 6 months later? Anything you would have done differently? Any regrets getting 35s instead of 33s?

By the way, a great looking Jeep!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.