Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Heads up - 2013 TPMS Sensors CHEAP! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/heads-up-2013-tpms-sensors-cheap-234104.html)

Scott2373 04-09-2013 02:25 PM

Heads up - 2013 TPMS Sensors CHEAP!
 
If you guys and gals need TPMS sensors for 2013, here ya go! I just bought a set. This is about the best price I think you'll find anywhere!
5 New Chrysler Dodge Jeep TPMS 56029398AB 433MHz Tire Pressure Sensors | eBay

Cole Trickle 04-09-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott2373 (Post 3614711)
If you guys and gals need TPMS sensors for 2013, here ya go! I just bought a set. This is about the best price I think you'll find anywhere!
5 New Chrysler Dodge Jeep TPMS 56029398AB 433MHz Tire Pressure Sensors | eBay

will it work on the wrangler?

Dosent say so

Scott2373 04-09-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole Trickle (Post 3614725)
will it work on the wrangler?

Dosent say so

I've found eBay's list of compatible vehicles to be horribly inaccurate. If you do some hunting around, you'll find that these are the correct part number for our 2013 Wranglers. I checked a bunch of different sources to make absolutely sure that these are the correct ones and have determined that they are.

Cole Trickle 05-14-2013 04:07 PM

Bump

any more links?

These seem to be gone and everything matching the part # has gone up in price

Aussie Jeepster 05-14-2013 04:15 PM

Listing has been closed due to "an error in the listing"! Maybe the price was the error?

crawlin_archer 05-14-2013 09:13 PM

Well 2012 sensors & 2013 sensors are different & you can't swap them.

Cole Trickle 05-20-2013 12:20 PM

These are back in stock for anyone looking....

TrueBlueJK 05-20-2013 01:37 PM

Even though I haven't bought wheels yet I ordered a set, great price!

bartlanz 05-20-2013 01:46 PM

+1 I ordered a pair for WHEN I get a second set of wheels... at that price, they can sit on the shelf and wait for some to die!

bartlanz 05-20-2013 01:50 PM

As I reviewed his other auctions, I'm willing to bet that was a mistake... Get em before he cancels them again haha... Hope he follows through!

kcjk 05-20-2013 01:59 PM

2013 tpms
 
Just installed new tires/wheels on my sport with tpms sensors purchased on ebay (group of 4 from one seller and an individual on the 5th - about $70 total)

The thing you need to worry about is the p/n - 56029398AB. I have the connectivity group and all 4 show up reading correctly.

Drmad7 05-20-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcjk (Post 3774869)
Just installed new tires/wheels on my sport with tpms sensors purchased on ebay (group of 4 from one seller and an individual on the 5th - about $70 total)

The thing you need to worry about is the p/n - 56029398AB. I have the connectivity group and all 4 show up reading correctly.

This^. I think we bought from same seller. I just bought two sets with free shipping for a total of $90.00 or so. I'm selling the extra 3 as singles on eBay. Reduces my overall cost. Now my extra set of tires matches the 13 TPMS.

bartlanz 05-20-2013 02:06 PM

so is 56029398AB the correct number or not for the 2013 with the EVIC?

duker51 05-20-2013 02:16 PM

Thanks for the heads up Scott!!

Drmad7 05-20-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartlanz (Post 3774899)
so is 56029398AB the correct number or not for the 2013 with the EVIC?

Correct number. I ran them on my second set of tires.

Drmad7 05-20-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drmad7 (Post 3774952)

Correct number. I ran them on my second set of tires.

These

Drmad7 05-20-2013 02:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drmad7 (Post 3774959)

These

Stupid phone!

microage97 05-20-2013 02:33 PM

Check out rockauto.com Awesomeness!

gregaf3 05-20-2013 02:43 PM

The 2013's do have different sensors.

cross match the Schrader catalog and do a google search to find them cheap.
http://www.schraderinternational.com..._11-13-12.ashx


When I switched my wheels I found the valve stems(the service kit) at Sam's club for $2 each... not the $27 each that the dealer wanted.

PrecisionPowder 05-22-2013 12:06 AM

just an fyi to you guys, you dont need to buy another set of sensors if you get a second set of wheels or anything of the sorts. its much easier to build a PCV pressure chamber. a short piece of PVC pipe, two end caps and a metal valve steam. glue one end cap to the pipe with the correct pvc glue, let it dry, take the other cap and drill a hole in it and insert the valve steam, jbweld that on, drop the sensors in the tube and glue the other cap on it, after it is dry use a normal air compressor to pressurize the camber to satisfy the system. hide the camber in the jeep somewhere. i HIGHLY recommend writing on the outside of it that it is a TPMS chamber and not a bomb. you dont want to deal with that trouble if a cop ever sees it.

should solve a lot of problems for you guys especially if you want to use wheels that the sensors will not work with. we have been doing this with VWs ever since the system was introduced

TrueBlueJK 05-22-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrecisionPowder (Post 3780520)
just an fyi to you guys, you dont need to buy another set of sensors if you get a second set of wheels or anything of the sorts. its much easier to build a PCV pressure chamber. a short piece of PVC pipe, two end caps and a metal valve steam. glue one end cap to the pipe with the correct pvc glue, let it dry, take the other cap and drill a hole in it and insert the valve steam, jbweld that on, drop the sensors in the tube and glue the other cap on it, after it is dry use a normal air compressor to pressurize the camber to satisfy the system. hide the camber in the jeep somewhere. i HIGHLY recommend writing on the outside of it that it is a TPMS chamber and not a bomb. you dont want to deal with that trouble if a cop ever sees it.

should solve a lot of problems for you guys especially if you want to use wheels that the sensors will not work with. we have been doing this with VWs ever since the system was introduced

For $55 ill pass on your DIY.

PrecisionPowder 05-22-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlueJK (Post 3780632)
For $55 ill pass on your DIY.

costs maybe $15 to diy it and you never have to worry about it again. they will never get broken, never have to worry about having them not fit on wheels, never have to worry about it if you let some air out of your tires depending on the terrain. just seems easier

jwilson2598 05-22-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrecisionPowder (Post 3780520)
just an fyi to you guys, you dont need to buy another set of sensors if you get a second set of wheels or anything of the sorts. its much easier to build a PCV pressure chamber. a short piece of PVC pipe, two end caps and a metal valve steam. glue one end cap to the pipe with the correct pvc glue, let it dry, take the other cap and drill a hole in it and insert the valve steam, jbweld that on, drop the sensors in the tube and glue the other cap on it, after it is dry use a normal air compressor to pressurize the camber to satisfy the system. hide the camber in the jeep somewhere. i HIGHLY recommend writing on the outside of it that it is a TPMS chamber and not a bomb. you dont want to deal with that trouble if a cop ever sees it.

should solve a lot of problems for you guys especially if you want to use wheels that the sensors will not work with. we have been doing this with VWs ever since the system was introduced

Pretty sure this method has been discussed and will not work for the JK's. if you've tried it and it has worked, that would be good news for people.

bartlanz 05-22-2013 06:44 PM

I recd my shipping notice from eBay... Guess its legit!

PecosRiver 05-22-2013 07:07 PM

On Amazon . . . .

Schrader 20398 TPMS Sensor : Amazon.com : Automotive

TrueBlueJK 05-22-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 3783234)

That price is for one sensor only.

bartlanz 05-22-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlueJK (Post 3783240)

That price is for one sensor only.

The eBay listing for 5@$55 is a stupid good deal from what I know... Can't wait to see what actually comes in... Nothing like playing Jeep accessory Russian roulette...

TrueBlueJK 05-22-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartlanz (Post 3783147)
I recd my shipping notice from eBay... Guess its legit!

Mine shipped too, should be here Friday.

NFRs2000NYC 05-22-2013 08:18 PM

Meh, I think it's a useless feature (especially on a Jeep), just something to go wrong. I got rid of mine as soon as I changed wheels/tires.

TrueBlueJK 05-22-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfresh2k2 (Post 3783504)
Yeah, guys please post the results, very curious how they compare to the sensors we stock. Hope for success regardless! Carry on.

They are OEM Chrysler sensors


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.