Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Minnesota Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f80/)
-   -   Best place in Minneapolis to get some works done (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f80/best-place-in-minneapolis-to-get-some-works-done-234414.html)

Tj0013 04-10-2013 04:10 PM

Best place in Minneapolis to get some works done

Do you guys know the best places in minneapolis to get some jeep mods done?

MN05Wrangler 05-31-2013 09:48 AM

Hooze 4x4 in Ham Lake is a possibility. Kind of mixed reviews, have not been there myself.

aypanthony 06-06-2013 11:55 AM

Burnsville offroad

biggie 06-07-2013 01:55 PM

My place! I do work on the side. It depnds on what you want, where you're located, etc, etc. If you have any questions or know someone in my area, (near Winona), I'd be glad for the opportunity.-TB

pi55edoff 07-26-2013 12:00 AM

4wheel parts n acc just up road from Hooze in Andover has a pretty good rep. Have a few buddies that swear by them.

Darth 10-24-2013 10:20 AM

I do side work (cheap or barter for beer/parts) on JK's. What are you looking to have done? I have done every single mod on my jeep myself, along with a few other lift kits on other JK's. Have been into wrenching and suspensions on just about anything since 1997. Depends what you're looking to have done, but if it's suspension related on a JK, don't overpay by bringing it to hooze or 4WP. (no disrespect to them, as they do good work as well - and obviously do this as their livelihood).

aniemyer 10-27-2013 09:10 PM

Which dealership in the Twin Cities does reputable work? My son is a student at UM-TC and his (as in "used to be mine") '09 JKU Sahara has had a couple of instances of non-DW shimmy/pull to the left. It's still under extended warranty, so I'm hoping whatever work that may need to be done will be covered under that. Naturally, I'm a little nervous that they'll see "dumb, off-roading kid" stamped across his forehead and try and BS him, so reputation for fair dealing is important to me.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts!

Turchman 11-13-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aypanthony (Post 3832119)
Burnsville offroad

I believe BOR is gone. I think they moved to South Dakota and are called Dakota Custom, specializing in Hemi conversions. I drove by their place a couple weeks ago and it is empty.

Park Jeep is an OffRoad friendly dealer.

aniemyer 11-17-2013 07:45 PM

Turchman,
Thanks for the advice! He's been gentle on the driving, and with school, hasn't been in yet. But, we'll hit Park for an appointment.

aniemyer 12-15-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turchman (Post 6109802)
I believe BOR is gone. I think they moved to South Dakota and are called Dakota Custom, specializing in Hemi conversions. I drove by their place a couple weeks ago and it is empty.

Park Jeep is an OffRoad friendly dealer.

UPDATE: My son finally got time to drop the JKUS at Park; he told me once he described it, the guy assured him they knew what he was talking about and will be able to fix it. I intend to talk to them before paying the bill, though. But when I called, they did indeed seem off-road friendly and that was reassuring. Thanks again for the recommendation.