Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   So tonight my wife asks me... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/so-tonight-my-wife-asks-me-234680.html)

KllrDave 04-11-2013 06:18 PM

So tonight my wife asks me...
 
..."Why does this have to be like snowboarding? Why can't you just drive it somewhere, park it and drive it home?"

Yes, another package arrived today from Quadratec.

Snowboarding was my previously most expensive hobby/obsession.

hbgirl 04-11-2013 06:19 PM

:rofl:

Shark_13 04-11-2013 06:23 PM

My wife says the same thing compared to my mountain biking hobby....

doesn't help when Qtec sends multiple boxes for 1 order haha then it really looks bad!

1320quick 04-11-2013 06:39 PM

What you needed was your first hobby to be way more expensive so she appreciated the Jeep more. My first hobby was small tire heads up drag racing. I spend 40K on engines the first 4 years we were together. She doesn't say a thing now when parts show up for the Jeep. :D

IndyJeepMan 04-11-2013 06:42 PM

Same problem although I keep the parts and jeep building at a shop, seperate from the house haha.

jeepers29 04-11-2013 06:47 PM

Guys, use your tracking numbers and just make sure you get home first on delivery days!

KllrDave 04-11-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_13 (Post 3625059)
My wife says the same thing compared to my mountain biking hobby....

doesn't help when Qtec sends multiple boxes for 1 order haha then it really looks bad!

Tell me about it. I have a second box on the way!

shoreco 04-11-2013 06:54 PM

use the ole"adage

One for "her", one for "me"....

Sofla Sahara JK 04-11-2013 06:55 PM

My GF says the same to me. It used to be my Honda CBR1000RR, now it's the jeep. She should be happy tho because the jeep is safer :-). I get the "oh ur going out to work on the jeep with ur friends again." Or the "are u on that damn forum again." Lmao!

SHADYDC 04-12-2013 07:12 AM

I hate so see post like this, its not good to neglect your lady like that. its about time you guys get your priorities straight....


GET RID OF HER LMAO.


i get same thing from my girlfriend except its my bike usually. but she doesnt care she just points out everytime i get something i say that lasst thing for awhile and few days later another box haha

Maritimer 04-12-2013 09:08 AM

This may sound boring but I collect books on the province I am from ( New Brunswick, Canada) and due to the size of my collection, I get grief for every book brought into the house. To eliminate that, I save up a bunch of books and take them in all at once.

Go big or go home! Anger is anger and a one shot blast is worth continuous ranging!:dance:

Hunting and fishing stuff, I just plain ol sneak in! HA!

NC Bear 04-12-2013 02:28 PM

After 15 years of marriage my wife has learned to roll with it. I have expensive hobbies:
Shooting
Hiking
Mtn Biking
Jeeping

After 15 years I have learned to have my packages sent to work! lol

legitposter 04-12-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maritimer (Post 3627453)
This may sound boring but I collect books on the province I am from ( New Brunswick, Canada) and due to the size of my collection, I get grief for every book brought into the house. To eliminate that, I save up a bunch of books and take them in all at once.

Go big or go home! Anger is anger and a one shot blast is worth continuous ranging!:dance:

Hunting and fishing stuff, I just plain ol sneak in! HA!

You're right, that actually does sound boring

GulfCoast 04-12-2013 03:16 PM

Mine threatened to cut off my "jewel's" if I even thought about mods, why did I show her this forum.

myquite 04-12-2013 05:25 PM

So my wife says to me, "so when is this going to be done?". I laughed and said, it won't ever be done.

1jeeplvr 04-12-2013 07:43 PM

My wife would rather me be into my guns,Jeep,Mustang & whatever other project I may have going than drugs or hookers.Works for me.

Fireaxe 04-18-2013 09:15 AM

my fiance loves my Jeep and wants a Scrambler for herself....thats why shes my fiance.
She likes more of the creative DIY mods, but she digs it!

TJDave 04-18-2013 09:38 AM

I plan my deliveries while the wife is at work.

Instantly transfer confirmation emails to a protected folder.

Install most upgrades in my buddy's shop.


I feel so ashamed and dirty.:)

Sofla Sahara JK 04-18-2013 10:41 AM

I love this thread! I try to do the small cool upgrades that only a jeeper would notice and not my GF. The bigger things I try to space out. Lol!

cokey4237 04-21-2013 04:16 PM

Ha! This thread is great.
I bought my Jk in october and I saved some cash "hid in a tool box" then after the last 3 months of research. My wife decides if she can get the ring she wants for our 5year anniversary I can spend the same on the jeep as my own gift. Good thing I didn't tell her last week I ordered the zone 3 inch suspension lift. Or the 1.5" spacers that I bought on Craig's list 2 weeks ago. So I may get lucky and just get away with the tires. HahahAha

shoreco 04-21-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cokey4237 (Post 3664790)
Ha! This thread is great.
I bought my Jk in october and I saved some cash "hid in a tool box" then after the last 3 months of research. My wife decides if she can get the ring she wants for our 5year anniversary I can spend the same on the jeep as my own gift. Good thing I didn't tell her last week I ordered the zone 3 inch suspension lift. Or the 1.5" spacers that I bought on Craig's list 2 weeks ago. So I may get lucky and just get away with the tires. HahahAha

That's funny... Last weekend I installed Ace rails (compromise of a step for the wife) and while climbing around on the ground with my creeper and tool box open, I slipped in a body lift..lol...

03XJeep 04-21-2013 11:08 PM

Lol I completely relate to this, I ordered a ton of items for my old Jeep back in the day. I remember bringing box after box into our tiny Military house and taking pictures of all of the amazing items I had received. All the while my wife just eyed me and told me how stupid she thought a lift was. But two weeks later once the lift and tires were on she loved the new look.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.