Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   LJ Owners Only (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/lj-owners-only-234700.html)

Stanton Tucker 04-11-2013 09:04 PM

LJ Owners Only
 
I wanna know what all you LJ owners dislike about the LJ, clearly there is alot to love. I'm just wondering if someone who owns one can think of anything they don't like about it.
I am selling my tj and buying an LJ this summer.
Thanks.
Ready, set go

IrateDonnie 04-11-2013 09:16 PM

The only thing I don't like about mine is that it's not a Rubicon LJ, and finding out how heavy the hard tops are which made me change my mind about wanting the hard top.

Rrp0968 04-11-2013 09:19 PM

I have never owned a TJ, but I have had my LJ for about 6 months and have not found anything that I do not like. Room behind the back seat comes in real handy when you have kids in the back seat.

SS Adrenaline 04-11-2013 09:31 PM

Theres a back seat? lol. I dont like how loud the dinger is...... really...lol. Also the radio sucks. I think those things are specific to the lj though...lol,

cmanlaw 04-11-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Adrenaline (Post 3625808)
Theres a back seat? lol. I dont like how loud the dinger is...... really...lol. Also the radio sucks. I think those things are specific to the lj though...lol,

My stock head unit with sub in console is great... No complaints about the sounds. Maybe you got bad factory wiring?? I wouldn't trade my 05 LJ for a 2013 jku.... Inline 4.o for life!!

Stanton Tucker 04-11-2013 09:49 PM

Thanks for the info guys.. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an 06 LJ Rubicon and then keep it till I die

thgr8alex 04-11-2013 09:59 PM

One of my buddies just got an 06 lj rubicon and its pretty nice. Youll enjoy it.

blackrublj 04-11-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanton Tucker (Post 3625655)
I wanna know what all you LJ owners dislike about the LJ, clearly there is alot to love. I'm just wondering if someone who owns one can think of anything they don't like about it.
I am selling my tj and buying an LJ this summer.
Thanks.
Ready, set go

Bought mine brand new I love it I hated the payments. il keep it till I die thank you!

stangmata 04-11-2013 10:41 PM

I wouldn't have bought a Jeep unless it was an LJ. I love mine.

dbsanders 04-11-2013 11:14 PM

I had a TJ and then an LJ. The soft top is a BIT harder to put up/down because of its increased size. That's the only LJ-specific thing I can think of - they really aren't much different. Love the extra room behind the seat and the MUCH smoother ride on-road.

JimN 04-11-2013 11:24 PM

Loved it from the day it was introduced, but didn't actually purchase my 2006 until 2007. Thought I was basically buying my casket (own it til I die), but the family got too busy and it makes little sense to keep it. So I have it up for sale. I've been driving it daily to park it in front of my office with the for sale sign, and have been having second thoughts. Maybe I hang on to it for my soon to be 16 year old to drive every once in a while. Maybe I teach her to drive a stick this weekend. Hmmm. Will swap the hard top for soft this weekend. Hmmm. I've already purchased the replacement vehicle (2011 Mustang Convertible). Hmmmm, may have just become a 2 convertible family. Hmmm. OK, just rambling now. Yeah, love the LJ, kept it mainly stock other than stereo and a couple cosmetic accessories. New BFG A/T's ride great. Hmmm. Only 49K miles, have been lead to believe I could expect another 200K. Hmmm.

J Rig06 04-11-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanton Tucker (Post 3625905)
Thanks for the info guys.. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an 06 LJ Rubicon and then keep it till I die

I traded my TJ for an 06 LJ Rubicon earlier this year and I have no regrets. I will have to eventually address the OPDA issue but that's not specific to LJs but all 05/06s with the 4.0. Also the fuel backsplash needs to be addressed, but again not LJ specific. The only disadvantage I can think of with the LJ is it's a little easier to bottom out on short, steep hills with the stock height but that goes with any lwb vehicle. That can easily be fixed with tires/lift or a tummy tuck.

my996duc1 04-12-2013 12:18 AM

I am relative new Jeep owner.
Glad I held out for a Rubicon LJ.
No regrets or issues at this time.

_

Kota7x 04-12-2013 01:43 AM

I couldnt be happier with my LJ. I am even happy that I have a non-Rubicon model to do all my own work on. I love all the different kinds of tops we can get with these with the rollbars slanted the way they are.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/...8e2cb6445d.jpg
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/...ps42e4966d.jpg

jrussblues 04-12-2013 02:05 AM

Love my LJ, the sucky parts are the radio and the turning radius.

Socaltrailrider 04-12-2013 02:17 AM

Fairly new to owning a Jeep,but so far i'm loving it. ZERO complaints!!!
I am glad when i decided to pull the trigger on a Jeep i ended up with a nice 05 LJ :thumb:

bondosgto 04-12-2013 03:37 AM

Turning radius does suck, and the fact that some parts are tj/lj specfic does makes things a bit more difficult at times.

n00g7 04-12-2013 04:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Adrenaline (Post 3625808)
Theres a back seat? lol. I dont like how loud the dinger is...... really...lol. Also the radio sucks. I think those things are specific to the lj though...lol,

Pullllll thhhheeeee fuuuusssseeees! First thing I did, or else I would have pushed the damn thing over a cliff.

UnlimitedRubicon 04-12-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanton Tucker (Post 3625655)
I wanna know what all you LJ owners dislike about the LJ


_______________ < this


Quote:

Originally Posted by stangmata (Post 3626152)
I wouldn't have bought a Jeep unless it was an LJ. I love mine.


My sentiments exactly. :thumb:

my996duc1 04-12-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kota7x (Post 3626702)
I couldnt be happier with my LJ. I am even happy that I have a non-Rubicon model to do all my own work on. I love all the different kinds of tops we can get with these with the rollbars slanted the way they are.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/...8e2cb6445d.jpg
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/...ps42e4966d.jpg

I agree !!!
I have had the experience of buying with mods already done and they were jacked up. I got lucky with finding a stock one (not even a scratch underneath) and look forward to building it from the ground up.

What about the Rubicon model should be watched for as being bad or needing improvement on to the point where a person is better off avoiding it ?

What lift is this that you put on yours and what size tires are you running ?
Looks good and looks like it performs well also.

_

Herviss 04-12-2013 08:34 AM

Wait?!? The LJ has a dinger? I guess the PO already took care of that. Owned my 2004 LJ for 3 months now and I love it. Plenty of space in backseat for kids and room in back for dog too. Never owned any other jeeps so I can't compare too much but can't imagine a smaller version. I downsized from a F250 crew cab with a 8' bed so I love the turning radius. :)

thgr8alex 04-12-2013 08:36 AM

If you think turning radius is nice for an lj (which it is!!!) then youd be amazed with a tj lol. Flipping a "u-turn" in a 2 lane road.

Stankgearoil 04-12-2013 05:07 PM

Like others I traded my tj for an lj. Turning radius increase is noticeable and wheelbase does affect off road ability slightly. Is it worth the trade off? YES! With the back seat out it is an excellent short bed pick up. If you can find an 04, grab it. OPDA thing is just too much of a PITA to worry about on 05/06.

Stanton Tucker 04-12-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stankgearoil (Post 3628796)
Like others I traded my tj for an lj. Turning radius increase is noticeable and wheelbase does affect off road ability slightly. Is it worth the trade off? YES! With the back seat out it is an excellent short bed pick up. If you can find an 04, grab it. OPDA thing is just too much of a PITA to worry about on 05/06.

What is OPDA?
And do they make a Rubicon LJ in 04?

Stanton Tucker 04-12-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Rig06 (Post 3626277)

I traded my TJ for an 06 LJ Rubicon earlier this year and I have no regrets. I will have to eventually address the OPDA issue but that's not specific to LJs but all 05/06s with the 4.0. Also the fuel backsplash needs to be addressed, but again not LJ specific. The only disadvantage I can think of with the LJ is it's a little easier to bottom out on short, steep hills with the stock height but that goes with any lwb vehicle. That can easily be fixed with tires/lift or a tummy tuck.

What is the OPDA issue? Is it bad

blackrublj 04-12-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanton Tucker (Post 3629025)

What is OPDA?
And do they make a Rubicon LJ in 04?

No 04 rubs made.

DetroitRodeo 04-12-2013 07:10 PM

I have an 06 Rubi LJ. No issues with my ODPA thus far...

Kota7x 04-12-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my996duc1 (Post 3626990)

I agree !!!
I have had the experience of buying with mods already done and they were jacked up. I got lucky with finding a stock one (not even a scratch underneath) and look forward to building it from the ground up.

What about the Rubicon model should be watched for as being bad or needing improvement on to the point where a person is better off avoiding it ?

What lift is this that you put on yours and what size tires are you running ?
Looks good and looks like it performs well also.

_

I bought mine with the lift. I haven't had too many problems with it. I think it is because the guy that owned it before the guy I bought it from was a police officer.

I have a 4.25" Rubicon Express Lift, 1" Body lift, and 35x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler MTRs. Mine isnt a Rubicon but does have ARB Lockers front and rear that did also come with the Jeep. Every thing else I have done (ie: top, winch, etc).

Stanton Tucker 04-12-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackrublj (Post 3629173)

No 04 rubs made.

Seriously? What about 05??
And what is OPDA

UnlimitedRubicon 04-12-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stankgearoil (Post 3628796)
OPDA thing is just not much to worry about on the vast majority of 05/06.


FIFY


Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanton Tucker (Post 3629025)
What is OPDA?


Oil Pump Drive Assembly


the part to the right of the oil filter:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...AInstalled.jpg


Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanton Tucker (Post 3629025)
And do they make a Rubicon LJ in 04?


'05-'06


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.