Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Anyone have these grab handles? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/anyone-have-these-grab-handles-234839.html)

MN-Sahara 04-12-2013 01:22 PM

Anyone have these grab handles?

Are they easy to install? Hold up well?

Front Rigid Handle Jeep JK '07 2 4 Doors JK Rigrip | eBay

HK_Runner 04-12-2013 02:30 PM

Should be easy. I JUST installed the Synergy ones since I liked them more but they are a bit more complex since you have to cut the trim. These should be quite simple actually, and I prefer the hand position they provide over the grab handles that go on the rollbar. Good mod!

whayes 04-12-2013 02:38 PM

I have these and I am a mechanical idiot; if I can install them, anyone can. They are strong, sturdy, tight, no rattles, and perfectly positioned. Look like stock, too. Hit the "Buy" button now. You won't be sorry. Highly, highly recommended. :thumb::thumb:

MN-Sahara 04-12-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whayes (Post 3628506)
I have these and I am a mechanical idiot; if I can install them, anyone can. They are strong, sturdy, tight, no rattles, and perfectly positioned. Look like stock, too. Hit the "Buy" button now. You won't be sorry. Highly, highly recommended. :thumb::thumb:

Is it as easy as two bolts?

igivup 04-12-2013 05:41 PM

These things are great. Yes a two bolt install, and they are rock solid, well placed, and factory looking.

JKralph 04-12-2013 05:48 PM

Haven't seen those before, thanks for the link :thumb:

Senior Chief 04-12-2013 06:30 PM

Interesting. I was going to go with the Welcome Dist. Ones. Now I'm on the fence

K7MDL 04-13-2013 12:07 PM

Work great but warm it up at install

These work great and install easy enough. The textured grip is nice, I prefer it over plain metal. One tip, ensure the rubber grip is warmed up. I installed mine when it was cold in the garage and like most flexible items, it is not so flexible then. When cold it is easy to tear the ends that you need to pull back to insert the pillar bolt. Warm it up and you will have no issue.

RKracing 04-13-2013 10:50 PM

The shipping looks crazy......or is it just me? $25.21 :eek:

FinzLeft 04-13-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKracing (Post 3633979)
The shipping looks crazy......or is it just me? $25.21 :eek:

Ships from Canada .... :whistling:

Y-Guy 04-13-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senior Chief (Post 3629247)
Interesting. I was going to go with the Welcome Dist. Ones. Now I'm on the fence

Ditto, I was sold on those but the price held me back. Price is good for these, but the shipping is what dampens it. But these look to be a bit more out of the way, the WD ones really look like I'd hit my head at times getting in/out.

Reynoldsmao1 04-13-2013 11:45 PM

They are great, rock solid and look like they came on the Jeep.

K7MDL 04-14-2013 12:02 AM

Despite the shipping, the total is about the same as the Synergy as I recall except RI-Grip becomes with the textured rubber cover.

They do mount in the right location for use seated as well as entry/exit. Being far forward your arm is well positioned for best leverage. Grips such as roll bar straps on you have to dodge your head to get in or out. Being flexible they are not as confidence inspiring ass these solid type. I had the Mopar strap-ons, went to the RiGrip, now wife approved.

HK_Runner 04-14-2013 08:25 AM

When I put on my Synergy handles, my GF was skeptical and simply wanted the grab handles that go on the rollbar. I put BOTH on...a (Craftmaster?) grab handle and the Synergy. That forward location is much more intuitive and effective a position for a grab handle to enter/exit the vehicle. The other she will hold on to if needed while offroading. I don't mind the bare metal. If needed, I can always add tennis racket tape or bicycle handlebar tape to it (and change when worn) but I wear driving gloves or regular leather gloves in the winter, and grabbing the handle is momentary each time. This is one thing that should have come with the Jeep...along with a dead pedal.

igivup 04-14-2013 09:02 AM

Unfortunately anytime you have to have anything shipped it considerably adds to the overall cost of stuff. Even more so if it crosses the border. Too bad we couldn't just pay what it costs and choose our preferred method to ship. Although even at that shipping companies seem to be expensive.
Tires, rims, tube doors, over the years I have spent a small fortune on shipping alone. Money I would much rather have spent on Jeep stuff! I hate to have to purchase what is available, as opposed to what I really want, as some places don't even ship to Canada, and most that do want a premium on top of exorbitant shipping and handling fees.
I know places like Northridge 4x4 help, but you have to know you are paying for shipping in one way or another. Just another cost to living off the beaten trail.
I didn't intend this to turn into a rant, I just wanted you to know I feel your pain when it comes to shipping costs, and how that has to be a sometimes deciding factor in what we want, over what we get.

days-like-this 04-14-2013 09:20 AM

These look nice. When I change the shipping to within Canada (family there) it is only $10...might be worth getting several sets and bringing them back :)

shipjim 04-14-2013 12:26 PM

Is the price for one or two?

Y-Guy 04-14-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipjim (Post 3635513)
Is the price for one or two?

In the details it states "2 handles covered with High quality textured black rubber"

Manyskilz 04-14-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senior Chief (Post 3629247)

I vote Welcome Dist - i got theirs and they are FABULOUS!!! They're not in the way...you wouldn't hit your head on them at all as some fear. They look like they are lower than these, which make them easier to reach, i think.

Rodger L 04-14-2013 05:45 PM

X2^ the welcome Dist handles are solid, easy to install, and out of the way.

UnJKlimited 04-27-2013 06:08 PM

I purchased the JK rigrip ones off eBay and just installed them. They are awesome. They are strong, look factory and are perfectly placed. The installation was easy and took me about a half hour. I like that nothing had to be permanently altered like other options I've seen. Definitely worth the money to me.

Rooster76 04-27-2013 10:18 PM

I just got my RIGRIPS package today with no hardware or instructions included. Hopefully I can get that cleared up. I'm waiting to hear back from emailing him. They look great. The eBay picture made me worried they were grey, but they are black.

QUESTIONS
My grips seem a bit long. They extend past the metal inner part about a good inch, and so the hole on the grip is about an inch too far out. Do they have you cut off the end? Was that how the grips were with yours?

jsmithtx 04-27-2013 10:21 PM

Think mine are Smittybuilt. Super easy to install.

Bubbawink 04-27-2013 11:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I put too much time into this very topic...

Ordered synergy handles and returned them immediately for two reasons: 1. Install instructions are circa 1950 and 2. You physically need to CUT your brand new JKU to I stall them properly...WT??

Sent them back and ordered:

welcome distributing fronts...

Attachment 241921

And a site called surprise straps for the rear...

Attachment 241922

Simple install (30 min for all four)

LOVE THEM...

whayes 04-27-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster76 (Post 3690956)
QUESTIONS
My grips seem a bit long. They extend past the metal inner part about a good inch, and so the hole on the grip is about an inch too far out. Do they have you cut off the end? Was that how the grips were with yours?

I do not recall cutting any of the grip. My grip extends all the way from the rounded end that installs nearest the windshield to the flat part that attaches to the roll bar. Hopefully the install instructions will clear things up for you.

Rooster76 04-28-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whayes (Post 3691194)
I do not recall cutting any of the grip. My grip extends all the way from the rounded end that installs nearest the windshield to the flat part that attaches to the roll bar. Hopefully the install instructions will clear things up for you.

Thanks for the response. I now think that I must have had the "new guy" making mine. The grip goes all the way to the roll bar side, but still over extends like an inch on the bolt side. I'm guessing I will have to cut them to get the bolt in. At least they are painted black underneath.
http://rileyid.com/randy/JK/GrabHand...GRIP-Long1.JPG
http://rileyid.com/randy/JK/GrabHand...GRIP-Long2.JPG

whayes 04-28-2013 02:15 AM

If I recall correctly, the instructions will have you pull the rounded end back, using the hole in the grip to expose the bar and install the screw, then you slip the cover back in place once everything is secure. I wouldn't cut anything on that end. If it doesn't work itself out, I'd do any trimming on the roll bar side.

Reynoldsmao1 04-28-2013 08:55 AM

Don't cut anything, you have to slide the cover down exposing the bolt hole. Once they are bolted up slide the cover back.

Rooster76 04-28-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whayes (Post 3691518)
If I recall correctly, the instructions will have you pull the rounded end back, using the hole in the grip to expose the bar and install the screw, then you slip the cover back in place once everything is secure. I wouldn't cut anything on that end. If it doesn't work itself out, I'd do any trimming on the roll bar side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reynoldsmao1 (Post 3691944)
Don't cut anything, you have to slide the cover down exposing the bolt hole. Once they are bolted up slide the cover back.

Thanks for the replies. I got an email from Ed, the seller, saying that windex will help them slide on.

He's giving me 50% off for forgetting to include the hardware and instructions. That seemed like a good solution to me. I'm pretty stoked to get them bolted on. They seem like they will be perfect from holding them in place.

supercazzola 05-13-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster76 (Post 3692761)

Thanks for the replies. I got an email from Ed, the seller, saying that windex will help them slide on.

He's giving me 50% off for forgetting to include the hardware and instructions. That seemed like a good solution to me. I'm pretty stoked to get them bolted on. They seem like they will be perfect from holding them in place.

The $25 shipping is a bit steep, for an item that weighs a little as they do, don't you think? Couldn't get Ed to reply to my eBay message / best offer...