Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Stereo Questions. Satellite Radio and Bluetooth Calling (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/stereo-questions-satellite-radio-and-bluetooth-calling-235086.html)

music_man185 04-13-2013 08:20 PM

Stereo Questions. Satellite Radio and Bluetooth Calling

i have 2 questions. first, for those of you with satellite radio ready stereos, where did you mount the additional tuner required to receive the signal? not the antenna, but the tuner box. i would like to mount it where it wont be seen and will hopefully see no water or moisture if the top is left open.

my second question is about bluetooth calling through the stereo. i'm looking at aftermarket stereos, and wondering if this is a feature i want. i've never had it before, but i've also never had a jeep before. i can't hardly hear the person on the other line of my phone when all the windows are down in my truck, so i know a jeep will be worse when the top and doors are off. does having bluetooth calling through the radio help hear callers? and can they hear you clearly? if you were getting an aftermarket radio for your jeep, is this a feature you would bother having?

SimpleAce 04-13-2013 08:47 PM

Hey im new to the forum. Im tyler. Just thought i would check out these posts.

vignamatt 04-13-2013 09:13 PM

I mounted my tuner under the driver seat. As for hands free bluetooth, they're not bad until you put the top down. The wind noise makes it pretty hard for the person on the other end to hear you.

music_man185 04-14-2013 06:36 PM

Bump for help

I know there are more jeepers with satellite radio and bluetooth calling! :-)

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

37Olivestreetbrews 04-14-2013 09:07 PM

I have my tuner to the left and behind my glove box. Didn't even secure it. It's light and just sits to the right of the heat/AC controls. I have Bluetooth with the aftermarket mic clipped to my visor. Sure on the highway with the top down you don't stand a chance hearing anyone but that's not what I use it for. Works great in every other situation.

music_man185 04-14-2013 09:20 PM

most of my driving is highway. since no one has much luck with it, i think i will just skip the bluetooth feature. i've never had it before, so i wont be missing anything. i just thought maybe since it was transmitted through the speakers, it would work better than just the phone itself.

Lynskey 04-14-2013 09:27 PM

I have the adaptor (the part that takes the incoming antenna and converts to a plug) under dash behind the glove box. I put it there due to the short lead on the factory antenna cable. The SC-10 (the powered item) is under the steering wheel behind that pull down fascia and behind the metal plate.

I had room for one but not both behind the dash. I also have a crossover tucked in there so the SC-10 unit had to go elsewhere.

I also have the BT and the Pioneer microphone up in the drivers A pillar. It works when the top is on but pretty useless when the top is off.