Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tires & Wheels (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/)
-   -   Penny Penchers mount up (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/penny-penchers-mount-up-235131.html)

GingerTJ 04-13-2013 11:09 PM

Penny Penchers mount up

1 Attachment(s)
Currently paying for college, gas and 100 other things so I'm on a tight budget.

Looking to get new 33 x12.50 15 tires! Would prefer an MT.

What Is the best deal I can get?

Requirements:

Looks decent
Cheep
Decent life 30-40,000?

I have about 850 to play with. Any ideas?

Wondertwin1 04-13-2013 11:21 PM

Some people are against retreads. Some aren't. I personally haven't ran them but have heard nothing but great reviews.
Treadwright.com

GingerTJ 04-13-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondertwin1 (Post 3634091)
Some people are against retreads. Some aren't. I personally haven't ran them but have heard nothing but great reviews.
Treadwright.com

Ok I'll read about them thanks

GingerTJ 04-13-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondertwin1 (Post 3634091)
Treadwright.com

They don't have a 33 anyway

Wondertwin1 04-14-2013 09:45 AM

They have metric sizes that come out to about equal of a 33". You can always settle for a little less or a little more. Or a bit skinnier. I would, and 5 tires would be in your price range. And the people I have seen with them have gotten amazing life out of them.

GingerTJ 04-14-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondertwin1 (Post 3635062)
They have metric sizes that come out to about equal of a 33". You can always settle for a little less or a little more. Or a bit skinnier. I would, and 5 tires would be in your price range. And the people I have seen with them have gotten amazing life out of them.

Ok! I'll look into it but I think I might go with the Asian tires :(

XJtoJK 04-16-2013 11:17 AM

I'd lean towards Goodyear MT/R, Goodyear Duratrac. I don't have personal experence with either, but I've heard good things. The Duratrac are technically an all terrain but they're an aggressive all terrain and they should have a good tread life.

Call Discount Tire Direct, ask for Pat he'll hook you up real good. Both tires have rebates on them right now, Pat hooked me up with my wheels and tires (35"BFGs/Cragars) for only a few hundred more than your budget

GingerTJ 04-16-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJtoJK (Post 3643771)
I'd lean towards Goodyear MT/R, Goodyear Duratrac. I don't have personal experence with either, but I've heard good things. The Duratrac are technically an all terrain but they're an aggressive all terrain and they should have a good tread life.

Call Discount Tire Direct, ask for Pat he'll hook you up real good. Both tires have rebates on them right now, Pat hooked me up with my wheels and tires (35"BFGs/Cragars) for only a few hundred more than your budget

Ok I'll call and ask for pat

OjeeperO 04-16-2013 02:38 PM

Go to tire-size-conversion.com
Type in a size in the calculator and it will populate tire sizes that are within 1 inch of your size. Then click on the sizes and it will take you to all the tires made in that size, then click on the tires and it will go to a page where it has the specs on that tire and a list of companies linking to the exact page to compare prices. Awesome when searching for tires.

GingerTJ 04-16-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OjeeperO (Post 3644427)
Go to tire-size-conversion.com
Type in a size in the calculator and it will populate tire sizes that are within 1 inch of your size. Then click on the sizes and it will take you to all the tires made in that size, then click on the tires and it will go to a page where it has the specs on that tire and a list of companies linking to the exact page to compare prices. Awesome when searching for tires.

Fairly sure they don't make too many metric sizes. When it comes to 15" rims

Big Cole 04-16-2013 07:12 PM

Look on craigslist. I found a brand new set of 33x10.50 maxxis bighorns on Moabs for $800.